Chapter Five - Final

Silence & Love

Word in italic – important facts or hints of the story and the thoughts of characters.

Words in italic and in bold – what Myungsoo writes in the notebook

Words in bold – the other person the mobile phone or message (in the mobile phone too).

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Good morning!" the nurse said, entering in Myungsoo’s room and he smiled a bit "How are you today?"

Myungsoo showed a paper with the answer to the nurse and she smiled. The nurse turned around and left the room, probably to go get Myungsoo’s breakfast and he looked at the chair, which was right next to him. Myungsoo frowned.

Sunggyu wasn’t in the room? Where was he?

Myungsoo was accustomed to waking up with Sunggyu sitting in the chair and when the younger looked at him, he would smile a bit, but as always, Myungsoo did nothing, just looked at everywhere except him.

Myungsoo had to admit that he even enjoyed the older’s company, though. Sunggyu made him feel comfortable, he always talked, even though Myungsoo didn’t look at him, Sunggyu was still trying to talk to him, however, the younger never tried to communicate with him.

Myungsoo could say that it was because he blamed the older, because now he couldn’t speak and it was his fault….no, that wasn’t the reason because that would be a lie and Myungsoo never blamed the older, it was his decision to go and help Sunggyu, so he could never blame the older, it was an accident, it wasn’t his fault.

The real reason why Myungsoo just ignored the older (and Sungyeol too, well... at least he looked at Sungyeol, but, although he didn’t look at Sunggyu, he heard what he said and sometimes even answered to his questions mentally) was because he still couldn’t accept the fact that he could never again speak or sing, he still couldn’t accept the fact that he could never talk to people, especially with Sungyeol, they always had great conversations, he always talked about his problems with his best friend and now he had to write in a paper or make gestures - it was so frustrating, so unfair.

Why did he have to lose his voice? He just wanted to help Sunggyu, he wanted to save him. He shouldn’t have done that? This was a sign that he shouldn’t have gone after the older and help him escape? It was a sign that he shouldn’t interfere in other’s lives?

Yes, it was true, no one should interfere in other’s lives but in this case he wasn’t interfering in someone's life, he wanted to help someone who was being kidnaped, even though he didn’t know why he did that, it didn’t matter because any person, who was in Myungsoo’s position would do the same, right? Anyone who saw someone being kidnapped would help. Maybe they wouldn’t do the same he did, but would call the police and report what was happening.

Myungsoo sighed and pulled the sheets further up, covering his shoulders. He felt tired, these days he was in hospital, he wasn’t able to sleep very well, he could only sleep a few hours.

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. - He fell asleep again.

▬ - ▬

"Good morning! Can I talk with Mr. Lee Jong Yeop?" someone asked and the secretary, looked at the man, who smiled slightly at her.

"Can you tell me name, please?" The secretary said, despite knowing who he was. It was her work.

"Kim Sunggyu. He is waiting for me." Sunggyu said and the secretary stood up, entering in her boss’s office

Sunggyu looked around and smiled a bit. The CEO of Woollim was a good person, he would miss talking with him, but he had already made his decision, the difficult part would be to tell his father.

Dongwoo was waiting for him, in the car. They talked for an hour and Sunggyu asked his older brother to accompany him and Dongwoo nodded, showing that he would support him till the end.

*Flashback*

"Are you sure you wanna do this? You won’t regret? "Dongwoo asked Sunggyu before he left the car

"I'm sure. I'll be back, hyung." Sunggyu said and left the car

And here he was, ready to talk to his boss, to tell him that he was grateful for all his support and for having invested so much in him and he would tell his decision.

However, Sunggyu was a little nervous because he didn’t know how his boss would react but he was sure that he wouldn’t react worse than his father.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated and Sunggyu picked it up, seeing that it has a message.

From: Unknown Number

Hello! It's Sungyeol. What time are you coming to the hospital? Sungjong asked me to go pick him up from school and in that way, I can get some notes from the classes that I missed.

To: Sungyeol

I’ll be at the hospital within 30 minutes.

From: Sungyeol

Ok! Oh! And…Myungsoo asked me where you were.

Once Sunggyu read the last sentence of Sungyeol’s message, his heart beat stronger and he smiled.

"He misses me?" Sunggyu mumbled and a few seconds later the secretary left the office of his boss, telling him to go. Sunggyu smiled a bit and walked towards the door of the office.

▬ - ▬

When Sungyeol reached the hospital, the nurse said that Myungsoo was still asleep, which was strange but the nurse said he could come in and wait for him to wake up. Sungyeol smiled and went to the room, where his best friend was.

Myungsoo looked so peaceful in his sleep, his face was so beautiful but what Sungyeol liked the most in Myungsoo’s face was his lips, he wanted to kiss that lips but he knew Myungsoo didn’t feel the same for him, so he decided he would forget those feelings, he would look at Myungsoo like a best friend does, however, he wouldn’t stop protecting the younger and he wouldn’t stop comforting him, he wouldn’t let anyone take Myungsoo away from him. - Myungsoo was his best friend and nobody else.

Sungyeol was looking at the window, when suddenly he heard something move. He looked at the bed and saw that Myungsoo was waking up. The younger rubbed his eyes.

"So cute." Sungyeol said, smiling

The younger took his pillow and threw it to the older, who laughed. Myungsoo hated that people called him cute, he always said "I am a man, men aren’t cute" but Sungyeol thought Myungsoo was so cute, especially when he awoke.

Sungyeol saw Myungsoo looking at the chair and then to the door.

He is waiting for Sunggyu. Sungyeol thought, a bit sad.

Sungyeol was right because then Myungsoo asked Sungyeol where was Sunggyu and Sungyeol said he would send him a message and then he would tell him and Myungsoo nodded, smiling.

Sungyeol sat in the chair next to Myungsoo and helped him eat his breakfast, sometimes stealing pieces of bread and the younger would hit him lightly, making Sungyeol laugh.

I missed these moments. Sungyeol and Myungsoo thought, at the same time.

▬ - ▬

"I'm back!" Sunggyu said and Dongwoo looked at him

"Oh! What happened?" Dongwoo asked, looking at his younger brother

"He said he was sorry and he didn’t like the idea of ​​me giving up of my career but he accepted my decision. And he said that if I needed anything to call him." Sunggyu said, smiling,

"That's good!" Dongwoo said, happy to see his younger brother more excited "Well... now when you plan to tell father?"

"Tonight. It’s better if I tell him today because maybe they’ll announce tomorrow and it’s better if I tell him before the news are revealed." Sunggyu replied

"If you need anything, tell me." Dongwoo said and Sunggyu nodded "I'll take you to the hospital."

"Thank you!" Sunggyu said and Dongwoo started the engine of the car

▬ - ▬

Once Sunggyu arrived Myungsoo 's room, Sungyeol said he would pick Sungjong up from school and then they would wait for them at home.

"So, ready to go home?" Sunggyu asked, smiling at the younger, who nodded "I'll talk with the nurse and ask when we can leave."

Myungsoo nodded and Sunggyu smiled, leaving the room then.

Myungsoo was happy, he lost his voice but he had people who cared about him, who wanted to help him and that would help him surpass all this pain. He'd fight for a better future and he would make his parents proud, as he always wanted.

▬ - ▬

"Sungyeol hyung!" Sungjong called and Sungyeol turned around and saw the younger running.

"Finally!" Sungyeol muttered "We have to hurry. Sunggyu said he had ordered everything, now we have to prepare everything before Myungsoo and Sunggyu arrive."

"Okay, okay! Hoya hyung and Dongwoo hyung will come too, right?" Sungjong asked as they started walking towards the bus stop

"Yes, of course!" Sungyeol replied "And you talked to your parents?"

"Yes. They said they couldn’t get an earlier flight so they can only come tomorrow but they sent me a video." Sungjong said, a bit sad "When I was with Myungsoo hyung, he didn’t ask for them. I’m afraid that he’s mad at them."

"I don’t know. But why don’t you ask him?" Sungyeol suggested and Sungjong nodded

▬ - ▬

Myungsoo and Sunggyu were leaving the hospital. Sunggyu was carrying a suitcase with the clothes that Sungyeol had brought to Myungsoo and despite the younger have tried to carry the suitcase, the older, being stubborn, took the suitcase from his hands and said he would carry it.

They got into the car and Sunggyu smiled at the younger, who smiled at him.

My new life begins now. Myungsoo thought, looking at the window

▬ - ▬

"SURPRISE!"

Myungsoo looked at his friends, surprised. He wasn’t waiting for any of this. Sungjong was the first to approach Myungsoo and hugged his older brother, who also hugged him, then Sungyeol, Dongwoo and finally Hoya. Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu and saw the older was smiling sweetly at him.

It’s beautiful, his smile. Myungsoo thought and smiled slightly.

After accepting Sunggyu’s help, Myungsoo looked more and more at the older: your smile, his habit of chewing well the food and then swallow it, the way he has his hands together in his lap, when he speaks, he makes gestures with his hands, at the same time, etc…

Myungsoo was interested, Sunggyu was interesting.

Sungjong grabbed his hand and pulled him to the middle of the room, where was a table with a cake that with "Welcome home" printed on it and also had a few drinks. At the end of table, there was three gifts. Myungsoo looked at Sungjong and hugged him. Sungjong knew his brother was grateful for all this and he was so happy to see his brother smiling again, he missed seeing that smile.

"So, let’s eat the cake?" Sungyeol said, breaking the ice

He approached the table and the others followed, making a circle around the table.

An hour later...

Dongwoo announced he had to leave because he had something to do and Hoya said he was going with him.

"Dongwoo hyung, you will come with me tonight, right?" Sunggyu asked and Dongwoo nodded

"You know each other?" Sungjong asked curiously

"Hm...he is my younger brother." Dongwoo said, rubbing the back of his neck

Sungjong accompanied Dongwoo and Hoya to the door and returned to the couch, sitting next to Sungyeol. They were silent for a few minutes until Sungjong stood up abruptly.

 

"We forgot the gifts." Sungjong said, running to the table

The youngest of the four boys took the gifts and gave them to Myungsoo, who looked at them. Sunggyu and Sungyeol smiled.

This first gift was from Hoya and Dongwoo and it was an black mp3. On the back was written "To break the silence”. Myungsoo laughed a bit. He liked!

The second gift was from Sungjong and Sungyeol and it was a small notebook with several post-its and it came with several pens.

"You like it?" Sungjong asked, anxious and Myungsoo nodded, hugging him

Myungsoo grabbed a pen and opened the notebook, writing something and then showed it to his younger brother.

I love it! My favorite gift (:

"Yay! See hyung, I said he'd like.” Sungjong said and Sungyeol and Sunggyu laughed at the attitude of the younger

The last gift was from Sunggyu. Myungsoo didn’t know why, but he was a bit nervous. What did the older bought for him?

He carefully opened the gift and was surprised to see a big notebook, and in front was written "I would give everything to you, even my voice…because it’s you." The first thing that he noticed was that this wasn’t printed, the phrase was written by him, by Sunggyu.

Myungsoo stared incredulously to Sunggyu and older smiled sweetly at him.

This is my favorite gift. Myungsoo thought and looked back at the notebook, smiling.

▬ - ▬

3 days later....

"Where you're staying?" Dongwoo asked, helping Sunggyu to pack his things in boxes

"I don’t know." Sunggyu replied, sighing

3 days ago, Sunggyu and Dongwoo, as arranged, went to their parent’s house.

Their mother, when she saw Dongwoo, hugged him but his father ignored his presence. The truth is that their father didn’t accept his relationship with Hoya but that didn’t affect Dongwoo so he left and went to live with Hoya.

Sunggyu told his father he would give up of his career and his father reacted the way Sunggyu expected. He said he never wanted to see them and he said he was very disappointed with them. Their father was never an easy person and he always wanted everything in his way but neither of them was willing to give up of their way of living because of him. Sunggyu went to his room and took everything that was his, leaving his parents' home then, without looking back.

And now here they were, in the house that Woollim had rented to Sunggyu. He was packing his things, preparing to leave the house.

"Hm....you know, if you want you can stay at my house." Dongwoo suggested

"It’s better not. Moreover now you live with your boyfriend, I don’t want to bother." Sunggyu said, rejecting Dongwoo’s offer

"You wouldn’t bother us, I would be very pleased if you were to live with me. I'm sure that Hoya thinks the same." Dongwoo said, smiling

"I don’t know." Sunggyu said, still undecided

"If you want, you can stay with us, hyung." Sungjong suggested, entering in the room where the two brothers were

"What...what you're doing here Sungjong? And how did you enter in my house?" Sunggyu asked and the younger laughed

"Myungsoo hyung asked me to give you this. You forgot this in our home." Sungjong said "And the front door was open."

"The door was open?" Sunggyu asked, panicking

"Don’t worry, hyung, no one was out there. And I closed the door as soon as I entered." Sungjong said, laughing again

"Sunggyu, you are no longer an idol, remember?" Dongwoo said and Sunggyu laughed a bit

"Sorry. I’m used to lock the front door, whenever I'm at home to prevent fans from entering here." Sunggyu said "From now on, I can walk more freely. "

"That's good!" Sungjong said, smiling

"Yes, it’s very good!" Sunggyu said, smiling too

"Well, as I was saying...you said you wanted to help Myungsoo hyung so why don’t you come to our house?" Sungjong suggested again "You can cook, right? Because Myungsoo hyung knows how to cook but not that well."

Dongwoo and Sunggyu laughed at the attitude of the younger. Sungjong sat up in the bed and laughed too.

"Yes, I can cook but I don’t want to bother." Sunggyu said, continuing packing his things

"But you won’t bother us." Sungjong muttered "My parents arrived today but they’ll travel tomorrow again. In that way, you can keep us company."

"Have you talked with your parents, Jongie?" Dongwoo asked, sitting beside him

"Yes! They said they didn’t mind but with some rules." Sungjong said and began to explain everything his parents told him.

Honestly, Sunggyu wasn’t hearing what Sungjong was saying. Should he accept Sungjong’s offer? Well...Sunggyu wanted to spend more time with Myungsoo, he felt comfortable with the younger and Sunggyu couldn’t deny that when he was with Myungsoo, he smiled and life seemed so easy and so beautiful.

"Hyung, are you listening?" Sungjong asked, approaching him

"Huh? Yes" Sunggyu said, a little flustered

"Then you accept?" Sungjong asked and Sunggyu smiled, accepting

"Ah! Sungjong, today I have to meet Woohyun, you’ll come with me, right?" Sunggyu asked and Sungjong nodded

"I’ll help up until the end." Sungjong said, satisfied

He was determined to change his life.

▬ - ▬

"He did what?" Sungyeol asked, shocked

Myungsoo had just told him that Sungjong had asked their parents if Sunggyu can live with them and Sungyeol was shocked (and a bit mad) with the attitude of the younger.

The truth is that, despite accepting Sunggyu in their lives, Sungyeol still didn’t trust him.

"Hyung, we’re home." They heard Sungjong yell

Myungsoo and Sungyeol came downstairs and saw Sungjong, accompanied by Dongwoo and Sunggyu, who brought some bags.

"Hello!" Sunggyu said and Myungsoo smiled

Myungsoo approached him and grabbed a bag, surprising the older. All eyes were fixed in them and Sunggyu couldn’t help, he blushed a bit and Dongwoo and Sungjong laughed.

"Oh! I forgot to say that you would share a room with Myungsoo hyung." Sungjong said, giggling and Sunggyu looked at him, surprised

"What?" Sungyeol said, shocked again

▬ - ▬

3 months later....

Myungsoo's life has changed a lot since he met Sunggyu. He lost his voice, he couldn’t attend his singing classes anymore, however, he was happy. He joined to photography class, something he liked since he was young, but his dream was always to be a singer. Sunggyu decided to continue his studies. He entered the same university that Myungsoo and was learning how to write lyrics.

Sunggyu always helped the younger and was always available to him. Myungsoo’s parents started calling more often, which made him very happy. Sungjong returned to the same hyperactive and enthusiastic brother he was and Sungjong had told Myungsoo everything from drugs to the accident and also told him that he, Woohyun and Sunggyu managed to expose the crimes of the CEO of STAR Entertainment, who was now in the prison.

Myungsoo couldn’t complain, despite having lost his voice, he was happy, very happy.

▬ - ▬

*Flashback*

"Thanks for your help, Woohyun." Sunggyu said and smiled

"I’m glad I could help." Woohyun said

They were silent for a few minutes until Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu’s hand and caressed it. Sunggyu was surprised but didn’t stop the younger.

"I'll miss you." Woohyun whispered, loud enough to Sunggyu hear

"We can meet whenever you want." Sunggyu said, smiling

Woohyun looked at the older and said nothing. He approached Sunggyu and put his other hand on the older’s cheek and kissed his lips. Sunggyu's eyes widened and the oldest was very surprised, he didn’t know the younger had that feeling towards him.

"I wish. I’ll travel, hyung."Woohyun said, after pulling away. Sunggyu could see the sadness in Woohyun "Far away."

*End of Flashback*

Since then, Sunggyu and Woohyun didn’t speak with each other. The older tried to call him several times but the younger never answered or replied to any of his messages. Sunggyu thinks that Woohyun realized that Sunggyu didn’t feel the same for him but he shouldn’t stop talking with him. Sunggyu really wanted to talk with him.

I miss you. Sunggyu thought.

Suddenly, Sunggyu felt someone touch his hand. He glanced beside and saw Myungsoo. The younger handed him a post-it and smiled at him.

I'm here if you need to talk.

"I know." Sunggyu said, smiling a bit

They were in the room that they shared and were on the balcony. The night was warm but refreshing at the same time.

"Myungsoo...I....actually, I wanted to tell you something." Sunggyu said and grabbed the younger’s hand and Myungsoo looked at him "I....I don’t know if you feel the same but it doesn’t matter, I just know that when I'm with you, I feel...I feel complete and I smile a lot." Sunggyu smiled and looked at Myungsoo “I love you!"

Sunggyu, a bit embarrassed, looked forward while Myungsoo continued looking at him, studying his face for a few minutes.

"Myungsoo!" Someone called and they both knew it was Sungyeol

Sunggyu released the younger’s hand, when he heard Sungyeol’s voice. Myungsoo wrote something on the post-it and handed it to the older, however, put his hand on top of it, so Sunggyu couldn’t see what was written on it.

"Sunggyu! Dinner is ready!" Sungyeol yelled again

Myungsoo approached the older and kissed him lightly on the lips, pulling away after a few seconds. The older man looked at him surprised but a few seconds later smiled. Myungsoo smiled back and turned around, leaving the room, leaving the older alone.

Sunggyu saw Myungsoo leave the room and smiled again. He looked at the post-it and smiled even more.

I love you too.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Anneyong! Finally I finished this chapter *-*

I’m not totally satisfied with this chapter but I wanted to give them a happy ending after all the drama they went through.

So, this is the final chapter.

I’m really happy because I have more subscribers than I thought I would have!~

I hope you enjoyed the story. I really tried hard to make a good story and I’m satisfied with this story.

So…thanks for subscribing and for reading the story! I hope I can see your opinion ^-^

Please, comment and subscribe.

Saranghaeyo!

Bye ~