Game Plan

Your Calling

They stopped at a nearby petrol kiosk first because Nichan wanted to refill his car for the long day ahead. His Sedan was his prized baby. He had worked hard to earn it. To make sure that all of them get through this unscathed, he needed to prepare his car well. While everyone else was waiting inside, he dragged his little brother, Taec and Minjun out. There he laid out his plans. Chansung and Wooyoung waited inside the car, watching their hyungs curiously. There was a lot of expressions amongst the four faces, but the one who had the most expression was Nichkhun. Wooyoung first registered an intense determined look, but it turned into a frown minutes later. By the end of their discussion, his face was a mask of anger. Of course, Wooyoung didn't ask him why.

 

They drove to Woody's office building after that and parked at the back to avoid any unwanted attention. There, the team was separated, according to Nichan's plan. He informed everyone at the petrol station earlier to refrain from speaking out the plan in the car because he found something suspicious behind his rearview mirror. He didn't want to take it off though. This would give an impression to the bad guys that no one knows about the hidden camera. Woody would be thinking that the winning chances are still in his hands.

 

Taec and Nichan got down from the car and then commenced with the first step in of their improvised plans. Those guys should know by now that Taec and him would be in the building. Well, not anymore. Nichan whipped out his handphone and dialed the number of a friend he had not seen since his school days.

 

"Hey man, I've got a favor to ask. Can you bring some guys down now and help out?" He asked in Thai when the receiver end picked up.

 

"Now? I guess so, but it's kinda sudden. What favor?" The deep voice on the other end asked.

 

"You'll know when you get here. Do you know Woody?"

 

"Yeah. Heard of him."

 

"I'm going to send you an address to his office. Come down here by an hour."

 

"Sure. How many guys do you need?"

 

"Many. The more the merrier. Just like old times, pal."

 

"Yeah." And then the call ended. Nichan sent the address over. They waited at a hawker stall nearby for his friends to arrive after. An hour later, a group of men came in a convoy of three cars, all fifteen of them. The mean streak across their faces meant they were not just there for a casual meeting. These guys did nasty stuff for a living, the mafias of the Thai world. Only very few people were brave enough to deal with them, and Nichan was one of the few. The leader of this gang was his best friend from high school. An odd pair, but they suited each other's credibility. Nichan got his friend famous enough to form a group and in return, his friend protected his back.

 

"It's been ages!" Nichan started, approaching his best friend before embracing the guy. The said guy embraced back, looking happy to see Nichan. "You've become handsome, damn you."

 

"The entertainment world beckons me. Anyway, thanks for coming. Sit down. I've got to talk to you. Oh yeah, forgot to introduce you to Ok Taecyeon. He's from the group 2PM. Heard of them? Famous guys. My little brother's one of them."

 

"Well, I don't know them for their music and I've kept my eyes open. You never know when you would need all the knowledge you get, especially when you realize a gun is pointing at you." His best friend answered, teasingly. But Nichan knew better than to think of it as a tease. He turned to Teacyeon and spoke in English, "This here is my friend, Jeom. We go way back in high school. He'll be helping us out."

 

Taecyeon flashed his toothy smile as he got up to shake Jeom's hands. "Nice to meet you." He greeted in English, wondering if the guy understood English too. It would be awkward if he don't. Taecyeon might never be able to say a word. But the guy surprised him by greeting back in English, eventhough there was an accent inserted. "Good meeting you. Well, let's get down to business." The three of them sat down at the same table again and began to discuss Nichan's plan in detail.

 

_____________________________

 

One hour away from where Taecyeon and Nichan were, the other team was just about to arrive in Bangkok's meat market. Getting a good parking was difficult. There was too many people around. Nichkhun decided this was the best time to begin their plan. "Well, we're here. At the meat market." Wooyoung noticed that Nichkhun's voice pitch went a tad too high when he said 'meat'. But maybe it was just his imagination. He didn't notice the knowing nod between Minjun and Nichkhun, but Chansung did.

 

"What the plan, hyung?" He asked Minjun.

 

"The plan is to ask around. I go with Wooyoung and you go with Minjun." Nickhun replied instead. This was partly true, but it was too dangerous to tell Chansung the whole plan in the car. The maknae would have to wait. "The rendezvous point will be here. Be back in thirty minutes. Sharp."

 

He gave Minjun a wink and after that, they were out of the car and on their way to start the mission. Wooyoung must never know of the real plan. It was the only way they could make sure it remained genuine, because the biggest part of the plan was something Nichkhun hated to the core of his guts. It was to use him as a bait to bring them to Woody.

 

___________________________

 

Team A: Taecyeon and Nichan

 

After a thorough discussion, an agreement was reached. Eight men will follow Nichan and infiltrate the office building. He knew that Taecyeon would not be able to do anything there. The document they needed, whatever it  was, would probably be written in Thai. Jeom sent one of his men to find out the whereabouts of Woody's house. It took the guy fifteen minutes to provide them a full report of where the mansion is and how long it would take to reach it. Taecyeon then joined Jeom and the remaining of his crew to the mansion, where they would remain on standby for Woody to appear. Jeom warned Nichan of a possibility in getting into fights, but Nichan simply smiled

 

The plan was flowing smoothly so far, so Nichan called his little brother to check on the second team.

 

Team B: Nichkhun and Wooyoung

 

The two of them inquired around for information, but Nichkhun knew they didn't need to be there. He knew that Nichan had friends who could give them all the information they needed. But there was still no way any of them would just walk in blindly without a plan. Using Wooyoung was probably the only idea Nichkhun would not have thought of, but his brother's words made sense. Damn him.

 

"He needs to be taken again. If we just storm in the storehouse, Junho may get killed. If we want to play the game, we have to be the innocent lambs, or else we get nothing. Woody thinks he's winning, but actually we got the upper hand for now. I have a friend who could tell us everything. He's part of the underworld society. Remember Jeom?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Here's the plan. Taec and I will not search through his office together. I will get a few guys to go with me. They will distract the people in the building, creating havoc, possibly getting into fights while I search through the building. Of course, Woody would think that Taec is still with me. This big guy here will go with Jeom to Woody's mansion and wait there for Woody to appear. They'll be the ambush team."

 

"How would Jeom know that Woody will be at home? In fact, how would you even know that Jeom would be available to help? You haven't even called him."

 

"They'll know and he'll be there. I don't need permission to call him and I know he'll come running no matter where he is."  The confidence in his tone was irritating, and Nichkhun snorted. "Anyway, as for you, the plan will stay. Those guys know that you'll be in the market area with Wooyoung. But what they don't know is that one of you will be sticking a tracking device on him. He must never know about this plan. We need to keep it genuine."

 

"And where on earth do you expect us to get a tracking device?"

 

"I know an old lady who has a pawn shop near the market area. She'll give you the device if you mention my name."

 

"As much as I want to ask you how in the world you could come to know such a lady, I won't. I swear you spend too much time in Thailand. You should visit the world more often." Nichkhun said, rolling his eyes.

 

"I belong here, silly. Minjun, Taec, do you guys get the plan?" Minjun and Taec nodded their heads in unison, wondering if this would work. If it doesn't, they'll all be doomed, so they prayed that it would. "Good, then we're set to go. Someone tell Chansung later. But NOT in the car, do you understand? Ignore the little device behind the rearview mirror and just talk about the things you guys usually talk about. Once they have Wooyoung, then you can start to follow them. The best place to put the tracking device would be in his jeans pocket. It's tight, so chances of it falling off will be little."

 

"Why do I have a feeling you've been one too many action movies, bro?"

 

"I'm a big boy. I can watch action movies anytime I want." Nichan replied defensively, causing Nichkhun to chuckle softly.

 

"Anyway, I guess there's no putting off the whole 'let Wooyoung be kidnapped again' thing.'

 

His anger was on the verge of eruption when Nichan insisted that there was no other way. But it didn't erupt. He managed to control it. The idea of using Wooyoung really REALLY broke his heart, but GODDAMN, why does the plan work?! It was the perfect plan, and he hated it. As Wooyoung and him strolled along the busy marketplace, asking the various meat butchers where all the meats came from, his phone rang. He whipped it out from his pocket and saw his brother's picture on the screen. "Hello?"

 

"Hey, how's everything?"

 

Nichkhun lowered down his voice so that Wooyoung could not hear him, but his eyes never strayed from the younger boy. Wooyoung was looking around curiously at the moment. He didn't notice that Nichkhun was on the phone. "Everything's fine. Minjun-hyung and Chansung went to get the tracking device. We're supposed to rendezvous back to the car in about ten minutes time to install the device."

 

"Good to hear that. I'm in the building now. The mess in the lobby was...well, terrible. These guys really know how to fight. So far I haven't encountered any trouble. A few harmless secretaries simply ran away when they saw me. Oh, the lift is here. Well, see you later, Khun. Be careful."

 

"Ok." He stopped the call and focused his full attention on Wooyoung. It was time to return to the car soon. "Baby, let's go back for now. Maybe Minjun and Chansung found something."

 

 Woyooung nodded his head and followed Nichkhun back. Their hands were intertwined as they walked and Nichkhun was gripping the younger boy's hand so tight as if he was holding on for dear life. He probably was, seeming how his life was going to turn upside down once again when he finally allowed Wooyoung to be taken. He took a deep breath and steadied himself. The car was within sight now and Minjun noticed them.

 

Just as they were nearing each other, a group of men in black suits suddenly appeared. Nichkhun reflexively swerved Wooyoung around to stand behind him as he faced the men head-on. They looked mean from the outset, but they were probably nastier inside. Minjun and Chansung hurried towards them, readying themselves for what they knew was about to ensue. "When I give the signal...." Nichkhun whispered towards his hyung, and Minjun simply nodded in response. One of his hands held the tracking device and it was snaking towards Wooyoung's hips. The younger boy jolted in surprise when his hyung suddenly placed a hand inside one of his pockets. "Don't fret, youngie. I was just making sure you're not trembling." He cleverly said, thinking he could have made a better excuse. Wooyoung snorted in return.

 

That was when Nichkhun said, "Now...." and all four of them rushed forward to attack.

 

_______________________