Six Hours

I Know Simply That The Sky Will Last Longer Than I - (25 Lives FicFest)

Here it is, after almost 3 years. For those who are still waiting, thank you and I'm sorry for the long wait. This is one if my most cherished babies and I hope that you will enjoy reading this :) 

- thenamelesshero


 

 

 

Six Hours

 

“You were expecting me.” He spoke, it sounded more like a mere observation than a question. “You knew I was coming.”

There was this air of…superiority and peril around the man, each step he took seemed to be thoroughly and meticulously calculated and it intrigued Seunghyun to no end as he stared at him from where he sat on the leather loveseat on the other side of the room. He crossed his legs and watched as the man moved around the room with grace, eyes darting and flickering here and there in observation of his surroundings. His lips seemed to be permanently fixed into a scarce smile, one that would bring chills to the bone.

“Because of the card?” Seunghyun asked and smiled as the other man stopped in his tracks to look at him, eyebrows raised. “Why warn your targets?”

The wide smile that curled the assassin’s lips was almost cruel as dark orbs seemed to blaze with manic excitement. “I’d like to think that I’ve given my prey a chance before I hunt.”

“A chance to run?”

“I guess.” He shrugged, the grin had disappeared as quick as it had appeared and he found comfort leaning against the mahogany desk. Picking up the card from the edge of the table where Seunghyun had left it a while ago, he twirled it along his fingers with ease. “But I find them in the end anyway.”

“And all of them run?” Seunghyun murmured against the rim of the glass as he took a sip of his whisky, on the rocks. The ice clinked against the glass as he tilted it.

“All but you.” He uttered those three words in a sing-song voice, eyes meeting his.

With a flick of his gloved fingers, the card was sent flying as it hit the wall before lifelessly falling onto the carpet. He approached his target, his movements seemed almost inhuman and Seunghyun had never witnessed someone carry themselves with such panache and lordliness and still look seductive and dangerous at the same time. The man’s eyes never left his as he lowered himself onto the leather seat next to him. “You’re not afraid?” He seemed truly curious.

“You’re not killing me.” Seunghyun said. “Yet.”

“Yet.” The assassin seemed pleased with his choice of words, his leather clad fingers toyed around with the hem of his jacket.

“So you always take your time with your prey like this?”

“I do, in other ways.” He shook his head, resting his elbow on his knee and his chin atop his palm. “But not like this, you’re special.”

Seunghyun didn’t miss the hint in his voice and he definitely did not miss the glint in those dark eyes. He smiled. “Should I be flattered?”

“Oh, you should.” The other man drawled, this was getting interesting. “You amuse me.”

“How so?”

“You knew I was coming, yet you didn’t run.” He commented. “Is there a reason?”

“I don’t think I have a definite answer myself.” Seunghyun admitted.

The hitman seemed unfazed, dark eyes boring into his. “Enlighten me.”

“It’s all a twisted play of fate, really. This exact date every year I would stay here, by myself, drink and wait till the sun comes up. I didn’t have a reason to do it before, it was just one of those things that happened and got stuck. I never really knew why until tonight.”

He didn’t say anything, the silence encouraged him to go on. “Mark.” The red haired man murmured.

“My real name’s Seunghyun.” He corrected.

The other man cocked an eyebrow at him. “Seunghyun? Seunghyun.” He drawled his name slowly, the syllables rolling off his tongue in the most seductive and beautiful way possible.

Seunghyun nodded. “What can I address my executioner?”

“People call me Draco.”

“Latin for dragon.” Seunghyun nodded.

He simply shrugged and leaned closer. “Do you know who ordered your death sentence?”

“Does it matter?” Seunghyun laughed and emptied the contents of his drink before setting it down on the end table beside him.

“No.” The answer was curt and lighthearted. “But do continue enlightening me.”

“I’m not certain if you’ll believe what I say.”

A smirk tugged at his lips as he replied. “Oh I believe in a lot of things. Try me.”

“Today was the day I lost you, in my past life.” He didn’t even care to gauge his expression for a response; if he was to die by his hand tonight then Seunghyun didn’t see a reason in which he should care if he believed him or not. Afterall, he wasn’t even sure if he believed himself.

Draco just hummed in response.

“The irony.” Seunghyun smiled to himself, his heart feeling less heavy, maybe it was the alcohol.

He moved closer, one hand touched his thigh while the other reached up to touch the side of his cheek. The assassin brushed his thumb over the dimple that bracketed his lips, the touch was tender, loving even and Seunghyun allowed him when he lifted his other hand to do the same with the other side of his cheek.

And then in one swift movement Draco was straddling him, wild dark eyes boring into his. “When’s my deadline?” His breath fanned his face as he brought his face closer.

Seunghyun glanced at the clock on the wall before encircling the man’s slim waist with his arms. “You have six hours.”

With a satisfied purr the assassin closed the distance with his lips pressed onto his. Seunghyun kissed him back, mouth opening for the other man to gain access as his tongue darted out and explored the hot cavern of Seunghyun’s mouth in a hunger that reflected his own. Seunghyun’s hands went up and cupped Draco’s face with one hand and the other fisted his hair, he tugged at his hair when the man grinded his hips and pressed his hardness against his own, earning a growl from the hitman and he repeated the same action only this time it was punishingly slow. It was a fight for dominance and neither of them was willing to back down; it only fueled the passion and lust that filled the air between them.

Then Seunghyun was standing, lifting the man in his arms while he wrapped his legs around his waist and busied his mouth with nibbling and biting on the skin along his jaw and neck. He was driving Seunghyun insane as he tried to maneuver themselves to the next room that was connected to the office. The red haired man’s lips found his again and he slammed his body against the wooden door, rolling his hips against his before his hand found the knob and turned. Draco moaned, the sound muffled by colliding lips and dancing tongues.

Seunghyun set him on the bed before crawling on top and continued to kiss him. Draco’s hands were yanking at his shirt, gloved fingers demanding access to his skin. He caught his hands and he felt the other man hesitate against his lips, he let go of his hands to his own shirt while hands were already tugging at his belt and removing it.

Soon he was in nothing but his boxers and he brought the man up to a sitting position as he straddled him this time. He removed his coat, and Draco was willingly helping him as they stripped him of his clothing, piece by piece.

“Seunghyun.” Jiyong whispered between kisses. “Seunghyun.”

He never liked his name until he found out what it tasted like when he sighed it into his mouth.

 

“Mmmmm.” He whined, voice muffles by the pillow over his face. “It’s hot. I’m hot.”

Flipping another page of a random old issue of Harpers Bazzar, the brunette only hummed while he tossed around beside him. Not satisfied with the lack of response he received from his lover, he grabbed the extra pillow from his face and flung it across the room, letting it land on the carpeted floor with a soft thud. He sat up and faced the him, furrowed brows and intense eyes staring at the half- man in front of him.

“Babe.” He stressed again. “I’m hot.”

The brunette looked up, soft brown eyes observing the ash blonde tousled bed hair, sharp jawline, toned arms and bare chest.

His lover smirked. “I know.”

The man groaned and flopped onto the bed, his back facing the ceiling. He nuzzled his face into the pillow, sighing and groaning like a child..

“We can check into a hotel if you want air-conditioning for the meantime.” The other man offered. “We don’t have to stay here, you know. We can move in here during autumn when Paris isn’t as hot.”

He shook his head. “But this is the place. This is our escape.” The other man turned his face to the side to stare up at him. “I like this place, and so do you.”

That was true, it was him who spotted this small apartment bed and breakfast style rental on the ad page. The man smiled. “True.”

He reached out and closed the magazine before pushing it away from the brunette’s hands. He gave him a questioning look but he only grinned at him and closed his eyes. He lowered himself so that he was lying on his back, he placed his hands over his stomach and gazed at the classic floral patterns on the ceiling.

Only a few minutes of silence passed before he stirred again, kicking away the sheets and groaning. It’s always been his thing – his absolute intolerance for heat.  rolled to his side, and slowly, gently trailed his fingertip along the length of Seunghyun’s arm, he watched as his muscles tensed in response but the blonde did not move, his eyes remained shut and his breathing steady.

“I want ice-cream.” He groaned.

“We’ll go out and get ice-cream.”He leaned closer and continued to draw patterns and lines, this time moving to his back. His eyes flickering back and forth from the man’s back to his face and just when he was about to move to the devilishly tempting dip of his back, the blonde’s eyes opened and the next second he found himself lying flat on his back with his lover hovering over him. The smirk that curved the blonde’s lips was almost enough to make him quiver with want. He met his eyes, soft smile on his lips.

“And what exactly are you doing?” The man asked, eyes never leaving his.

“I can ask you the same.” The other retorted.

“Well,” He began, lifting his hand and placing it at the side of the blonde’s face before moving it downwards, curling his palm against his jaw where it clenched against his touch, to the side of his neck and finally stopped on his chest right above his heart. “I was trying to distract you from the heat.”

“Are you sure it’s working?” He drawled the question in a lower tone.

“I don’t know, is it?”

His face moved closer to his, he could feel his hot breath fanning his neck and his toes curled beneath the sheets. Which was when the brunette noticed; he broke his gaze for a moment and hastily shuffled his feet so that the sheets were discarded beside them. “I can get used to this.”

The brunette lifted his head and brought their lips together. He pressed his body further to his, and with a shift of his hips that left the brunette gasping in surprise and breaking the kiss. He moved his lips to the side of his neck, smirking as he kissed his way downwards, nibbling here and there at the soft skin covering his collarbone. Another roll of his lip and the other man was a , gasping wanton mess underneath him.

“Babe.” The brunette groaned, his fingers uncontrollably clawing their way to the back of his neck, pulling him even closer. “Babe, I – ” His wanton plead was cut off when he felt the cold air rush into the sudden space between their bodies. He gasped and tried to pull himself closer. “Oh god.” He choked, his breath hitching in his throat when long, warm fingers teasing hooked themselves through the elastic of his boxers.

“My dear, if only we can do this every morning.” The blonde’s lips were back, busying themselves by planting kissed right under his left earlobe – another thing to send the man over the edge.

“We – we can.” He rasped.

“Correct answer.” He murmured against his skin and palmed the him through the thin fabric of his boxers, not even sparing him time to fill his lungs.

 

Seunghyun opened his eyes and found the man splayed across his chest, both of their bodies well spent and slick with sweat.

“How long do I have left?” Draco asked, his breathing still uneven.

“Three hours or so.” Seunghyun’s fingers played with the ends of red strands.

Are you afraid?” He asked again.

“No.”

“Mmmmm.” He hummed and pressed himself closer to his body. “What happened here?” He asked as he trailed a finger across the scar on Seunghyun’s left arm.

“Battle scar.” Seunghyun murmured against his hair, inhaling the scent and letting it fill his lungs.

There was a comfortable silence before the man spoke. “We can run. You can come with me.”

Willing his eyes not to water, Seunghyun rolled them over until he was hovering above his hunter. He caressed his face and let his gaze roam the man’s neck, his collarbones and his chest. “What happened here?” Seunghyun echoed Draco’s question, pointing at the three scars and marks that marred the pale skin at his chest.

He assassin smirked. “Battle scars.”

Seunghyun smiled again, and the man reached up to touch his face, fingers ghosting over the indentations of his dimples. He relished in the feeling of his touch before opening his eyes to gaze at him, wild dark eyes held the same menace but at the same time he found fondness swimming in depths of black as they stared back, smile playing on his lips and fiery red hair tousled and sweat slicked.

“You look magnificent.” Seunghyun murmured while dipping down to steal a kiss.

When he lifted his face to look at him, Draco’s smile slipped and he was staring back with a serious expression on his face. He didn’t say anything for a while.

But then he did.

Come with me.” It came in a soft whisper, a desperate whisper and it almost broke his heart. Seunghyun saw the cracks on the hunter’s steel will and it won’t be long before the deed has to be done.

“My beautiful dragon.”  He brushed away stray strands from the man’s face lovingly. “I can’t run, not this time.”

“Why?”

“We’ve already done that before.” Seunghyun laid back down and pulled him against his chest. “In another lifetime.”

“Where did we go?”

Paris.

Draco smiled against his skin.

“Do you remember everything?” The red haired man asked.

“No, only some.”

He hummed.

And they stayed like that for the next two and a half hours, only less than half an hour before dawn. Seunghyun sat up and buried his face in his hands, inhaling and then exhaling before turning his head to look at the man beside him.

Knowing dark eyes met his. It’s time.

They got dressed in silence, and when the assassin reached into his pocket Seunghyun was already sitting at the edge of the bed, waiting and gazing at him expectantly. He saw the war going on inside the man’s head reflected in his eyes and opened his arms for him. With small steps he walked towards him until his knees came in contact with the edge as he stood between Seunghyun’s legs.

Removing his hand from his pocket, he took off his gloves and threw it onto the bed. It was barely a whisper when his hands cupped the man’s face, bringing it closer to his as he bent down. “Is it mad to fall in love with someone in less than six hours?”

He was breaking his heart, but Seunghyun didn’t let it show. Instead, he smiled. “If it is, then we’re both mad.”

And he watched as the man’s face crumpled and a tear rolled down his cheek.

“Don’t cry, my dragon.” He murmured and wiped away the moisture from his cheek. “Tell me your name.”

“Jiyong.” It came out as a choked sob.

Jiyong.” Seunghyun smiled.

Say it again.” Jiyong groaned, he leaned closer until they were sharing their breaths. “Say my name again.”

“Jiyong.” Seunghyun pressed a kiss to his lips.

“Jiyong.” And another.

“Jiyong, my Jiyong.” And another.

“Jiyong.” Seunghyun reached for the gloved on the bed behind him.

When he pulled away, he could see the shock on Jiyong’s face as he took the hand at his face just to place the gloves in his hold. “Seunghyun.

It’s time, Jiyong.”

“But why?”

“Because.” Seunghyun took the gloves and guided Jiyong’s hands into them before enveloping them in his own. “It’s the way it’s supposed to be. Someone sent you for me, and this happened. I’ve done my fair share of unspeakable things in this lifetime, and there is no way out in this line of work. You know that. It’s only a matter of time before this happens and if my life is what it costs to have six hours of happiness with you in my arms, then I’d say it’s a pretty great deal.”

It’ll be fast.” Jiyong murmured as he reached into his pocket. “It’ll be quick and you won’t feel a thing.”

“I know.” He responded with a smile.

The hitman pulled out a gun, and Seunghyun reached for his hand and guided it to his chest, right above his beating heart. He met his eyes, and as if Jiyong saw the resolve in his eyes, he nodded and placed his finger at the trigger and the end of the barrel came in contact with his chest. “Close your eyes, Seunghyun.”

Seunghyun did as he was told.

Goodbye, my beautiful Jiyong.”

Seunghyun felt a hand at the back of his neck, both supporting him and holding him in place as Jiyong tilted his head to seal his lips with his, one last kiss.

I’m sorry.” Jiyong whispered against his lips and then he pulled the trigger. He closed his eyes as he felt the gentle exhalation of Seunghyun’s last breath as it left his lips.