Don't Forget Us, Hyung/Chapter 3/

Please Don't Leave II (Sequel)

I woke up as I heard the sound of running footsteps outside of my room. I yawned and rubbed my swollen eyes. Then I came out to see what happened out there.

 

I was smell the cooking foods from the kichen. The smell was so delicious. Who was cooking this early?

 

Yoochun? Impossible. His hobby was sleeping. I knew he was still sleeping in this time.

 

Or it might be.. Junsu? Woah, It would be really great if it was him.

 

Then I walked to the kitchen, just want to know who cooking this early was. And over there.. near the gas stove, I saw a long shoulder hair woman was cooking.

 

Eh.. who was she?

 

I scratched my head that didn’t itch, trying to guess who she was. Then she noticed me and turned her body to face mine.

 

She smiled before greeted me happily, “good morning Joongie! Apparently you’re awake.” I smiled awkwardly and said good morning to her also. Her voice.. I knew it. But whose?

 

“Are you hungry? I cook something special for today.” She said.

 

Oh, came on Jae.. Just remembered her! You couldn’t forget her. Why was she in the dorm? Who was she? Maid?

 

Then she smiled sadly. “You must be forget me, right?” She asked with trembling voice.

 

Oh, I hurt her feeling. The regret was seen on my face.

 

“It’s okay, I can bear with it. I’m Sookjin, your noona. I live in Japan for one month and tomorrow I’ll be back to Korea. I come here every morning also.”

 

S-she was my sister? Oh God, I forgot(again)! I really really felt sorry toward her.

 

“I’m sorry, noona! I never can remember you. You’re my only one sister and I’m forgetful person. I’m really sorry. Please forgive me!” I said in sorry, even I didn’t dare to see her sad and disappoint face expressions.

 

“Joongie? I’m not your only one sister.”

 

I lifted up my face and looked at her. She wasn’t my only one sister? Then, how many did I have? I was wrong and might be.. forget? :O

 

“You have 8 foster sisters and I’m your fourth sister in the family.”

 

Foster sister? Did I have sibling?

 

“Foster sister? Then, which one my sibling?”

 

“You are a son from Han eomma. Your parents divorced and you adopted by Kim eomma, my mother.”

 

“T-then.. the one foster child is.. me?” I asked. Really, the fact made my heart was beating faster. She nodded and I took it as the answer.

 

“Don’t think about it too much, Jae! It’s not a big deal. Hey, are you hungry? I cook many foods for this special day.” She patted my shoulder, to give me some strength I guessed.

 

“Yeah, a little.” I answered in little voice.

 

“You know, guess what special today is!”

 

I shook my head in confusing. Special day? Did I forget something important again?

 

“You forget, hmm?” Sookjin noona looked at me and smiled mysteriously. “Today is Junsu’s birthday!” She added.

 

M-mwo? Junsu’s birthday? I rushed to calendar and I saw the date of December 15th was circled by red ink and written Junsu’s birthday.

 

“Ah yeah, today is his birthday and I can’t give him something for present.” I muttered and  ruffled my messy hair.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. You can give him later. The important is, we can celebrate with him together today.”

 

“Okay. I think I’m going to shower first.” Then I left the kitchen before I could kiss Junsu’s cheeks on his birthday. Hmm.. I thought that I could give Junsu a kiss as his gift. Hahaha.

 

.

.

 

“Noonaaaaa! I love you so much!”

 

I heard Junsu’s happy high scream from the kitchen. I saw he was hugging a woman. Hey, a woman? Who was she?

 

“Yah, Junsu-ya, let go of her!” I said to Junsu who hugged her tightly.

 

“Oops, sorry hyung! I’m too happy today because of Sookjin noona.” Junsu said happily. It was seen on his face.

 

Sookjin noona?

 

Omo, She was my sister. I almost forgot her! Thanks to God!

 

“Why? Why do you so happy?” I asked curiously.

 

“Sookjin noona cooked many foods for my birthday today, hyung. She wants to celebrate with us. I think that I can’t celebrate my birthday anymore but Sookjin noona is here. Thanks to her.” Junsu hugged her again.

 

Oh good, you forgot something again, Jae.. Didn’t Sookjin noona say it to you before? You forgot again. Poor Jaejoong!

 

“Okay, let’s we eat!” Junsu said and took a seat.

 

“Yah, wait for Yoochun first. Let me wake him up .” Sookjin noona then went to Yoochun’s room.

 

“Junsu-ya, happy birthday! Sorry, I don’t give you anything yet.” I said. I hoped that Junsu could understand me.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. Just the three of us can gather and celebrate together, make me really really happy. I don’t need anything present from you or Yoochun hyung. I don’t need present. I just need the two of you always beside me, whatever or wherever we are.” Junsu smiled.

 

That smile looked so shady and a little sad, might be? I could see the sadness, it was so obvious.

 

“Junsu-ya, happy birthday!” Me and Junsu turned around just to see Yoochun who looked still sleepy. I knew he was willing to sacrifice his sleep time first for Junsu.

 

“Yoochun-ah, where’s my gift?” Junsu asked and laughed.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.. I don’t buy it yet.” Yoochun scratched his neck.

 

Hearing Yoochun, Junsu pouted his lips, pretend to sulking. “How can you.. When your birthday is near, you ask for your gift from us and then it’s my turn even you don’t remember it.”

 

Mwo? Who says I don’t remember? I remember it. I just forget to give you gift. I’ll give you special gift later. Promise!” Yoochun said with a very reassuring tone, made Junsu laughed.

 

“I don’t need any gift from the two of you, guys. The important is, you and Jae hyung are here for my birthday.” Junsu said sadly with teary eyes. Eh? He cried?

 

“Su-ie.. you miss them? Don’t crying, okay? The important is, me and Jae hyung are here with you, right?” Yoochun tried to comfort Junsu.

 

Them? Who were they?

 

Ah! It must be them! Yeah, them.

 

Yunho and Changmin who Junsu told me often. But, who were they? Were they people Junsu loved the most or what?

 

Then, the previous woman entered the kitchen. What was her name? Sookjin noona, right? Aigoo.. why did I forget easily this lately?

 

She came with huge cake which written ‘Happy Birthday Our Jun-Chan’.

 

“I made this by myself. How, pretty right?” She asked us. The woman that I guessed named Sookjin was asking for our opinions.

 

“Yes, it’s very pretty and looks delicious.” Yoochun praised her. But it was obvious that he praised the cake.

 

Jinchayo? Aww.. Thank you.” Sookjin noona said. Was I right that she named Sookjin? Please someone helped me to say yes!

 

“Let’s we sing a song for our lovely Junsu!” Yoochun said in excited.

 

Arraseo.. Hana.. deul.. set..

 

“Happy birthday Junsu.. Happy birthday Junsu.. Happy birthday, happy birthday.. Happy birthday Junsu..” We sang a short song for Junsu.

 

“Junsu, before blow the candle, make a wish first!” Sookjin noona said.

 

Junsu nodded and then closed his eyes. He prayed. Then he opened them and blow the candle.

 

“Hurray!” The three of us clapped our hands.

 

“Junsu, what are you wishing for?” Yoochun asked in curiousity and wanted to know.

 

“Do you want to know?” Junsu smiled naughtly. “I’ll tell you later guys, not now.” He added.

 

Ah okay. Let’s we eat!” Yoochun took a seat and ate all Sookjin noona’s foods.

 

“Jae hyung, Chunnie hyung, Sookjin noona, thank you for today.” Junsu said softly. I smiled at him and held his hand.

 

.

.

 

December, 23th 2013..

 

Two days before the Christmas; me, Yoochun, and Junsu arrived in Seoul, South Korea. We decided to spend our Christmas holiday with our family here.

 

“I’m sorry Jae.. It’s rare disease. Affects one in a million people. According to the predictions of doctors, someday you’ll lose all your memories. Your families, friends, childhood memories, even your own name. I’m sorry, I can’t help you too much. May God bless and always with you!”

 

Sigh..

 

So pathetic. Doctor Nakajima’s words kept ringing in my head and made me scared to death. I scared if I lost my memories. I scared..

 

Then, before it happened, I wanted to spend my Christmas with my people that I loved. And, I wanted to have fun with Yoochun and Junsu, to make an unforgettable memory with them even though I’d forget ‘that memory’ or Yoochun and Junsu someday.

 

.

.

 

I woke up as I heard my alarm rang. I scratched my head while my eyes were closing and sat on my bed, to gather my soul. It felt like my soul was still in my dreamland.

 

“Ahjumma, wait for me!”

 

I heard a girl’s voice in the outside. Hmm.. Korean. We were in Japan, right? It sounded cool that Japanese spoke in Korean.

 

Korean?

 

I opened my eyes quickly as I realized something and opened the windows also. There, the environment changed. My sakura tree.. where was it? No more fishes pool, sakura tree, bench, and our cars.

 

Where was I?

 

I realized that I wasn’t in my room too. I wasn’t in my dorm. I kidnapped by someone?

 

Then I heard a knock on the door. The door slowly opened and I saw Junsu! I ran to him and hugged him.

 

“Eh hyung?”

 

“J-Junsu, where are we? Where’s Yoochun?” I asked him.

 

“Our dorm, hyung. Do you forget? We’re in Korea. We moved here yesterday.”

 

“Ah really? You’re not lying, right?” I asked in doubt. Was he true?

 

Then he nodded happily and handed me a clean towel.

 

“I’m not lying, hyung. The Christmas is coming tomorrow and we want to spend it with our families. Take a shower first, hyung. Last night you wanted me and Yoochun hyung to accompany you to the mall. Remember? We’ll have fun all day. Sookjin noona is coming and she cooks us breakfast as usual. I’m waiting for you in the kitchen!” Junsu then left.

 

I looked at the towel which Junsu gave me and decided to take a shower first. But, I realized something that I didn’t know where the bathroom was!

 

.

.

 

“2 more days..” Yoochun muttered on the couch.

 

“Hmm, I know hyung.” Junsu responded.

 

“10 years..” Yoochun muttered again.

 

“Yeah, it’s true.” Junsu responded again.

 

“Without them..” Yoochun muttered again and again.

 

“Geez, only the three of us.” Junsu responded again and again.

 

Hey, what happened with them? They talked like dead men, in not excited and blank moods. I thought they didn’t notice that I was here.

 

“So lonely..” Yoochun muttered for the third time.

 

“Yah, what are you talking about?” I asked before Junsu answered Yoochun’s words.

 

Then, they turned their gaze to me. “2 more days. 10 years. Without them. So lonely.” Yoochun mentioned his words before.

 

I only looked at them, especially Yoochun in puzzled. ‘What?’ I mouthed to them.

 

“That is our debut day, hyung.” Junsu said.

 

“Yeah.. our debut when the five of us were just kids.” Yoochun added.

 

The five of us? Me, Yoochun, Junsu, then.. Yunho and Changmin? Was I right?

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t remember. How about we celebrate our debut day?” I suggested. “We’re gonna have fun after the Christmas.” I added.

 

Yoochun and Junsu looked excited. “But how?” They asked in unison.

 

“We can invite Yunho and Changmin to celebrate with us.”

 

They fell silent.

 

“Eh? What’s wrong? Don’t you like it?”

 

“Hyung, please don’t forget about this anymore!” Said Yoochun.

 

He was angry? His tone sounded creepy. Was I say something wrong? He didn’t seem happy and Junsu.. he looked sad.

 

“Do you know what am I talking about?” Yoochun raised his volume.

 

I remaint in silent. I didn’t know what to say. I just quiet, waiting for Yoochun’s words.

 

“They already died, hyung!”

 

Hearing that, it felt like my bones were cracked right now.

 

“We are in Japan. One night, we wanted to come back to Seoul, to attend the funeral..” Junsu trailed off. I had bad feeling about it. Whose funeral?

 

“..Yunho hyung and Changmin.” Junsu continued.

 

I remembered Junsu’s words that day. When I woke up in hospital and forgot everyone’s faces, Junsu talked about them to me; about their funeral where we really wanted to attend their funerals.

 

Now I remembered it!

 

“I’m sorry, Yoochun-ah. Now I remember it. Promise that I always remember that. Yunho and Changmin are our members, right?”

 

“H-hyung, Have you remembered everything?” Junsu asked. I could see the happiness.

 

“I’m not sure about that, Su. May be.. I can remember all my memories but of course it needs time, right?”

 

“Hyung. I’m so happy. Usually, you can only remember their names but now.. you remember that their our members? Hey, do you remember their faces too?” Junsu asked with interested.

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t know.”

 

“It’s okay, hyung. I bet you can remember them someday.” Junsu said happily.

 

“I bet he’ll forget us and everything someday.” Yoochun added. His words made me hurt but I just acted like didn’t hear what he say.

 

“Yeah, always keep the faith right? We often say it.”

 

Then Yoochun who was doubt, was smiling brightly, hearing I said ‘always keep the faith’. Junsu too. He looked more happy with teary eyes. They looked at each other and then hugged me in unison.

 

“Hyung, you remember it! Thanks God!” Said Yoochun. I could feel his tears on my shoulder.

 

“Hyung, this is miracle. The best present ever that you give to me.” Junsu added.

 

“Yeah, I remember now guys.. Don’t worry! I’ll never forget about them and the both of you.”

 

I smiled sadly. I hugged them back. Sorry Yoochun, Junsu.. Actually I didn’t remember the ‘always keep the faith’ words. I just saw it on Junsu’s note, near the TV.

 

I didn’t remember who Yunho and Changmin were.

 

I was sorry. I pretended like an old Jaejoong just want to make you happy, not sad because of me. I didn’t want to be your burden. But I promised that I could remember them and everything. I had to break Doctor Nakajima’s statement about my memories.

 

I couldn’t forget you both. Never..

 

.

.

 

Omo!!

I don’t satistied with this chapter, I even prefer the previous chapter. The previous chapter is easy to understand. This chapter is complicate, I think. How about you?