Chapter One

Silence & Love

There is no guarantee that life is easy.

It’s true. Life is not easy, in fact, it never was and Sunggyu felt and feel it every day of his life.

Many people would give anything to have the life that Sunggyu has and it could be a little selfish of him but he didn’t like, in fact, he hated his life.

Kim Sunggyu, a solo singer of Woollim Entertainment. Everyone admired his talent, everyone said that his voice was one of the best voices in South Korea, he had fans around the world, he had an apartment just for him, he had a house (bought by their parents) on the Jeju island, where he would spend his holidays every year, he could have all the women he wanted...

…in short, Kim Sunggyu had a "perfect" life.

However, for Sunggyu, his life wasn’t perfect. He didn’t want to be an idol. He loved to sing, it is true, however, he had no confidence, body and talent to be an idol.

What no one knew is that Sunggyu didn’t sign up in Woollim Entertainment’s audition but yes his father. Sunggyu's father wanted him to become an idol, he wanted Sunggyu to become the idol he never became.

Are you confused? I’ll explain.

When Sunggyu was young, his father told him that he wanted to be a singer, however, his father wouldn’t let him follow his dream because he wanted his son to take over his company. So, when Sunggyu’s grandfather died, his father became the president of the Kim Company.

At that time, Sunggyu confessed to his father that he wanted to be an idol, however, over the years, Sunggyu found that he didn’t want to be an idol, but just a simple singer because he didn’t want to have the same life that all idols had all.

However, Sunggyu didn’t have the courage to tell his father that, so Kim Sunggyu became the solo singer of Woollim Entertainment.

As I said earlier, Sunggyu hated his life. He couldn’t go anywhere alone, all he did was practice during the day, fulfill his schedule and return home, where he would be alone, with nothing to do, no one to talk to, nothing....just a cold and empty house.

After schedule, he would return home and he would just sit on the couch and watch a bit of television and then he would sleep, skipping meals frequently.

▬ - ▬

"They like you!" said his manager, after another performance

Sunggyu said nothing, just stood in the same position: sitting in a chair, eyes fixed on the mirror, an expression that no one could identify, hands in his lap, motionless.

One of the stylists was renovating his makeup, so then Sunggyu could leave the studio and head to his next schedule, which would be "Kiss The Radio", with Super Junior’s  Sungmin and Ryeowook.

Sunggyu was tired, however, he decided not to say anything. He couldn’t do anything, right? This was the life he chose for him, so he couldn’t complain.

Once the stylish has finished her work, Sunggyu stood up and left the room. He headed for the exit door of the building, followed by his manager.

"Sunggyu sunbaenim*!" Sunggyu and his manager heard someone saying.

Both turned back and saw Woohyun,  Sunggyu’s "rival"

"Congratulations! It was a great performance." Woohyun said, smiling softly

"Thank you! I also really liked your performance, Woohyun-ah. You've improved a lot." Sunggyu said, with a small smile on his lips

Though Woohyun was considered his rival, Sunggyu didn’t consider the younger his rival because he thought the younger was very talented and he could become a great singer. In fact, he and Woohyun were friends, they just didn’t have a lot time to talk with each other. On the other hand, Woohyun respected a lot the older. For him, Sunggyu was a model to follow.

"Thank you! Well…I better get going. Goodbye, Sunggyu sunbaenim" Woohyun said, leaving Sunggyu and his manager alone.

Sunggyu began walking towards the exit door of the building. Outside the building, was a crowd of fans. Some banners with his name could be seen and Sunggyu smiled a bit. He didn’t like being an idol, but Sunggyu was grateful to his fans because they were the only thing that tied Sunggyu to fame.

Sunggyu walked to his van, where his manager, who would take him to his next schedule.

"Hyung, tomorrow can I stay home?" Sunggyu asked, looking to the window

"Hm...yes. Tomorrow you just hae one schedule so I can cancel. You need to rest." His manager said, as he drove

"Thank you." Sunggyu simply said, without looking at him.

▬ - ▬

"Life " Myungsoo muttered as he looked at the window

Kim Myungsoo a normal boy with a normal life. Myungsoo was a calm and quiet boy. He didn’t have many friends, in fact, his friends were Lee Howon, best known as Hoya and Lee Sungyeol, one of the funniest kid in his class.

Sungyeol was the first to approach Myungsoo.

"You seem interesting." He said as he took his notebook from his backpack

Since then, Sungyeol and Myungsoo became very close and Sungyeol was the only one who knew the true Myungsoo, not even Hoya knew Myungsoo so well.

Myungsoo’s family was complicated because his parents were rarely home, as well as his younger brother, Sungjong. Myungsoo didn’t care, he liked to be alone but he couldn’t help but be worried about his brother because for Myungsoo, Sungjong was still a child that needed his protection, however, Sungjong had proved many times that he doesn’t need Myungsoo because he knows how to protect himself.

Myungsoo attended Seoul University, in the area of ​​music and instruments.

It’s true! Kim Myungsoo wanted to become a singer. However, it seemed that no one liked him, it seemed that no one recognized his talent and that made Myungsoo more and more frustrated because, at least once in his life, he wanted his parents be proud of him.

"Someday, will I be a good son? They’ll feel proud of me?" Myungsoo muttered, sighing

"Myungsoo, are you talking to yourself?" Sungyeol asked and Myungsoo looked at him

"No..." Myungsoo simply replied, looking again at the window

▬ - ▬

"Finally ..." Myungsoo said, as he heard the doorbell ring

School had ended and it was Friday, that meant Myungsoo had no classes for two days. Not that Myungsoo didn’t like the classes but these last days Myungsoo hasn’t gotten much sleep, so in weekend he would get some more sleep.

Myungsoo stood up, packed his thing and left the classroom.

"What will you do on weekend?" Sungyeol said, smiling

"I don’t know ..." Myungsoo replied

"We could do something together." Sungyeol suggested "We could invite Hoya and we could go to that new coffee. What do you say? "

"yeah…" Myungsoo said, smiling a bit

Sungyeol looked at his best friend and noticed that something was happening, however, he was a bit afraid to ask what was going on since the last time Sungyeol asked him because Myungsoo was upset and didn’t talk to him for two days, the most horrible two days of his life because he loved being with Myungsoo, talk to him, play with him or just being with him, without saying anything, the two sitting next to each other.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo walked in silence to the school gate, where they parted.

"I’ll send you a message." Sungyeol said, before leaving

Myungsoo smiled and saw his best friend disappear down the street. He leaned to the wall and decided to wait for his brother, who left school two minutes later.

"Myungsoo hyung? What are you doing here? "Sungjong asked, confused

"I was waiting for you. Are you going home?" Myungsoo asked, looking at the newest

"Uhm...no. I'll meet with L.Joe hyung, he asked me to pass by his house." Sungjong said, forcing a smile

Lie. Myungsoo thought. Sungjong was lying and Myungsoo knew. It was because of these constant lies that Myungsoo was worried about his brother.

"Oh" Myungsoo said "Can I go? I have to talk with Chunji.”

"Huh…Chunji hyung won’t be there today." Sungjong said, a little nervous

Another lie.

"Wow! That is weird. Usually, those two are inseparable." Myungsoo said

"Uhm...this is because....he is preparing a surprise for Chunji hyung." Sungjong said, even more nervous "I have to go, hyung. Goodbye! "

Sungjong started running and Myungsoo sighed.

How long is he going to lie to Myungsoo? What is Sungjong doing? Is it something dangerous?

Myungsoo doesn’t know but he’ll find out.

 

The next day, Myungsoo woke early and decided to enjoy the beautiful day. He dressed and took his guitar.

Myungsoo came out of his room and saw Sungjong’s bedroom door open. He peeked and saw that his younger brother was still sleeping peacefully.

Yesterday, Sungjong had arrived home around 2 a.m. and went straight to his room, which was weird because Sungjong would always check if his brother was sleeping or not but Myungsoo decided to leave his questions for later.

Myungsoo went downstairs and left the house.

▬ - ▬

Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked at his watch.

10:30 a.m.

Wow! It was late. Well…usually Sunggyu got up around 7 a.m., so waking up at 10: 30 a.m. was a bit strange for him.

Sunggyu got up and dressed. He decided to walk around the streets of Seoul and enjoy his day off.

He took his wallet, keys and sunglasses and left the house. He walked quietly until the bus stop.

There was a girl, dressed in a short skirt and t-shirt. It was a lady sitting next to her, she looked at her as she shook her head in disapproval.

Sunggyu sighed and sat on the bench while listening to music on his mp3.

After a few minutes, the bus arrived and Sunggyu sat in the back seat, where no one would bother him.

▬ - ▬

Myungsoo sat at the bus stop and set his guitar down. He picked up his phone and decided to send a message to his best friend.

From: Myungsoo <3

To: Sungyeol

We can go to this coffee later?

Myungsoo put the phone in his pocket and picked up his guitar because the bus had just arrived. He entered the bus and went to back of the bus, where he saw a boy with headphones on his ears and sunglasses, sitting in one place near the window.

Myungsoo sat on the other side and looked out the window during the entire trip.

From: Sungyeol

To: Myungsoo <3

Sure (: But Hoya said he couldn’t come.  He and Dongwoo hyung will go to Busan in weekend.

From: Myungsoo <3

To: Sungyeol

Good: D Well...meet me in front of the cafe around 6 hours. Is it okay?

From: Sungyeol

To: Myungsoo <3

Yes! :D See you soon, Myung ^^

Myungsoo smiled. Sungyeol was a good friend. Myungsoo was very happy to meet someone so friendly and patient as Sungyeol because he knows it wasn’t easy for Sungyeol because Myungsoo didn’t trust in people and Sungyeol knew it very well but he still didn’t give up, he fought for him until Myungsoo decided to give an opportunity to Sungyeol and Myungsoo never regretted.

▬ - ▬

Sunggyu left the bus and started walking towards a cafe. He was still a bit tired and needed a refreshing drink.

At the cafe, he sat down at a table and a girl came to his table with a notepad in her hand.

"Good morning! What do you to drink or eat?" the girl said with a smile

"Hm...An orange juice, please." Sunggyu replied, quietly

"Ok! I will bring your order in a few minutes. " The girl said, letting Sunggyu alone

Sunggyu put his mp3 on the table and picked up his phone. He saw he had 3 missed calls from his manager, however, he decided he would call him later.

A few minutes later, the girl brought Sunggyu’s order. Sunggyu quietly sipped his drink while he appreciated people, who walked in the streets of Seoul.

When was the last time Sunggyu had a day off like this? When was the last time Sunggyu could rest, enjoy the view or just sit in the cafe and drink quietly?

Well...Sunggyu didn’t remember. The truth is that the only thing he remembered was that since he debuted, he rarely saw his family, only on Christmas and New Year, not even on his birthday he could be with them.

But, again, he couldn’t complain because this was the life he had chosen and besides, he couldn’t disappoint his father, because for the first time in his life, Sunggyu saw his father proud of him.

Sunggyu smiled a bit and drank some more of his drink, before putting money on the table and leave the coffee.

▬ - ▬

Myungsoo arrived at his usual place and sat on the bench.

Usually, on the weekends, Myungsoo played his guitar and sang during the morning to the people that were on the street.

Once, a woman wanted to give him money, but he refused, saying he only sang because he liked to do it and not for money.

Myungsoo began to sing and play guitar at the same time.

Some people, that were passing, looked at him, some smiled, others just looked and kept walking and other stopped and looked at him.

Myungsoo liked when people stopped to hear him sing because it meant they liked to hear it and at least some people recognize his talent.

And...

Myungsoo wanted to be a recognized singer.

▬ - ▬

The day went by in a flash and when Sunggyu first looked at his watch, it was already 5:00 p.m.

Sunggyu sighed and decided to walk a bit more, before heading back to the bus stop.

This was one of the best days of his life because no one recognized him, people treated him like a normal person, a stranger and he liked it because Sunggyu didn’t want to be anyone special, he wanted to have a normal life, he wanted to get out of the house and walk without having several people looking at him, without special treatment, without having to sign autographs, without being photographed, etc…

Sunggyu wanted to be a normal person.

Sunggyu continued walking until he heard someone singing. He saw some people near a garden and walked towards them.

When he approached, Sunggyu saw a boy singing while playing guitar. The boy's voice was so beautiful and very harmonious.

Sunggyu closed his eyes and enjoyed the most beautiful voice he had ever heard.

Woohyun's voice was so beautiful, however, while his voice was smooth and powerful, the boy's voice was calm and elegant - it was perfect.

When the boy finished, people applauded and one by one walked away, back to their normal lives.

Sunggyu was watching the boy.

Short brown hair. Bright and deep brown eyes. Well-built body. Thin and pink lips.

Perfect.

It was the first word that Sunggyu found to describe the boy, who was in front of him.

Sunggyu was so distracted that he didn’t notice the boy was about to go against him because Myungsoo had stumbled on his bag.

Sunggyu tried to grab the other boy, however, was too late, they fell to the ground, Myungsoo standing on top of Sunggyu.

Sunggyu's glasses fell on the floor and Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu, shocked

"K-Kim Sunggyu?"

Sunggyu didn’t know what to do. Myungsoo was about to speak again, and Sunggyu just had time to put his hand on Myungsoo’s mouth, preventing him from talking and looked at him, begging him not to say his name again.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong! :D

So…this is the first chapter. The story is going to be short, just 3-4 chapters. I really like this idea and I hope I can develop it well (:

*Sunbae refers to someone who's older and 'nim' is used to show respect - so 'sunbaenim' is basically used when a younger person talks about/greets someone older who they respect.

 

I hope you enjoyed!

Please subscribe and comment^^

 

Saranghaeyo!