Sixteen;

The Girl with the Fake Smile
(Jirin's POV)

~An hour earlier~ I woke up in the basement of my house.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Oh Jirin," I heard. My mother walked down the stairs laughing. "You think that you could get away from me, sweety? Well think again."

"What do you want with me?" I asked. Then I felt something sharp run across my left cheek. My mother was holding a knife with my blood on it.

I could feel the blood run down my skin. I was going to wipe the blood off but my hand was chained to the wall.

"You'll never run away ever again. You will pay for what you did to my husband!" she yelled. She cut my other cheek.

My cheeks started to hurt so much. My hot tears made the pain even worst. *Luhan...*

"Even if she was a cheating bastard to you?" I asked.

"What?!" my mother yelled.

"He was cheating on you and me. He has another woman that was pregnant."

~Flashback~

I had to transfer schools because I moved.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Choi Jirin. I just moved here from Busan which is very far away!" I said happily.

"Welcome to Seoul Elementary, Jirin!" a boy with a baby face said.

"Jirin, sit next to Luhan. Ever since he heard the news, he kept the seat next to him empty," Ms. Lee said. I smiled and nodded.

I sat in the seat that the boy kept empty for me.

"I'm Lu Han! But you can call me Luhan. You're a kindergardener too? Or are you first grader?"

"Kindergardener," I said and smiled.

I ran out of school. My appa was going to pick me up today.

"Jirin!" I heard. I turned around and saw Luhan running to me. He hand me a picture of us. "From this day on, we'll be bestfriends!" he said.

The picture was taken by our teacher when we were playing on the blacktop.

"Bestfriends," I said and smiled. I turned around and saw my appa waiting for me. "Appa!" I yelled and ran to him.

"Jirin! How was your first day at school here?"

"It was good. I already made a bestfriend!" I said and pointed to Luhan.

"Isn't he a cute little boy," appa said and chuckled.

"Ewwwwww! Boys are icky!" I said.

"Of course they are!" my appa laughed.

-A Few Years Later-

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jirin! Happy birthday to you!" my classmates and teacher sang. I blew out the candle on my chocolate cake.

"How old are you, Jirin?!" my classmates asked.

"I'm 7 years old," I said and smiled.

"Woooow. I'm still older than you," Luhan said.

"Of course. You were born before me," I said. Then my teacher put a crown on me and a crown on Luhan.

"You look like a princess!" Luhan said.

"And you look like a prince," I said and blushed. Luhan held out his hand.

"Would you like to go to the playground with me, my princess?" Luhan asked.

"Yes, my prince," I said and took Luhan's hand. As we were walking to the playground hand in hand, I felt completed. *Luhan is adorable.* I thought while looking at his side profile.

When the last bell rang, my appa and omma couldn't pick me up so I had to walk alone. I walked with Luhan but we parted ways half way.

While I was walking up to my house, my appa's car was in the drive through.

"If appa is home, why didn't he pick me up?" I asked myself. I slowly opened the front door and saw a pair of a woman's heels I've never seen before.

I walked up the stairs quietly and heard weird sounds.

"UGH! YES! RIGHT THERE! AHHH YES!" I heard a woman's voice. My eyes widened. *Someone is getting hurt!*

I ran inside the room. The biggest mistake of my life. I saw my appa and strange woman together.

"Appa.......?" I said in shock.

"Now Jirin.... This isn't what it looks like," my appa said.

My appa got dressed and the woman left. My appa sat next to me on the couch.

"I thought you love omma," I said.

"I do love your omma. I love her a lot, sweety. And I love you too," he said.

"But why.....?"

"Sometimes, people make mistakes. Really big mistakes. But they will never stop," my appa said. "Don't tell your omma. Okay?" He held out his pinky.

I nodded and wrapped my pinky with his. "That's my Jirin."

-A Few Days Later-

When I got home from school, everything was wrecked. "What happened...?"

"JIRIN WILL LIVE WITH ME!" I heard my appa yell. *What...?*

"SHE WILL NOT LIVE WITH A CHEATING BASTARD LIKE YOU!" my omma screamed.

"SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!" they both yelled. My omma ran downstairs and saw me. She ran to me and grabbed me.

Then my appa ran to me and grabbed me. He pulled me into his car then my omma forced herself inside the car.

They started yelling at each other on the top of their lungs. My heart hurts to see them fighting.

"STOP FIGHTING! STOP!" I yelled at my parents. But they didn't.

"YOU'RE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF-" A loud crash sound has made fighting go away. Then sudden dark took over.

A few months after the accident, the woman came to my school. The woman who my appa was cheating on my omma with.

"Jirin," she said. She saw the bruises and cuts on my arms. "Are you okay?"

I stayed silent and decided to walk away. Then she ran in front of me.

"Jirin. I'm sorry about your appa," she said and then a teaf fell from her eye. "But, please tell keep this a secret from your omma." She bent down and whispered something in my ear. "I'm pregnant with your appa's child."

I was shocked. Then, she left. ~Flashback End~

"WHAT?!" my mother yelled.

"After a few months, she came to my school and told me she was pregnant. I've visited her and my brother a couple of times," I said bravely.

My mother got more angry, and beat me.

So much blood on my new dress. This night was suppose to be amazing but it became the most horrifying night ever.

An hour passed. I heard foot steps on the first floor. *L-Luhan?!* My hopes built up.

"You. You are the worst daughter anyone could have," she said. Then we both heard something loud that came from upstairs. *Luhan... Be quiet..*

We stayed still until my mother came to me. "You'll be here until you die. What are you going to do now?" she asked.

I just stared at her in anger. Then she slapped me. I lowered my head. I started to grow weaker and weaker. Then the door bursted open, Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin ran down the stairs.

"Luhan," I mumbled. I didn't here what they were saying because I started to black out. "Luhan......."

BOOM!

My vision started to get blurry. Men dressed in black pointed their guns at my mother. No one seemed to be hurt, but me.

Then I out.

(Luhan's POV)

I smiled. Before anything could happen badly, a SWAT team ran down the stairs and pointed their guns at Jirin's mom. They arrested her.

I high fived Chen and Xiumin.

"Ummm..... Luhan," I heard Xiumin say.

"What?" I asked. He pointed behind me. I turned around and Jirin had her eyes closed. Frozen in place. My eyes grew.

I ran next to her. I shook her awake. "Jirin! Jirin!" I yelled. She wouldn't wake up. "No... No.. Jirin! W-Wake up!"

Perimedics cut the chains off her wrists and ankles. Then they took her away. Tears ran down my cheeks. "Jirin....."

"Hyung, go to the hospital," Chen said. I nodded and ran for my life.

I waited in front of the operation room doors. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat.

Then the operation doors opened. Three doctors walked out. I stood up and looked at them.

"What happened?! Is Jirin okay?!" I asked. They looked each other. *That's a sigh that........ she died...* I started to sob.

The doctors ran up next to me.

"A lot of people die from her condition," one of the doctors said.

"But fortuneatly, that's not the case here," another doctor said. I blinked and looked up.

"Jirin lived. We're waiting for her to wake up. She's okay. You don't need to worry anymore," the other doctor said.

My heart healed. I smiled like there was no tomorrow.

Jirin........ is alive.