Chapter Four

Silence & Love

Word in italic – important facts or hints of the story and the thoughts of characters.

Words in italic and in bold – what Myungsoo writes in the notebook

Words in bold – the other person the mobile phone or message (in the mobile phone too).

_________________________________________________________________________________

2 days later ...

During these two days, Sunggyu didn’t come out of the hospital, he was determined, he wanted to help the younger and he wouldn’t give up until he accepted his help, even if it took days, months or even years. He wouldn’t give up of Myungsoo - this was the first time that Sunggyu would fight alone, this was the first thing that Sunggyu wanted a lot and he would get it without help.

Sunggyu tried to speak several times with Myungsoo but the younger refused, he sent him away and never wanted him to stay in the room, not even to keep him company.

 ▬ - ▬

These two days were very tiring to Sungyeol. In the morning, he would visit Myungsoo and try to talk to him but the younger, who never did anything, just looked at him and heard him, without trying to communicate with him.

It wasn’t Myungsoo’s fault that he wasn’t able to speak ( it was Kim Sunggyu’s fault - from the point of view of Sungyeol) but Sungyeol was so sad and  when he looked into Myungsoo’s eyes, he couldn’t see that glow that used to be in his eyes, that will to live, to dream and to fight, it was like Myungsoo had given up but Sungyeol wouldn’t let Myungsoo giving up on life, he would fight for Myungsoo, he was going to show to the younger that he could still live, even without his precious voice.

Then, later, he would visit Sungjong, Myungsoo’s younger brother. Sungjong had told him everything that had happened and why he was in that deplorable state. Sungyeol was worried, but mostly hurt when he heard what Sungjong said to him, however, he knew Sungjong needed him, and that, despite the younger saying that he was strong enough to endure it all alone and to tell everyone that he isn’t what everyone thinks, Sungyeol knew that Sungjong would never be able to face everyone alone, he needed someone and Sungyeol would be there to help him.

"Myungsoo, I’m going to your house and I’ll come back later, ok?" Sungyeol said, kissing the younger’s forehead, who simply nodded.

Myungsoo didn’t ask Sungyeol about his younger brother because Sungyeol had explained him that Sungjong was going through a complicated phase and eventually he couldn’t visit him but when he returns home, Sungjong will be there waiting for him and then they can return to their normal life, but Myungsoo felt bad for not being able to be with his brother in this difficult phase of his life, not being able to comfort him and help him, however, Sungyeol assured him that the his younger brother was okay, he just needed to stay home for a few days.

"Sungjong knows that you’re not okay. If he can, he comes to visit you, I promise." – That's what Sungyeol said, the day before and Myungsoo nodded, deciding that maybe it was the best not to ask more questions. However, there was something that intrigued Myungsoo because Sungjong was strange since the previous month and Myungsoo knew Sungjong did or was doing something dangerous but Myungsoo couldn’t find out what it was. He wanted to ask Sungyeol’s help but he was a bit afraid of the older’s reaction, so he decided that was better to leave everything as it was for a while and then Myungsoo would ask to his brother to tell him what was happening.

Sungyeol left the room and saw Sunggyu, who had a coffee in his hand. Sungyeol had noticed that Sunggyu looked paler, he had dark circles under his eyes, his lips were dry and Sunggyu looked more and more tired. Sungyeol had to admit that he felt a bit bad because maybe he shouldn’t have spoken so badly to the other guy but he just couldn’t forgive him, he couldn’t forgive Sunggyu and Sungyeol didn’t know if he would ever stop blaming the older.

"Hello!" Sunggyu said, with a weak voice

Sungyeol nodded and headed out the door of the hospital, looking one last time to the older, who had his eyes fixed on the door of the room where Myungsoo was. Will Sunggyu be able to make Myungsoo open up with other people again? (At the bottom of his heart, Sungyeol hoped so. Earlier, he was jealous of the older, however, Sungyeol realized that maybe the older could help his best friend. However, Sungyeol was still a bit afraid, Myungsoo wasn’t a very communicative person. Sunggyu had to work hard - Sungyeol concluded.)

When Sungyeol arrived to Sungjong’s and Myungsoo’s house, he rang the doorbell, hoping the younger would open the door, however, after several minutes and no one answered the door. Sungyeol rang again, however, no one opened the door again.

"I-I need m-more, hyung. I don’t know how much longer I will endure this, I guess I'll never be able to drop it." – Sungjong said, the day before, when they were lying on his bed

When he remembered the younger’s words, Sungyeol began running quickly. He ran and ran, looking everywhere, however, he couldn’t find Sungjong.

Sungyeol was more and more concerned because even though the younger promised that he would never make that mistake again, Sungyeol was afraid that he couldn’t resist. And Sungyeol was right, Sungjong was definitely doing what the older feared the most.

 ▬ - ▬

From: Yeol hyung

Sungjong, where are you? Tell me you're not that unpleasant place. Go home immediately.

Sungjong saw the message that the older had just sent him but he couldn’t answer because he knew that the older would try to stop him from doing that and Sungjong knew what he was doing was wrong but he could not stand anymore, he needed that.

"What do you want, kid?" A tall and dark-haired man asked, looking at him

"I wanted to talk with Joon. Is he there? "Sungjong asked, looking at the house that was behind them.

The man didn’t answer, just looked back at him again and went into the house, leaving him and a few seconds later, another man appeared.

"What do you want, kid? I thought you said you were going to leave this." Joon asked, leaning to the wall

"I need more." Sungjong said, closing his eyes for a few moments

I shouldn’t do this. Sungjong thought. He knew that when the older discovered what he did, he would get upset but mostly disappointed with him.

"Sorry, kid, but I can’t sell you anything." Joon said, taking a cigarette and lit the lighter

"What?" Sungjong said, displeased with what he had just heard "You can only be kidding with me."

"You betrayed the boss. He said I can’t sell you anything." Joon said and Sungjong was even more displeased

"Sell me just this once. Please." Sungjong asked, almost pleading

"I’m so-"

Joon couldn’t finish his sentence because someone approached the two and punched Joon, causing him to fall to the ground. Sungjong looked away and saw Sungyeol with an angry expression.

"Let's get out of here." Sungyeol said, grabbing the younger’s hand

 ▬ - ▬

"Sunggyu, you have to go back. I've been canceling your schedule for 2 straight days. You'll have a comeback soon, you need to practice." His manager said

"I still can’t go back. I want to help him, but he still hasn’t accepted my help." Sunggyu said, looking at the Myungsoo’s room

"Sunggyu, you have to continue your life. He will surpass this." His manager said, trying to convince Sunggyu to return home with him

"No, he won’t get through this all alone. I know he has his friends but I understand what he is feeling. I want to help him and won’t give up." Sunggyu said, determined

"And your fans, Sunggyu? And your father? How is everything going to be?" his manager asked and Sunggyu stared at the floor, not knowing what to say "You have two days to decide. I'm sorry, I didn’t want to pressure you but Woollim is investing a lot in you."

Sunggyu saw his manager leave the hospital and sat down on the chair again. He was right, he hadn’t even thought about what he would do in the future if the younger accepted his help. Sunggyu should give up? He never wanted this idol life, maybe it was better to give up, right?

Sunggyu was so indecisive. On one hand, he wanted to give up, but on the other hand, he knew that if he gave up, his father would be very disappointed with him.

"Hello?"

"Dongwoo hyung, can we meet tomorrow?"

"Sunggyu? Yes, of course. But is everything okay? Are you okay?"

"Yes, everything is okay. I just need to talk a bit with you."

"Ok! Meet me at the usual coffee shop at 9 a.m."

"Ok! Thank you!"

"You're welcome. See you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow, hyung"

Sunggyu sighed, talking with Dongwoo would help him, his older brother would know what to do, he always gave the best advices and this time, he was the only person who could help him decide. Of course that the final decision would be taken by Sunggyu.

"Now I just need to convince him." Sunggyu mumbled and stood up, taking a deep breath before entering the room of the younger

 ▬ - ▬

"Sungjong, you promised." Sungyeol said, a bit disappointed with the younger

"I know, hyung. I'm sorry." Sungjong said, staring at the floor, disappointed with himself

"You have to tell them the truth." Sungyeol said, looking seriously at Sungjong

"Huh? But---"

"Maybe we should wait a few days and then you tell to Myungsoo but you have to tell Sunggyu." Sungyeol said

Sungjong looked at him and said nothing. He wasn’t ready to tell everything but maybe Sungyeol was right, maybe it was time to tell the truth.

"Ok! Come with me to the hospital today and I'll tell him." Sungjong  said and Sungyeol smiled a little

 ▬ - ▬

"Tomorrow you'll get out of here." Sunggyu said, looking at Myungsoo, who had his eyes fixed on the window

Whenever Sunggyu was in his room, Myungsoo looked at the window. He knew he was hurting the older, however, he couldn’t help, he still couldn’t forget everything and maybe he would never forget it but he knew one day he had to move on, however, it seemed so hard to Myungsoo, he still felt so frustrated and hurt with the world, he still felt that anger and that will to destroy everything around him. To Myungsoo, life was so unfair and cruel.

"What are you going to do after tomorrow?" Sunggyu asked, trying to start a conversation again

At this point, Myungsoo had already shown a paper with the same phrase "Go away." or "I don’t need your help.” but this time the younger just stared to the window. That was a good sign? Well...Sunggyu did not think that.

Sunggyu felt so tired. It had only been two days but he came almost every hour to see the younger and he didn’t even look at him. But he felt even more depressed, he didn’t know what to do, he needed to know what he would do in the future, how his life would be from the next day on.

"Are you going to look out to the window during all the times I come here? Won’t you look at me?" Sunggyu asked, trying to be calm. Myungsoo didn’t react. "Look, I know it was a traumatic experience, I know that is difficult to surpass this whole situation but this was also a traumatic experience to me, ok? I was almost ."

When Sunggyu realized what he said, his eyes widened and he put a hand in front of his mouth. This was supposed to be a secret, no one shouldn’t know about this.

Upon hearing those words, Myungsoo glanced at the older. Was it true? What he had just said was true?

"It is true." Sunggyu mumbled, as if he read Myungsoo’s thoughts "When I went looking for you, a drunk man approached me and tried to me ....... but then came a man, I thought he was coming save me but he kidnaped me."

Tears streamed down Sunggyu’s face. During these days he had been in the hospital, Sunggyu had nightmares about that, he just couldn’t get it out of his head. He wanted to be strong for the younger because, despite not knowing Myungsoo so well, Sunggyu already felt something unexplainable for younger. Not even knowing how or why, but he felt something strong for Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at the older, not knowing how to react. Fortunately, he had never experienced it but he knew it would be horrible, the older must be so sad. But the worst was the tears that streamed down the older’s face, Myungsoo wanted to wipe those tears, he wanted to see Sunggyu’s beautiful smile.

The oldest didn’t wipe his tears, he just got up and was about to leave when Myungsoo grabbed his hand, causing him to look at the younger. Myungsoo gave him a paper and the older was surprised when he read what it said.

I accept. I accept your help.

Sunggyu smiled. For the first time since all this tragedy happened, Sunggyu smiled genuinely. The older caressed the younger’s hand and smiled at him again.

"Thank you!" Sunggyu said and the younger smiled a bit,surprising Sunggyu

Myungsoo's smile was so beautiful, it was the most beautiful smile in the world (to Sunggyu).

▬ - ▬

"Dongwoo hyung, are you okay?" Hoya asked, looking at him, worried

"Yes. I'm just a bit tired." Dongwoo said, forcing a smile

"Okay. Ah! Tomorrow Myungsoo will leave the hospital, we could go visit him. What do you think?" Hoya said, grabbing the older’s hand, who looked at him and smiled

"Of course!" Dongwoo said, putting his head on the younger’s shoulder

Sunggyu, I hope you're okay. Dongwoo thought, sighing

▬ - ▬

"So, what do you want to speak with me?" Sunggyu asked, looking at Sungyeol and Sungjong, who sat with him at the bar of the hospital.

As promised, Sungyeol and Sungjong went to hospital and asked Sunggyu to speak with him. Myungsoo said he was going to get some sleep and Sunggyu smiled and left the room with them. They were already seated at the table for 15 minutes and none of them spoke, which left Sunggyu a bit worried but confused at the same time.

On the other hand, Sungjong was so nervous and Sungyeol feared that the younger couldn’t tell what he had told him.

"Well....I have...hm...I…I was the one who helped that men to kidnap you." Sungjong said, looking at his hands, which were on his lap "I.....since my parents started traveling because of business, I went into depression and then Myungsoo hyung didn’t give me much attention and Sungyeol hyung and Myungsoo hyung spent so much time together and....what ... what I mean is that I felt alone, and every day was getting worst. One day...a man approached me and offered me drugs. At first, I said no and I walked away but a few days later, I returned to the same spot and found the same man, who came to offer me drugs again and I accepted.”

*Flashback*

"Are you sure you don’t want, kid? I can see by your face that you need this more than me." the man said

"I..." Sungjong was unsure, he knew what he was doing was wrong but maybe he needed it. "Ok, I accept."

"By the way, my name is Joon. When you need more, just call me." Joon said, smirking

*End of Flashback*

"Since that day, I started going out with them, they invited me to parties, gave me more and more drugs and I became addicted." Sungjong said, without looking at them "There was a time I had no money and Joon said I could give him later the money but my parents would only send me the money two weeks later, but he insisted. Two days later, Joon appeared with another man and that man threatened me. When I returned home, a car stopped in front of me and someone pulled me into the car. At first, I was a bit confused, but then he said that they heard the whole conversation and they had an offer for me. They said that if I followed you, and told them where you were, they would give me a good amount of money. I was a bit afraid at the moment but I really needed money, so I accepted their offer."

"So it was you." Sunggyu said, surprised. How could a boy of that age go through all of this? Life was really unfair.

"Yes. I followed you for a whole month. They told me the day that they would kidnap you and on that day I followed you around everywhere. But when I saw Myungsoo hyung, I wanted to give up because I thought you were his friend, however, they made me, they said they would tell my parents that I consumed drugs and I didn’t want anyone to know, so I said them where you were and went home. I tried to call Myungsoo hyung but he didn’t answer my calls, I was really worried." Sungjong continued to explain "I was going to leave the drug after they give me money but they refused to give me the money and they beat me. I don’t know if you know who I am talking about."

"Yes, I know. He appeared there and still had the nerve to ask me to disappear and even threatened your brother." Sunggyu said, angry "The problem is that we don’t have evidences. During these two days, I've been trying to look for evidences, Woohyun has been helping me but we couldn’t find anything."

"I can help you." Sungjong said, looking at Sunggyu "I have our conversations recorded and messages too."

"Really?" Sunggyu said, surprised

"Yes. I may seem naive but I knew very well who I was dealing with." Sungjong said

"Hm…can I ask you a question?" Sungyeol asked, speaking for the first time since they were sitting at that table and Sunggyu nodded "Woohyun knows that the culprit of this whole situation is his boss, the CEO of STAR Entertainment?"

"What?"

Upon hearing another voice, the three boys looked back and saw Woohyun, who looked at them incredulously.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Anneyong!^^ As promissed, the chapter four is here (: The next chapter will be the end of the story T-T

So….omg! Woohyunnie didn’t know that his boss did that to Gyu and Myung. Poor him :cc Let’s see what happens. *me being mysterious*

Sungyeol is so kind to Sungjong and Myungsoo *-* <3

Ah!....I almost forgot. I know maybe you’re a bit confused because I said that Dongwoo and Hoya were Myungsoo’s and Sungyeol’s friends and they are but Dongwoo is Sunggyu’s older brother but nobody knows, not even Hoya.

I'm sorry for my mistakes. English is not my first language.

So…I hope you’re enjoying the story and thank you so much for subscribing :D

Please comment and subscribe!

Saranghaeyo!