EPILOGUE: Crystal Clear.

When You look at Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yuri felt as if he was about to lose his mind as he watched the girl he love for the longest time dying in front of him, while he can’t do anything but to stare at her helplessly. He waited for her for too long and he can’t afford to let her slip away.. He can’t.

 

Brain dead. That’s what the useless doctor told him and Tiffany’s father. He can’t still understand, aren’t doctors supposed to be saving lives? Who is he to tell that Tiffany can’t make it? She is still breathing…

 

“We found out that your daughter is an organ donor, Mr. Hwang. Have you considered this option?” the doctor asked the older man.

 

Yuri gritted his teeth; before he knew it he already charged forward and connects his hardened fist into the doctor’s jaw.

 

“YURI!” Mr. Hwang embraces him despite the shock.

 

“How dare you ask that question?! Where’s your conscience? My fiancée is still alive yet you want to mutilate her?! You bastard!” Yuri squirm desperately to beat the hell out of the obnoxious man, he wants to see him bleed as he break that useless head of his.

 

“Yuri enough!” Mr. Hwang said. “Doctor we are so sorry…  We will think about it”

 

The doctor rose up from the floor as he wiped his bleeding lips.. “I understand, I’m so sorry for your lost… but please think about this before midnight, Tiffany’s body might not make it till sunrise.”

 

“Get out your son of a—“Yuri was stopped when Mr. Hwang spoke.

 

‘If that’s the case I agree...”

 

Yuri look at the old man with confused eyes.. As if he never understood the two simple words that he utter.

 

The doctor nodded and spoke again but Yuri never bothers to listen. His eyes were locked to the girl that was lying almost lifeless in the hospital bed. Minutes pass when he felt the restrain loosen he slowly walks towards the bed. His tears fell when he touched the cold hands of the girl… His beautiful Tiffany badly bruised and broken… painful sobs escaped from his lips as he felt his chest tighten. “Tiffany please… don’t leave me.” He cried like a little boy as he kneeled by the bedside. He was so scared, for he cannot see the future anymore without her, he can’t lose her.

 

 

+++++++

 

 

Yuri walks like a walking dead on the hospital hallway, he doesn’t really know where to go.. He was so exhausted and pained that he cannot bare it anymore.  He prayed hard beside the girl he loves when suddenly Tiffany starts to convulse. He cannot stay in that room anymore, he ran away from her… out of the room with eyes drenched in tears.

 

He wants to drink… yeah… that will be better maybe he will be so drunk, enough for him to forget all of this. If he was lucky enough maybe he can make it to the roof top to jump and end his sorry life. If there is no Tiffany there will be no Yuri, the girl was his reason to live. He rather dies with her.

 

He felt the tears in his eyes threatening again when he finally reached the hospitals botanical garden. He wants to cry out loud when he heard a soft sound of violin cut in the silence of the place.  He looks ahead and saw her for the first time…

 

“Unnie,   I will never be as good as Luna” a little girl said as she dropped her little violin hopelessly as she pouted to the lady in white, calmly sitting in front of her.

 

The lady has her eyes close as she reached for the young girls face. “You don’t have to be as good as Luna, Krystal… you are great on your own way and that's what make you special” the girl said softly, Yuri can help but to listen as his legs bring him closer to where the girls are.

 

“Unnie…  Are you going to watch me in the recital?” the little girl asked but she quickly said “Sorry…”Which made their uninvited audience brow’s furrowed.

 

The lady gave chuckle.. ”Unnie will be there… I can’t watch you but I will listen with all my heart and clap for you when you finish.”

 

“Yey!” the younger girl squealed as she hug the lady’s neck and kiss her. “I promise Unnie, I will do my best!”

 

“I’m sure you will do well maknae..” the lady said as she wrapped her arms to the girl.. “Krystal… you need to change your clothes.. Your back is already wet, go to Nicole she probably back in the room now”

 

“Huh.. How about you Unnie?” the girl named Krystal asked.

 

“I will stay here…for a bit. I will follow you later, maknae”

 

“Okay!” the little girl with violin chirped as she pulled herself from the woman and neatly placed her violin to the case, soon enough the girl is already running towards the hospital.

 

A good two minutes pass when the girl tilts her head in his direction not really looking at him, but still it’s enough to Yuri to step back in surprise. “Dr. Han?” the lady asked.

 

Yuri looks at the girls face in awe, she looks so delicate and ethereal, and she oddly reminds him of the angel figurines that Tiffany was so fond to collect.. and by the thought of his lover his heart began to ache again.   “I-I’m sorry—“

 

“You’re not Dr. Han…“ The girl gave a faint smile but again she is not looking at Yuri. “Your voice was different”

 

“A-are you...”

 

“Yes I am blind.” The girl answered again even before he finished. “So… why are you here? Are you sick?”

 

“N-no..”

 

“You sound like you’re in pain.” the girl said solemnly without any trace of ill intention she just stated a fact.  She never spoke after that she even returned her head in her normal position.

 

Yuri just stayed rooted on his place as he watched the wind blows the girl’s long hair gently. . He just stayed like that for who knows how long.

 

“You can sit if you want… standing like that is uncomfortable.” The girl spoke again.

 

Yuri couldn’t even replied, he is sure that he was not suppose to be there… but he don’t know where to go either

 

 “You want to talk? I will listen…” the girl said softly..

 

“I-I can’t..”

 

The unknown girl sigh “It makes me feel better when I talk about the things that upsets me… it somehow make my feelings a little bit lighter.”

 

For some reason Yuri found himself sitting beside the blind stranger, telling her what he was going through, He told her about Tiffany who might be dead now as he speak for all he know. . and how he loves his fiancé so much. Strange as it seemed he was able to let out all the emotion that he was keeping inside him for days now.. His fear of losing the only girl she love, his sadness to see her suffer and his anger to his situation , all of it.. He was able to tell the girl who just listened in silence.

 

He didn’t even notice the time pass… he was silently crying beside the girl who was just looking ahead listening to the sound of his faint sobs.

 

“I’m sorry…” Yuri choked after he finally gets the will to stop.

 

The blind girl in white pulled a handkerchief from her skirt pocket, as she turned her slim body to Yuri’s direction..

 

Yuri was held stunned when he felt the light touch of the girl on his shoulder as her other hand him the piece of cloth for his tears. Her blank eyes were directed to his face and now he can clearly see the cloudy brown orbs that felt like piercing to his soul.  “Cry some more and mourn to your heart’s content. It sound cliché but she is going to a better place, somewhere that she can no longer be hurt… You should send her off, you will regret it if you don’t...”

 

Yuri locked his eyes to the angelic stranger, her solemn face was comforting. “I-I don’t know if I can do that..

 

The girl smiles faintly.. “I know you can” the girl said as she leap up and release her stick. “Let’s both go back inside it’s getting colder”

 

Yuri wasn't able to answer for a moment, the girl gracefully walked forward with the aid of her collapsible walking stick..

 

 "W-wait! I don’t know your name yet!" Yuri voiced out before the girl disappear from his sight..

 

**

 

 

In cold sweat Yuri woke up again in the middle of the night. He brushed his hair with his hands as he tries to calm himself. He guesses that it's going to be one of those nights that he cannot sleep again, he always stay up whenever he have a dream of her, for three years since she left he is always been that way.

 

His eyes slowly getting used to the darkness of his room, only the lights from the street lamp outside was illuminating the place in this starless night.  He turned his head left on his spacious room and his eyes catch the solitary painting lonely sitting in the floor, it was left un hung and untouched after  all these years.  Yuri lazily get off  his cold bed and the lights, he painfully tore his gaze from the artwork and instead walked towards his working table  on the other side of the room,  he opened the drawer and it  revealed a stack of unopened letters, some are returned and most of it was just unsent.

 

 He wrote it all for only one person, pathetically asking how she is and wishing her well… but that’s not really his intention, every single letter he wrote was asking for forgiveness and begging her to come back, along with the promise that he will change and that he will do everything to work things out.. But not a single letter was answered.

 

Funny how you see the importance of something you have, the moment you lost it… that’s exactly how he feels the moment he read her letter telling him goodbye.

 

He looked at his buzzing phone.. Someone is calling, he slowly answered the his phone and a familiar voice speaks..

 

“Jessica Jung is back in Seoul. “

 

+++++++

 

Bright lights and polished white granite floor was complementing the artistic feel inside the walls of Seoul Arts Center, people are busy roaming around the exhibit of a young Korean artist that made her name as the most sought after young artist in Paris.  The white walls were decorated with paintings hanging proudly in the modern hall.

 

“Your painting was very detailed Jessica ssi, everything is so defined… what makes this exhibit different from your previous exhibit in France?”  Taeyeon a young tycoon asked as he looked at the painting hanging on the wall.

 

The young artist dressed in white chiffon dress gave a sweet smile. “This exhibit is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter