CASSIOPEIA

The Story Has Just Begun (Collection of Short Stories)

 

C.A.S.S.I.O.P.E.I.A ( Choi MinYe and Shim Changmin)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

*Changmin’s P.O.V*

“Hhhmm…..oppa…?” I felt pair of hands covered my eyes. I smiled knowing that, that  voice belong to the girl I love.

“Take a guess…?” She said again, I suddenly smirked. I just feel to this day.

“Ohh, I know Yumi?” I told her other girl’s name.

“Aniyo…” She replied still covering my eyes. This time I placed my hands over hers.

“Ahh..i know..i know…Yun Ah…” I burst out laughing and I felt herremoving her hands. She sat beside me and pouted. I laughed on her expressionand pinch her cheeks. She’s so cute…

“Yah, how dare you to say the names of your ex-girlfriends?” She glared at me.

“Aniyo!I told you I never had a girlfriend…You’re my first…” I told her sweetly and caressed her cheeks.

“Aissh, well, you can always say lie to me…” She crossed her arms and lied down on the grass. I chuckled, I really love it when she’s jealous.

“Don’t be jealous, and don’t doubt me…I love you and how can I lie to you?” I leaned on her. She blinked at me and then she smiled.

“Really? You love me?” She asked. Aiisshh this girl? Did she really need to ask that?

“Of course…” I told her. She grinned. What’s with that smirked? Oh-uh…

“Well, you told me you really love me right? So oppa, please, can you let me join in the sports club?” She asked me. Oh no, this is it again…

“Yah, Choi Min Ye, how many times I told you that you can’t….You can’t stress yourself…you have asthma…” I told her and she pouted again. I knew it, she’ll request for it.

“Aisshh…Appa told me that reason also, and also Umma, and now you? What’s wrong with all of you?” She pouted more.

“Yah, we’re only concern for your health…I’ll really get worried if something happened to you…” I caressed her cheeks, and brush her hair softly.

“Araso..araso…” She finally gave up. I saw her looked at the sky and smiled.

“Oppa, look, there are so many stars…” She said as she sat up. I also sit up and looked at the stars.

“Ohh, it’s our favorite constellation…Cassiopeia…” I pointed to it. She looked and smile.

“Neh…ahh oppa, do you still remember how we met? I just noticed that ever since we met, there’s always that constellation when something good and happy moments happened to us…” She said and I nodded.

“Of course, I still remember how we met..i’ll never forget that day..” I smiled and looked back at the sky, remembering on how we met each other. I was just on 6th grade during that time when I met Min Ye.

*Flashback*

I saw a girl crying on the park, I walked to her and sat beside her.

“Why are you crying?” I askedas she looked at me. She’s the girl in my school that my classmates always talking about, they always bullied her every day.

“Are you okay?” I asked again. This time, she glared at me.

“Don’t talk to me…I know you’re just like the other boys in our class…” She said and looked down.

“Aniyo..i want to be friends with you…I’m Changmin…” I introduced myself, though I know she knew me, but we I haven’t talk to her yet. She looked at me.

“I..I’m Min Ye..” She replied and I smiled.

We sat there for almost 2 hours and talk to each other, I guess she’s finally comfortable with me. She looked at the sky and pointed to a group of stars.

“Oppa, do you know that group of stars?” She asked me.

“Neh, it’s the Cassiopeia…” I answered back and she just mouthed “O”.

“It’s really beautiful…” She said. I smiled at her and looked at the stars.

“Neh, ohh..how about we make a wish, everytime we saw that group of stars?” I told her. She looked at me confusedly.

“But I thought we can only wish for the first star that appeared during nighttime and also the shooting star…” She said to me and I laughed.

“Well, we can make our own belief, from now on, every time, we saw Cassiopeia, we’ll make a wish…Araso?” I told her, and she nodded. We looked at the sky and closed our eyes.

*end of Flashback*

“So oppa, make a wish now..” She said as I closed my eyes and make a wish. I just wish that the both of us we’ll live together and forever.

“Now your turn…” I told her, she looked at the sky and closed her eyes. I stared at her.

“So, what did you wish?” She asked me. I chuckled. She’s really like this after we made a wish.

“Well, I just wish that we’ll live together and forever..” I told her, and she laughed.

“Wae? How about you what did you wish?” I asked her this time.

“I wish for your luck and success when you start your career…” She told me, I looked down and feel sad.

“Do you really want me to be a singer? I mean, if I’ll be a singer, we’ll have less time to spend together. I’ll barely see your face and talk to you…” I told her, that’s what I’m afraid of.

“Oppa, you’re almost done. I mean you’re now training, and you’ll just waste it like that? Oppa, I know it’s your dream…I want you to be happy, and don’t worry; I’ll still be here by your side if you became a singer. I’ll be your number one fan.” She told me and suddenly kissed me on my cheeks.

“Gomawo, Min Ye ah…Saranghae…” I whispered to her and hugged her tight.

*end Of P.O.V*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

*3rd person’s P.O.V*

The next day, Changmin went to S.M agency for his training. Two months to go and he’ll finally debut as a singer, The name of theirgroup is“Dong Bang Shin Ki”. Heis  the magnae of the group He’s only 15 years old, while the other 4 members are already 17.

“Changmin ah, where did you go last night?” Yunho, the leader of the group asked.

 “Ohhh…I went out with Min Ye…” Changmin replied.

“Nice one, Changmin…but are you not afraid of what will happen if you already debut as a singer?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well, I’m afraid but she always tell me that I have to pursue my dreams…She really understands my situation..” He replied to them. They all smiled.

“You’re very lucky to have her…” Junsu said. Yoochun smiled but then he frowned.

“Just don’t hurt my cousin…” Yoochun said to him, and then he smiled.

“Of course, hyung, I’ll not…” Changmin replied. After their little conversation, they all started their practice for their upcoming debut performance.

After that they have their lunch, and went back again to their practice. Changmin received a call from Min Ye’s parents.

“Yeboseyo?”

“Changmin ah, this is Min Ye’s father…” He said.

“Ohh..Ajussi…what’s wrong?” He asked him. Somehow, he felt that there’s something wrong.

“Changmin, Min Ye’s is in the hospital…” Mr. Choi told Changmin.

“Bwoh? Why? What happened?” He suddenly panicked.

“She has another attack of her asthma…” He replied.

“Araso, I’ll go there…” Changmin hang up the phone and told the other members what happened. They all went to the hospital since Yoochun is Min Ye’s cousin, and also the other members are very close to her. When they got in the hospital, they quickly went to Min Ye’s room. They saw her parents talking to a doctor.

“Uncle, where’s Min Ye?” Yoochun asked.

“Yoochun, I’m glad you’re here…the doctor said she’s already ok, she’s awake now…” Min Ye’s father replied. They all went to Min Ye’s room.

“Min Ye…” Changmin went to her and hugged her. She hugged him back.

“What happened?” He asked.

“Well, i..i played volleyball a while ago…and got tired…” She replied looking down.

“Aiissh, how many times I told you about that huh?” He frowned.

“Mianhae…i’ll do it anymore…” She smiled and look at him with a puppy eyes.

“Yah, Choi Min Ye! Aissh, araso..araso…” He surrendered, Min Ye giggled and also the members.

“Min Ye is really your weakness..huh..?” Junsu . Changmin glared at Junsu, who quickly hid behind Yunho.

“Oppa, don’t worry, the doctor told me that I’ll be discharge tomorrow morning…” She wrapped her arms around Changmin’s neck.

“Don’t be too sweet infront of us…” Yoochun hissed, and then he grinned.

“Ohh, my cousin is jealous…don’t worry Yoochun oppa, I also love you…” She smiled, Yoochun sat beside her and messed her hair.

“OPPA….” She yelled and all of them laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

While they are having fun inside, Mr. and Mrs. Choi are very worried about Min Ye’s health. They found out that Min Ye’s heart disease is getting worst every day. Min Ye also knew about her sickness, but she told Changmin that she have an asthma, that’s why she cannot stress herself too much. He didn’t know about her heart cancer. Min Ye doesn’t want to tell it to him, because she knew that once she told him, he might not pursue his dreams, and he’ll only take care of her. She already told her parents not to tell her condition to anyone, even to Yoochun.

“What we’ll do now?” Mrs. Choi asked her husband.

“The doctor said that there’s way to save her life, but it’s not 100 % sure…we must go to America for her operation…” Mr. Choi said. The doctor told them about the chance for Min Ye to have a longer life and that’s the operation, but they must go to America.

“I think, we should try it…you should book tickets for us as soon as possible, I’ll tell Min Ye about this…” Mrs. Choi said and they hugged each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

*Min Ye’s P.O.V*

I woke up early in the morning, and I’m still in the hospital. But I’ll be discharge this day also. Changmin and his friends went home late last night. I saw umma, sitting on the couch. But where’s appa?

“Min Ye, sweetie, you’re awake..” My mom said and walked to me. She sat beside me, I guess she have something to say.

“Min Ye, listen to me… we must go to America as soon as possible…” My mom suddenly told me, and I was shocked.

“Umma, why?” I asked.

“Well, the doctor told us, that you have chance to live a longer life if we try the operation…but still we’re worried because it’s 50/50…” My mom told me and I looked down.

“Umma, i..i still want to try it…I mean, it’s the only chance right? I want to live longer…for you, for dad, for Changmin oppa,and to all of my friends…” I told her. She looked at me and smiled.

“You’re appa already booked tickets for us…maybe we’ll go to America next week. Are you planning to tell it to Changmin?” She asked me.

“I’ll think about it….” I told her as I lay down again and closed my eyes. I heard the door close, maybe umma went outside to give me time to think.

What will I do? Will I tell him about my situation? No, they’ll debut after 2 months. I can’t ruin his dreams; I’ll only be a burden for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Days passed by and I started to practice myself without him. I barely talked to him and whenever he asked me to see him; I’ll lie to him and tell him that I have something to do.

But this day is different, maybe this day, will be our last day together and also, this day is our 1st year anniversary. I called him to meet me in the park. It’s almost nighttime, when we decided to go to the park.

“Min Ye ah…” He called and hugged me when I walked to him.

“Oppa, happy anniversary, sorry, of these past few days, that I’m not with you…” I told him, as he hugged me tighter.

“It’s ok, after all, you’re busy and I’m also busy…” He told me, we broke the hug and sat on the grass as we watched the stars in the sky.

“Oppa, one month to go and you’ll have your first performance…good luck oppa, I know you can do it…” I told him as I get closer to his side.

“Gomawo..you’ll be my inspiration…” He told me and he kissed my softly in the lips. I was a bit shocked on his sudden action. This is our first kiss. When he broke the kiss, he looked at me in my eyes.

“Min Ye, Saranghae…” He whispered to me.

“Nado, Saranghae..” I whispred back. We looked back again in the sky.

“Oppa, look, there’s the Cassiopeia..” I pointed at the sky.

“Ohh, yeah….so make a wish now..” He said and we both closed are eyes. This time I wish for his career, I also wish for him to moved on if I already left him. Suddenly tears started to flow on my eyes.

“Min Ye, why are you crying?” He asked me as he heard my sobs.

“Oppa, i..i’m just happy for you…” I told him and he hugged me.

“Uljima…I don’t want to see my princess crying…” He caressed my hair and he kissed my forehead.

“By the way I have something to give…” He broke the hug and gave me a small box. I opened it and saw a necklace with a acronym of our name as a pendant.

“Oppa, this is so beautiful…” I told him with teary eyes.

“It’ll be beautiful if you wear it..i already wear mine” He told me and showed his necklace also. He put it on me.

“Gomawo..” I thanked him and kissed him in the lips, but this time it became passionate and full of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

“Min Ye, are you ready?” My mom asked me. We’re now at the airport. Yes, I’ll leave now Korea and also Changmin oppa. I didn’t tell him about this.

“Neh umma, let’s go now..” I told them and we walked to the boarding area.

*end of Min Ye’s P.O.V*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

*3rd person’s P.O.V*

Changmin went to Min Ye’s house since; he wants to have another surprise for her. When he went there, it’s closed. He asked some of their neighbors

“Ohh Changmin, they went early, they have their luggage with them, I don’t know where they’ll go…” Mr. Han said.

“Ohh..thank you so much…” he bowed and he quickly rushed to the park. He saw a letter on the bench. He picked it up and it was from Min Ye.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Changmin sat on the bench and he open the letter, that was addressed for him.

“Dear Changmin oppa,

Maybe, when you’re reading this, I already left Korea…Oppa, sorry for leaving you like this, but please, understand me…I have a reason, why did I have to do this…I don’t want to be away from you. But this is the best way…Oppa, just promise me that, you’ll stay happy and you’ll move on. I don’t want you to be sad. Smile for me…I’m sure we’ll see each other again, I hope so….Don’t worry, if the right time comes, I’ll tell you my reason…But for now, I want you to work hard and I promise I’ll watch your first performance…maybe not in live, but I promise I’ll watch it…Oppa, don’t be sad…just look in the sky…in the stars…Oppa, I love you so much…I’ll miss you…

Love,
~~Min Ye~”

Changmin hold the letter and he cried there, he has so many questions in his mind? Why did Min Ye leave him? What’s happening to her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

*Changmin’s P.O.V*

Why? Why Min Ye? What’s wrong? You could have just tell me, you don’t need to leave me here, What will I do now? I don’t have you by my side. Why Min Ye?

These are the questions in my mind. Now, I don’t have any reasons to pursue my dreams. Min Ye is my inspiration, but now, she’s not with me anymore, how can I continue my dreams?

I went back to our apartment since our manager told us that all of us should stay in one apartment.

“Hey, Changmin...” Jaejoong hyung called me but I went straight to my room. I saw my pictures with Min Ye, I really miss her now. I pounced on my bed and shout to release my anger. Yes, I’m a bit mad at her, I thought we’ll not keep secrets from each other.

“CHOI MIN YE…WHY???” I yelled suddenly I heard some knocks on my door.

“Changmin, what’s wrong? Are you ok?” Yunho hyung said. They walked in my room.

“Changmin, what happened?” Yoochun hyung asked me and he sat down beside me.

“Hyung, Min Ye, she left, she left me..She didn’t say anything to me that she’ll leave me…” I said and suddenly cried.

“What? Wait, they even didn’t tell me about that…” Yoochun hyung said and he looked at the other members.

“Did you call them?” Junsu hyung asked and I shook my head.

“Wait, I’ll call umma, if she knows about this…” Yoochun hyung excused himself. and went outside.

“Hyung, it hurts, why did she leave me alone here, she told me that she’ll be here by my side forever.” I told them.

“Changmin, maybe she has a reason…” Yunho hyung comforted me.

“But what is it? Why did she keep It as a secret?” I told them. That’s my point; I don’t care if she has a reason. But why did she have to keep it as a secret?

Suddenly Yoochun hyung, entered the room, he’s looking down and it seems, something is wrong…

“Yoochun, what’s wrong?” Jaejoong hyung asked. He looked at us.

“Min..Min Ye…she..she’s in America…” Yoochun hyung stuttered.

“Bwoh? Waeyo?” I suddenly asked.

“Umma, didn’t told me the reason, she said, Min Ye or Min Ye’s parents will tell us about it…” He replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

It’s almost 2 months ago when Min Ye left me, still I don’t have an idea why did she go to America. Now, we’re busy in our performances, Yes, DBSK already debut as a singer, and I’m glad that the people accept and welcome us in the entertainment world. But, I felt incomplete, because Min Ye is not here.

“Changmin…Changmin…you have a letter from Min Ye…” Yoochun hyung shouted. I quickly went to him.

“Here…” He handed me the letter, and I’m so..so..happy. I quickly went to the park where we hang-put most before. I sat down on the grass and opened the letter.

“Dear Changmin oppa,

Hi, How are you? I really miss you oppa. Sorry for not being there beside you when you debut. I’m really sorry.Oppa, you know that I love you right? I really love you. I’m glad that I met you, and I’m glad to be a part of your life. Oppa, maybe by the time you’re reading this, I’m not already in this world. Oppa, sorry, cheongmal mianhae, but the reason why I went in America is to have my operation. Oppa, I have a heart disease. Sorry for not telling you, I don’t want to be a burden in your life. Oppa, stay strong…Just remember that I’ll always love you and I’ll be there for you. I’ll be your angel. Just look at the sky and when you see the Cassiopeia by the time you’re reading this. It’s a sign that I’m there beside you. Saranghae oppa…

Love, 
Min Ye..”

I dropped the letter and looked at the sky. I saw a Cassiopeia. No…she’s…she’s not dead..No.

“ANDWE…MIN YE YOU CAN”T LEAVE ME….ANDWE….” I yelled, suddenly I felt cold breeze that wrapped on my arms. I suddenly cried.

“MIN YE..WAEYO???” I shouted again. Why, I thought we’ll see each other again. I don’t want to believe in this. She’s alive.

“CHANGMIN…” I heard the members voice. They stopped when they saw me. Yoochun hyung sat beside me and patted my shoulder.

“Changmin…” He called. I looked at him with tears on my eyes.

“Hyung, don’t tell me…this letter is true? Where’s Min Ye??” I asked him.

“Changmin…her parents just called us..and..and..” He looked down. I got what’s his meaning.

“Andwe…no..She’s not..She can’t leave me again..No…” I said and Yoochun hyung hugged me.

“Changmin…it’s ok..let it out…” He said as the other members joined in our hug.

“Changmin, stay strong, Min Ye doesn’t want to see you crying like this. I’m sure she’s watching us right now…” Jaejoong hyung said to comfort me, and I nodded.

“We’ll leave you for now, we know you want to be alone. Just go back in the apartment when you’re finally ok…” Yunho hyung said as they walked off leaving me alone again.
I looked at the stars on the sky, and I hold the necklace I’m wearing it’s the necklace I bought for the two of us.

“Min Ye, I know you’re finally resting but, my heart will always stay with you. You’re always beapart of me. You’ll always be in my heart. No one can replace you. Just wait for me Min Ye, I know we’ll see each other soon. And by that time, no one can separate us again. I love you Min Ye, I love you…”

*The END*