D-Day

Your Calling

They got lucky. There was a CCTV in the park. And it had captured images of the night Junho and Wooyoung went missing. The cops managed to make out the outline of two bigger men, dragging something or someone from the van. Minjun, Taecyeon, Chansung and Nichkhun held their breath. The pictures weren't clear, but it was enough as an evidence to establish an offence. Later that day, a detective was called in. He was the best of the best, they heard, and he went by the name of Oh Jo Su. His attire was crisp, making him looked like he had seen worst days and his orders were firm. At one of JYP Entertainment's conference rooms, he set out a base to be used for his investigations. No one was allowed to leave or enter the building without proper identification. Those who were trainees or stars were given the highest priority of protection, and it made them restless, because security became tighter than ever. Minjun was one particular person. He couldn't sit still, knowing how much in danger his two dongsaengs were, but he knew that if he acted recklessly, it would hinder the investigation.

 

Frusrated and annoyed, he sat down quietly in their dance studio and tried to think of a way to help the police. Nothing came to mind though after an hour or so. Taecyeon asked him to join their practice, hoping that it could calm him down and clear his head.

 

Dance practice lasted for three hours that day before JYP and the detective suddenly interrupted it. Anxious to know the outcome of the case, the boys quickly diverted their attention to the detective, waiting for him to say something. But it was JYP who spoke first. "We found out the model of the car since the number plate was too difficult to identify."

 

The detective suddenly cut in. "Before we tell them anything, can we move to the conference room?"

 

JYP nodded his head slowly, and ushered the boys to follow him. They took the elevator next to the dance studio to the fifth floor, and inside the lift, the detective nothing also. he kept his eyes on the door, waiting for it to open. When they were finally on the fifth floor, he took them past a few dressing rooms, pass the conference room, much to the surprise of his followers, and into a dark storeroom where the props were kept. He didn't switch on the lights, but told everyone to stand still. And then he began, "You all must be curious on why I brought you here instead of the conference rooms."

 

"Yes, very curious. Is something wrong?" JYP asked, standing closer to the detective.

 

"Yes, I noticed something in all of the rooms except this room. A month back, the only person who held the key to this room was Minjae and he was not around in the building at the time. I asked him about the people who had the privileges to certain rooms, and he said that the prop rooms were only given to him and another manager, including you, Mr. Jin Young."

 

"I rarely come in the props rooms. Anyway, what's wrong with all the other rooms?"

 

"There're additional cameras installed within alls the CCTVs in the whole building which I came to notice when I was checking out the CCTV inside the conference room. I wanted to see if it had any flaws. That was when I noticed something odd. The captors found a way to monitor activites in the company without being suspicious. So far, I am not sure if all the surveillance cameras in the building contained an additional camera. There are too many CCTVs. I thought that if I check the guards room and try to identify any abonormalities, at the very least I could tell which cameras had been tampered with. But I found none unfortunately. I do KNOW for the fact that the cameras in the prop rooms were untouched because there were no spare keys in JYP's office. The keys were with Minjae and another manager. Both of them were not in the company one month back. I managed to obtain Minjae's key to this room after he had given me the green light. This would be a safe place to discuss my findings."

 

Everyone else were shocked with his explanation. Cameras within cameras! Someone had been watching them the whole time. So this someone would know that they were looking for Junho and Wooyoung now. "How did they manage to install cameras in all the CCTVs?!" Taecyeon asked, with his eyes wide open. It was too dark to see anyone anyway.

 

"The unidentified person who was probably in charge of driving them off circulated the whole building before he left. I monitored all the CCTVs in the guards room. He was around for a week. That was enough time to install the cameras, and through the cameras, the captors could easily find out Wooyoung's and Junho's schedules. After all, Mr Jin Young mentioned to me that they were either at their dorm or in the company only for the last few months. As Mr Jin Young had informed earlier, the model of the car...it's imported definitely. The model came from Thailand." 

 

The boys gasped, shocked to hear the news. The detective nevertheless continued, "My men will be dispersed to carefully extract most of the hidden cameras in the building. There is no guarantee that there would be a clean sweep. Like I said, the amount of CCTVs in this building is tremendous. It would probably take a week, minimum. On the mean time, I will look into finding any police reports that are made on stolen cars. If not, I could check with the flight companies to see if anyone had seen the two boys on board of any flights."

 

The progress was a relief to the boys. At least the case was going somewhere now, instead of sitting down and wondering where Wooyoung and Junho could have been taken. But the thought of their bandmates being deported out of Korea worried them even more. Hopefully it was not true. 

 

______________________

 

The man sitting in front of the screens panicked for a moment when his targets disappeared, after the detective led them somewhere that was not within the sight of the cameras. That detective looked like he was out to ruin all the plans that were set in motion. "That cannot happen." The man said in a low voice. He snapped his fingers and someone appeared behind him.

 

"Get rid of that detective." He ordered in Thai. The person behind him simply bowed and left the building.

 

Unknown to them, Wooyoung had managed to free Junho's chains. Now he only needed a few more hours before his own chains were free. He had worked on those chains for weeks. There was nothing that could stop him. Meals came on time, and he began to divide more portion for Junho and less for himself. The younger boy was holding on to his life, his breathing becoming shallower by the day. The rattles on his chains woke him up one night, and he found Wooyoung working dilligently on it.

 

"Hyung...? How come you're awake?" His voice was soft, barely audible. But the deafening silence around them made it easy for Wooyoung to hear everything.

 

Wooyoung picked up the broken chain next to Junho's legs and showed the boy. Junho's eyes widened. He quickly sat up but the sudden pain on his sides stung him. The older boy quickly dropped the stone and attended to his dongsaeng. "Shh....lie down. Go to sleep. It's no use to rush. Once I'm done with my chains, and we finish our meals tomorrow, we can leave by nightfall. Please last for one more day. For me."

 

"Okay hyung." He was excited. The day they will escape was drawing near. With a happy heart, he continued his sleep, while Wooyoung finished off his own chains.

 

________________________