A YEAR WITHOUT YOU

year later

 

 

YOONA’S POV

 

My first love and my first heart break happened to be the same person. Hearing Yuri say that she does want me was the most harsh words to me. I was all alone now. Taeyeon was not here. She might be around but she was cold to me. I saw how much she was happy with Tiffany I wonder if they are together already.

 

Days passed like every second was a year. I never find the strength to go anywhere. I stayed at home particularly to my room. I never talk to anyone. All I did was to cry. Dad was busy with business and the maids had no courage to talk to me. All I have was silence. The most beautiful dream I have turned to my worst nightmare.

 

Its been two weeks that I never go to school. I can't even take a step away my bed. I never though of my grades at school. My teachers even gone here to check what’s happening to me but I never face them. There are letters but I never read them. It was all from my school. I don't mind eating as well. I just eat five spoonful then I’ll say that I'm full.

 

It was another day for me to feel that I'm alone. The sunlight never have a chance to hit me because my curtains are there. My room was full of darkness and coldness. It was until someone knocked on my door.

 

“Yoona…please open the door…let’s talk…” there was three consective knock on the door. I jumped out of my bed and opened my door.

 

“Taeng!” I shouted and hug her. she broke the hug and pointed that someone is with her. It was Tiffany. We sat on the couch and it was the first time I come out of my room.

 

“Yoona, this is Tiffany my girlfriend” she hold the hand of Tiffany and Tiffany smiled at me.

 

“nice meeting you Tiffany. Please take care of Taeng for me” she nodded and release Taeng’s hand. She hold both of my hands.

 

“I promise you that, if you would do it to yourself too.” She smiled at me. I nodded and I hug her.

 

“Yah! Yoona, Tiffany is mine!” I broke the hug and Tiffany laughed at Taeng.

 

“Taeng don't be so childish”

 

“You two are really going well.” I smiled and lowered my head.

 

“Yoona I came here to tell you something. Please go back to school and graduate with me.” I looked at Taeng who turned to be so serious.

 

“Taeng you know what happened right. I can't…” tears came running out from my eyes.

 

“Yoona its not you. You are strong and full of courage. Please don't ruin you life just because of her. you don't deserve this.” Taeng hugged me and I continued to cry.

 

“Yoona don't mind her. You got me and Taeyeon behind you. Lets reach our dreams. Prove them that you are the best.” Tiffany hugged me too. I felt loved and comfort with them.

 

“I prove them that they are wrong for hurting me” I said with courage.

 

I slept early last night because Tiffany sang for me. I was dreaming of how I would be after I graduated. I will be the best and that’s for sure. I’ll smile everyday with Tiff and Taeng. My dream was slighty disturb by the sunlight. It was bright that I wake up. I jump out of my bed and get myself ready for school. I go down to the dining table and was surprise of what I see.

 

“Good morning Yoon!” Tiffany said lively and hugged me.

 

“Good morning Tiff but I can't breathe” she release me and laugh.

 

“Hey the two of you lets eat or we will be late.” Taeyeon was holding a plate of pancakes.

 

“Yes maam!” Tiff and I chorused. We chat about the previous lessons. I felt happy because of them.

 

We go to school I sit next to Tiff and Taeyeon. We got a new sitting arrangement. Yuri and Sica were still on their old seats.i can feel pain with everytime I saw them but I was automatically comforted by Tiff. In addition, Taeyeon was jealous of how Tiff cares for me and everytime I saw her I just laugh. Only the three of us knows that they are together.

 

After two months, Tiff and Taeyeon decided to stay with me in our mansion. We become close to one another. In just a few months we will be having our final test. Every night we review together. Well, we review seriously for an hour and most of the time we just play with one another. I can still remember that we’ve  gone to Taeyon’s gradmother’s house. I also visited our old house. We even watched meteor shower on a beach and there was a bonfire. I am constantly going to school and I dont know why but I can't stop looking at Yuri. She seems happy with Sica and that makes me happy too.

 

Here goes the final exam. I don't know why but while I was answering the exam, I was laughing. I remember those moments when Taeyeon would scold me and Tiff for playing too much. It makes the exam easy. I finished the exam a few minutes before the time. There was a scratch paper for math solutions and I used only one side of it. the other side was clean. I get my pencil and draw something on it. it was a beach house with large windows. It was white and the sunlight can easily pass through it. THIS WAS THE HOUSE I WAS SUPPOSED TO BUILT WITH MY FIRST LOVE.

 

I wake up early today because the results would come out today. I was excited that I drag Tiff and Taeyeon to school. Well as expected we passed the test. After a few weeks of preparation, we already graduated. We took a vacation to Jeju for celebration. The whole day was happy but I never expected a greater surprise.

 

“Yoona my princess!” I turned to find that familiar voice.

 

“appa!” I run and hug my dad.

 

“Princess I have a gift for you” he broke the hug and I looked at him.

 

“What is it appa?”

 

“You are going to be the new manager of the design team of our company.” He smiled at me and I hugged him and cried.

 

“Thanks appa”

 

I started to work there after the vacation. Tiff and Taeng have their own places now but they are still together. We still got communication and we even celebrated their first year together. I never thought that it have been a year. It was like yesterday I just broke my heart over Yuri but looking at me now. I am happy with my life. Actually with my employees too. They are all kind and they are all fun to be with.

 

A week ago, I got a new apartment. Well I can still stay at the mansion but I usually get into huge traffic. The place I got was honestly five minutes away from the company. Sometimes I just found myself walking with my employees home. I don't have work today because I totally vacant this today for someone special. I was walking on the streets while talking with someone on the phone.

 

“Yoona!”

 

 

 

YURI’S POV

 

 

I was walking around the streets to familarize myself to the new place I live in. I found a job on a company and I need to start tomorrow. I was looking around the place when I saw someone I know. She was walking fast while talking with someone on the phone. I can't be wrong. I run and chase her. the moment I was close to her I saw that the stoplight turned green and I can tell that she didn’t notice it.

 

“Yoona!” I grab her hand and drag her close to me. I MISS YOU. I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU. I’VE BEEN LOST FOR THE YEAR THAT JUST PASS. I REALIZE THAT IT WAS YOU ALL THIS TIME. THE ONE I REALLY LOVE WAS YOU.

 

(FLASHBACK)

 

I was happy to be with Sica. She was sweet and kind. She was always there for me. We stay at their house most of the time. We just chat about how our days passed. Sometimes we go to out to watch movies but all it turned out was Sica would go shopping. I was always the one to bring all the shopping bags for her.

 

Today was our 100th day celebration and it was totally a few weeks after I was supposed to celebrate the same occasion with Yoona. I prepared a surprise for her. I reserved a small garden where we can have a romantic dinner. I spend all of my free time just to decorate the whole place. I called her and told her that we will be having a dinner. She was excited and I pick her up from their house. I covered her eyes with my hands and guide her until we got to the garden. I slowly remove my hands and she was really surprised.

 

“Yah! So sweet Yuri!” she hug me.

 

“its all for my one and only princess.” I broke the hug and kiss her forehead.

 

“Come on let’s eat” I helped her to sit down and we eat together.

 

It was a perfect night. We danced under the light of the moon. It was the most romantic thing I’ve done with all my life. I love Sica and I can feel that she was feeling the same for me. She was tired after the celebration that she slept on my shoulders. After a few hours, we decided to go home. We need to rest because we got classes tomorrow.

 

The last few weeks was fine. I feel happy but today. It all changed because someone come to scene. A person who seems to be more happier. She was smiling like nothing happened. I can't stop myself from looking at her. she seems happy but I can feel something wrong about me. I want to be with her.

 

Sica always ask me out and I just go with her. she cooks for me and I always praise her cooking skill. She always stick with me. There are times when I get tired of her.

 

“Yuri lets eat at that restaurant today.” She was in front of me.

 

“Yuri…please lets eat there.” She was now hugging me.

 

“Sica, this is a public place. Don't make any scene in here.” I broke her hug and walked towards the restaurant. I was at the door of the restaurant when I realize that she is not following me. I turned to look at her.

 

“Hey I thought you want to eat. Go here fast.” She then run to me.

 

“after that, I’ll bring you to your house. I'm tired and I need to rest.” I told her. she was almost crying at that moment. I brought her to their house after we ate.

 

“Yuri…are you angry at me?” she ask me.

 

“no…just go inside your house and rest. We got classes tomorrow.”

 

“bye Yuri…I love you”

 

“bye.” Then I go home and get myself ready for bed.

 

I was really not in the mood to be with her. I'm worrying if Yoona got home safe from school. That topic drives me crazy. I wonder what is she doing right now. YOONA, ARE YOU SLEEPING? ARE YOU THINKING OF ME?

 

The next days, I become busy following Yoona around the school and securing that she goes home safe. I can feel great pain to see that Taeyeon stays with her. I can't think of anything but her. I don't usually go to the library but I started to go there because Yoona goes there to review. I watch her serious expression.

 

She was at the gym today. She was cheering Taeyeon who was playing tennis. She was sitting next to another girl who always go with her. that girl was seriously wiping Yoona’s sweat. Taeyeon was jealous seeing it. Yoona and Taeyeon might be together now. They always together and even stays at the same house.

 

The final exam came today and I saw Yoona smiling while taking the exam. She’s smart and I know it. I finished the exam a minute before the time. I looked back at Yoona. She was drawing something and I wonder what it was. After a few days, I looked at the results and I passed but Sica almost failed the exam good thing she still passed.

 

After a few day, I got a call. It was Sica. She doesn’t show herself in school. She told me to go to the most special place for us. I go to the most special place for us. I waited for her but she didt come. I decided to go home and I was surprised to she Sica waiting for me outside our house.

 

“What are you doing here? You should go inside.” I told her.

 

“Yuri-ah…where did you go?” she was asking me and I can feel that she was already crying.

 

“What question is that? I’ve waited for you but you didn’t come.” I told her and I'm angry right now.

 

“I'm asking you where did you go?” she looked at me  and she was crying hard.

 

“park…I go to the park…”

 

“is that our special place?”

 

“Yes ofcourse. How can I forget that?”

 

“do you really love me?” she stand up to face me.

 

“What kind of question was that Sica? I waited for you but come and now you’re angry at me! I tired of this!” I shouted at her and she slapped me.

 

“I waited for you at the restaurant where we celebrated our 100th day…Yuri if you’re tired and how do you think I'm feeling right now?...all things I did was to love you…” she was crying hard. SHE WAS RIGHT. THAT WAS TOTALLY THE PLACE THAT WAS SPECIAL FOR BOTH OF US.

 

“I'm sorry Sica.” I was trying to comfort her but she pushed me away.

 

“Yuri…” she was not letting me get near her.

 

“Sica I'm sorry…I need you…please don't leave me”

 

“I'm not the one that you need…Yuri…all this time…I'm not the one you need…you might be next to me but your heart and mind wasn’t mine…you never love me…it was always Yoona that you need…I'm sorry Yuri but I'm not Yoona !” she crying harder then she run away.

 

I don't have any strength to follow her. she was right. That park was not our special place. It was Yoona’s special place. COULD IT BE THAT I NEVER LOVE SICA?

 

Days passed and Sica was not going to any of the practice. Yoona was always with Taeyeon. She seems so happy. Its like she was having the most precious moments with her. the graduation day came so pass but still I got one thing in mind. I MISS YOU SO MUCH YOONA.

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

 

I was holding her tight but she released from it she looked at me.  Her face, I really missed it. I want to be with you again. I hugged her again but she pushed me away.

 

“What’s wrong with you!” she shouted at me. She was about to turn away but I stop her.

 

“Yoona…” she never looked at me.

 

“Stop calling my name. I don't know you!” those words hit me directly to my heart.

 

“Let me explain…Please listen to me…”

 

“Why should I do that? Did you ever care for me?” she was trying to take my hand away from her hand.

 

“ Yoona I know that I hurted you before but…please listen to me”

 

“I don't like to do that and I'm busy…please let me go…”

 

“I won't let you go”

 

“You’ve done that before so you already did that”

 

“Yes I’ve done that before but I won't let you go this time.”

 

“I suffered a lot from you before and that’s enough!” she finally freed her hand from my grip.

 

“I don't want to see you again! Do you understand!” she turned away from me but I hugged her from the back.

 

“But Yoona, I want you to love me again…and…” I hugged her tighter. I PROMISE NOT TO LET YOU GO AWAY FROM ME AGAIN.

 

“ and I can't live another year without you…”

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Here's another update....

Hope you enjoy it...

Leave some comments please....

Thank you for reading....

 

This chapter was the begining of the story....enjoy!!