Chapter Three

Silence & Love

Word in italic – important facts or hints of the story and the thoughts of characters.

Words in italic and in bold – what Myungsoo writes in the notebook

Words in bold – the other person the mobile phone or message (in the mobile phone too).

I hope you aren’t confused xD

I hope you enjoy! And please read my other author note^^ thank you for reading!

________________________________________________________________________________

Myungsoo opened his eyes but then closed them, due to intense light. His head ached and his lips were dry.

A few seconds later, Myungsoo opened again his eyes and looked around - white walls, a large window on the left, a chair next to his bed, on the right and the room wasn’t too small, nor too large. – he didn’t know where he was.

He heard a machine working and looked to his left and saw a machine that controlled his heartbeat. He finally realized that he was in the hospital but how had he gotten there?

He just remembered of running with Sunggyu, he still remembered hearing the sound of a gun but then he can’t remember anything else. What happened? The other was hit by the bullet? Or was he?

Myungsoo needed answers, he was very confused.

Suddenly the door opened and revealed Sungyeol. His eyes widened and he looked surprised to find Myungsoo awake. Seconds later, Sungyeol ran to Myungsoo and hugged him, without saying a single word.

Myungsoo was confused but he missed the older so, with some difficulty, he also hugged Sungyeol. They stayed in that position for a few seconds, until Myungsoo heard soft sobs. He pulled the older a bit in order to see Sungyeol’s face and saw that he was crying and the younger looked at him, as if he was asking why he was crying.

Sungyeol pulled away and sat up in his chair, wiping the tears that still streamed down his face, while the younger always looked at him without saying anything. Sungyeol looked at him with a sad expression and Myungsoo was worried and a little scared. Did something happen to Sunggyu? Does he......no, of course he was okay….right? But why Myungsoo was worried about him? He wasn’t his friend, he was an idol and Myungsoo was just a normal boy.

But, seeing the older in that state (in the warehouse, when he was crying) made Myungsoo look at him in another way, maybe Sunggyu’s life wasn’t as perfect as Myungsoo thought, maybe his life was even worse than Myungsoo’s life, maybe he wasn’t the person that Myungsoo thought he was, maybe he was different from all the idols that he met.

Sungyeol's body trembled and he couldn’t say anything, he just looked at Myungsoo, with the same expression and Myungsoo, not sure why, but the Sungyeol’s expression, scared him a bit.

Suddenly, Sungyeol’s phone started ringing and he quickly picked it up and left the room. Myungsoo saw the older disappear from the room without saying anything, without explaining a single thing and Myungsoo sighed, trying to remember a few more things.

Myungsoo lay back on the bed and stared at the ceiling, confused by everything that was happening. Myungsoo had that feeling that the older he was hiding something and that Sungyeol didn’t want to tell him what had happened.

I mean, maybe Sungyeol didn’t know what had happened but Myungsoo felt that Sungyeol didn’t want him to know what had happened. It was so bad? Someone was hurt seriously? What happened? - This was the question, which Myungsoo wanted an answer but it seemed that no one was available to give him.

The bedroom door opened again and Myungsoo was expecting to see his best friend, however, the person that was at the door, it wasn’t Sungyeol, it was Kim Sunggyu.

Myungsoo looked at the older, and he seemed fine, however, when the two looked at each other, the younger saw sadness and sorrow in the older’s eyes.

Sunggyu closed the door carefully and took a few steps forward and Myungsoo watched his every move, silently. The oldest was thinner and paler. How long Myungsoo was sleeping in that hospital bed? Days? Months?

"I’m sorry..." Myungsoo heard the older murmur, after several minutes in silence

They turned to look at each other and for a moment, Myungsoo wondered why the older had said that. Was he apologizing because he was in that bed, when he had already recovered?

Myungsoo thought that option were suitable to the situation but there was something more, Myungsoo could feel it.

Suddenly, Myungsoo realized that Sunggyu's hands trembled slightly. The older noticed that Myungsoo was looking at his hands and hid them behind him, however, the younger, with his right hand, pulled him a little closer to him grabbed Sunggyu’s hands (they were small but soft), and Sunggyu was surprised.

This was strange (to Sunggyu) because Myungsoo said hated him, however, now he seemed to be different, it seemed he didn’t hate him, but why? (Sunggyu asked himself in his mind).

The younger smiled a bit and Sunggyu felt his heart beat a little faster, he had never seen a smile so beautiful and so sweet as Myungsoo’s smile and Sunggyu smiled too.

"What is this?"

Sunggyu and Myungsoo heard someone scream, and they both looked at the door. Sungyeol looked at them, shocked and angry at the same time. Sungyeol didn’t like what he was seeing, Myungsoo shouldn’t be so friendly with Sunggyu, Myungsoo was there, in that hospital bed because of Sunggyu and Sungyeol didn’t want to see him near his best friend.

Seeing Sungyeol, Sunggyu dropped his hands and looked at the ground, remembering the conversation he had with Sungyeol earlier.

*Flashback*

When Sunggyu woke up, the doctor explained to him everything that had happened after he fainted and Sunggyu thanked him, smiling slightly. The doctor told him to rest, however, Sunggyu had to see the younger, he had to see if he was really good, as the doctor had told him and he wanted to thank the younger, for saving him and for helping at that time.

Once the doctor left, Sunggyu pulled the sheets that covered him and tried to get up but still felt a bit dizzy due to medicine that the nurses had given him. Slowly Sunggyu came out of his room and went to the younger’s room, but when he arrived there, someone came out of the room. He was a tall, thin, light brown hair, chubby cheeks, he was wearing a white sweater and black jeans. The boy looked at him, confused.

"Can I talk to Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked, a bit nervous. Sunggyu was not sure why, but this guy intimidated him a bit, it was as if he had something against him

"And who are you?" The boy asked, with a cold voice

"Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu" he replied, looking at the boy, who looked even angrier.

"Myungsoo can’t speak, he still didn’t wake up." The boy said

"Oh! I will come here later." Sunggyu said and was preparing to go to his room, but the other boy, grabbed his arm, stopping him.

Sunggyu, with his quick reflex, grabbed the other’s hand and brushed it of his arm, looking at the boy, confused

"Stay away from this room. I never want to see you near Myungsoo, he's like that because of you, so don’t come back to apologize or say you're sorry and that you regret because it doesn’t matter now." The boy said, with a rigid and cold voice "you destroyed everything Myungsoo always dreamed of."

Sunggyu looked at him in disbelief and wanted to ask what happened, why he was treating so badly, why he couldn’t see Myungsoo, why he was saying that, after all, according to the doctors, the younger was okay, nothing had happened but then…he realized - the doctors lied to him - but why? Why they didn’t tell him the truth? Is it that serious?

Not wanting to bother the other boy anymore, Sunggyu quietly turned around and went to his room, ignoring someone who called him.

*End of Flashback*

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo, who was confused by his reaction, because the older had never spoken like that to anyone, and besides, he had never heard Sungyeol speak in that tone so cold, so rigid.

Myungsoo opened his mouth (Sunggyu, who had looked at him, turned to look at the floor and closed his eyes and Sungyeol took a step forward and bit his bottom lip) to explain what was going on, however, nothing came, he continued to move his lips but no sound was heard, nothing came out of his mouth and he just stopped moving his mouth, looking at the two boys in disbelief. They both looked at the younger, who still stood with his mouth open and eyes wide.

Sungyeol took a few steps forward and grabbed Sunggyu's arm, pulling him abruptly to the door. Outside the room, they stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Didn’t you hear what I said? I don’t want you near Myungsoo, you're not welcome here." Sungyeol said, almost shouting

"I have the right to talk to him, you can’t forbid me." Sunggyu shouted. He was sick of hearing people yelling at him.

During these days, his father kept yelling at him and saying that he didn’t protect himself, that he should have tried to run away from that guys, that he should have done something and that he shouldn’t have given up that easily. But he went further, he called him weak, coward and said even more horrible things that Sunggyu didn’t want to remember. And for once in his life, Sunggyu was happy to have a house just for him.

"What? After what you did, you should have shame and never show up in front of us. To Myungsoo, his voice was one of the most precious things in his life, maybe the most precious thing in his life. He fought so hard, he never gave up, though no one recognized his talent, Myungsoo didn’t give up and kept trying." The other boy said, angry "He thinks I don’t know, but I know that he sings in front of several people, on weekends, but still nobody cares about him, about his voice, his dream……It's amazing how unfair life is, some people struggle so much to get what they want, but others simply don’t do anything because they have someone, who fights for them. Your life must be perfect, why don’t you go back to her and leave Myungsoo alone? He doesn’t need you."

My life is not perfect, in fact, it’s worse than yours. Sunggyu thought, seconds after hearing what the other had said. He took a deep breath and looked the other boy, he could see anger, rage, pain, coldness in the other’s eyes but when he spoke about Myungsoo, when he spoke about Myungsoo’s dreams and how he fought so hard, Sunggyu could see love and pain, Sunggyu could see how Sungyeol was devastated by this whole situation.

"I....." Sunggyu couldn’t finish his sentence because Myungsoo's room door opened and the younger, still weak because of all the medicines, left the room, clinging to the wall. He brought something in his hand and Sunggyu was curious.

When he saw Myungsoo, Sungyeol helped him and took him back to his hospital bed, trying not to complain to the younger, but he said that Myungsoo was still weak and couldn’t walk around.

"Myunggie not ever do this, okay? You need to rest." Sungyeol said and Myungsoo nodded

Myungsoo showed the paper in his hand and the older frowned a bit, bothered by what he had just read. Sungyeol didn’t want to do what Myungsoo was asking but it was his best friend, well, he was much more than that, Myungsoo was the person most important to him, so Sungyeol took the paper and nodded.

"Wait a minute." Sungyeol said and left the room

On the other hand, Sunggyu didn’t dare to enter the room, in fact, he took that moment and started walking towards the exit of the hospital. Maybe the other boy was right, maybe he shouldn’t approach Myungsoo. He felt so guilty because if Sunggyu didn’t decide to try to find Myungsoo and give him his guitar, maybe Myungsoo had never seen him being kidnapped, maybe Myungsoo had never helped him to escape, and maybe Myungsoo would never lose his voice.

Sunggyu was so distracted that he didn’t hear someone calling his name.

"Sunggyu sunbaenim!"

Sunggyu looked back and saw Woohyun running after him, stopping a few feet ahead of him. He smiled a bit to the younger but ended up asking him what he was doing there.

"I heard someone saying that you had an accident and I decided to visit you. I came a few days ago too but then I saw you with a boy and didn’t want to interrupt you, so I decided to come another day." Woohyun said, smiling

"Oh! Thanks, that was very nice of you." Sunggyu said, smiling again

"'Are you okay?" Woohyun asked, with a worried expression and Sunggyu nodded "We could go drink a coffee, what do you think, sunbaenim?"

"You can call me hyung, if you want, of course." Sunggyu said "And today I'm not feeling very well. Maybe another day."

"Ok!" Woohyun said "I’ll send a message and we decide then."

"Ok! I'll be waiting." Sunggyu said and Woohyun smiled

"Sunggyu!" Someone called and both looked back

"Y-you? What happened? "Sunggyu asked, surprised to see Sungyeol

Sungyeol didn’t answer, just handed the paper, which was in his hand, to Sunggyu, who looked at him, confused. Sungyeol pushed the paper again, and Sunggyu grabbed it. Woohyun said nothing, just looked at them, confused and curious.

I want to talk with him. I need to know what happened. Please hyung!

Sunggyu looked at him and Sungyeol said nothing, just looked at him with an unidentifiable expression. Sunggyu looked back at the paper and smiled a bit, maybe he shouldn’t smile at that moment but knowing that the younger wanted to talk with him, made him feel a bit happy.

"I have to go, Woohyun. We'll talk later, okay?” Sunggyu said and Woohyun nodded and smiled

He was preparing to go to Myungsoo’s room but Sungyeol grabbed his arm.

"He won’t forgive you." Sungyeol said, with a cold voice "Don’t be hopeful."

Sungyeol dropped his arm and started walking towards the exit door of the hospital, a little hurt by Myungsoo’s attitude. He knew the younger wanted answers and he had the right to know what happened but Sungyeol couldn’t help but feel hurt and sad. At this moment, he wanted to be the one to comfort Myungsoo, he wanted to say that he would be okay, that he would take care of him, but he couldn’t do that because he wasn’t there to see what happened (he wished because maybe Sungyeol could save Myungsoo), so he couldn’t answer to Myungsoo’s questions.

A tear streamed down Sungyeol’s face and he wiped it because he couldn’t cry, he had to be strong and support Myungsoo, he would need him and Sungyeol would be there to help him with his problem.

Suddenly, his phone rang and Sungyeol pulled it from his pocket, seeing who it was.

"Hello?"

"S-Sungyeol-hyung h, w-where are you?"

"Sungjong, are you okay? I'm in the hospital. Where are you? Are you home?"

"No. S-Sungyeol-hyung, I need your help."

"What's going on?"

 ▬ - ▬

Sunggyu was sitting in a chair that was near Myungsoo’s bed, while Myungsoo was lying in bed, looking at the window.

Sunggyu knew that the younger was waiting for him to start talking and explain everything that happened, however, he didn’t even know where to start.

They remained in that position for a few more minutes until Myungsoo turned his face to the older, looking directly at him. Sunggyu sighed and realized that the younger couldn’t wait any longer, he needed answers before he went crazy.

On the other hand, since Sungyeol left to bring Sunggyu back, Myungsoo couldn’t stop thinking about possibilities of what had happened. The truth is that Myungsoo was a bit scared. this was a secondary effect? I mean, Myungsoo would be able to talk again, right? Or....

"I’m sorry ..." the older said, looking directly to the younger "I know you're gonna hate me after I tell you the truth but I want you to know that I am grateful, so thank you for helping me and for saving me."

.....He would never be able to talk, to sing - his dream was destroyed.

After the older finished talking, Myungsoo realized that everything that he dreamed, would never happen, his talent would never be recognized, his parents would never be proud of him.

However, Myungsoo wanted to hear what the older had to say, he wanted to know all the details.

"Well....just like you, when I woke up I didn’t know what had happened, the doctor had told me that you were fine but when I came to visit you, your friend stopped me and said I had destroyed your dream, etc.. I realized that what the doctor had told me was a lie, so I asked him to tell me the truth." Sunggyu said, always looking to Myungsoo "He told me that someone had witnessed everything that happened and that person had told the police."

Myungsoo nodded, trying to show the older that he wanted hear more. Sunggyu stood up and approached the window, looking outside.

"The truth is that the shot was for me, however, I fainted before the bullet come near me, the doctor said I was too weak after them giving me that strong drug and…” Sunggyu stopped for a minute but then decided to keep it secret and continued his explanation “…and the doctor said the bullet hit your neck, in the area of ​​the vocal cords…he said that you.....you....you won’t be able to talk agai. I’m sorry, Myungsoo. I’m so sorry."

So it was true, Myungsoo would never be able to talk again. A tear fell on the younger’s face, followed by others.

For several minutes the two boys cried silently and neither of them approached the other. Sunggyu knew very well that the younger would never want to see him again but he wanted to help him, not because he felt guilty, but because he knew what the younger felt, because it wasn’t the first time he had been kidnapped (well, this is the worst because it involved another person – a person that Sunggyu was starting to like/care about a lot) and Sunggyu almost lost his voice once too but for him, it wasn’t very important, since if he lost his voice, Sunggyu would no longer have the life he hated so much but he realized that to Myungsoo, his voice was the most important thing for him. And, now everything, his dreams, his hopes…it was everything destroyed.

"I want to help you." The older said, looking again at the younger, who didn’t even look at him.

The younger took the notebook, which was on the table beside the bed and wrote something, then showed to the older.

Go away.

"I know you're ......" Sunggyu was cut by the younger, who returned to write something on the notebook.

I don’t need you to pity me.

"But I don’t pity you." Sunggyu said, approaching the younger

For a few seconds, they looked at each other and Myungsoo could see honesty in the older’s eyes but he couldn’t, he just couldn’t, although he didn’t blame the older, because it was him, who decided to try to help Sunggyu, but he couldn’t be near the older, without feeling hurt. Because being with Sunggyu reminded him that he could never fulfill his dream.

Please, I need to be alone. I don’t blame you for what happened to me so go away.

"But you hate me." Sunggyu said and Myungsoo didn’t even look at him.

Sunggyu sighed and realized that the younger wouldn’t give him an answer, so he decided to leave him alone for a few minutes. He left the room and saw Woohyun sitting on a chair.

"What are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked, looking at Woohyun, confused

"I know we don’t talk a lot but I want you to know that I'm here for you, hyung." Woohyun said as he stood up

He knows everything. Sunggyu thought, as he heard what the newest said

"How do you know?" Sunggyu asked

"I've heard the doctors talking about it." the younger said, stepping forward, "Hyung, I’ll say it again, if you need to talk, I'm here."

"Thank you, Woohyun." the older thanked, smiling a bit

"I brought coffee." Woohyun said, showing the two cups with coffee, which were resting on a chair.

Sunggyu smiled again and decided to accept Woohyun’s offer because he really needed to talk to someone, he needed to tell someone and, even without knowing how, he knew that Woohyun wouldn’t judge him.

They sat and talked for hours. From time to time, Sunggyu stood up and carefully opened the door of the room where Myungsoo was but the younger refused to look at him. Even when he said he had to eat, the younger just turned around and did nothing and Sunggyu left the room, crying for the first time in Woohyun’s arms, who whispered words of comfort in Sunggyu’s ear.

 ▬ - ▬

"H-hyung." It was the first thing Sungjong said when he saw Sungyeol. The older ran towards him and hugged him

"What happened, Jongie?" Sungyeol asked, concerned

Sungjong was in a deplorable state. In his face, he had few scratches, his clothes were all wrinkled and messy. Sungjong’s body was trembling and many tears fell on his face.

"Jongie tell me. What happened? Why are you in this state? Who did this to you?" Sungyeol asked, even more worried and scared too.

The younger looked at him and closed his eyes, letting out of his lips 4 simple words:

"It's all my fault."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Anneyong! I’m sorry *bows* I know I said I would update yesterday but this chapter was really difficult to me because I wanted to end the story in that next chapter but I don’t know if I’ll end or not.

Well, I’m not totally satisfied because I feel that this chapter is kinda boring, not totally boring but I didn’t want to speed up too much the story.

Poor boys, everyone loves the wrong person :( Let's see what happens!

I hope you’re enjoying the story!^^

Thank you for subscribing (: I'm really happy!

Please comment & subscribe.

Saranghaeyo!