Chapter 4

I Promise

 

Chapter 4:

I smiled and blushed immediately. Of course Heechul had jumped to that conclusion. Leave it to him to make anything erted. I saw Hyukkie blush out of the corner of my eye and grabbed his hand while some of the other members gathered in the kitchen with us.

"Wait who did what?!" Kyuhyun practically jumped into the room, wearing that evil smirk on his face, ready to gossip and plan evil things. Not surprising.

"They got freaky last night!" Heechul said, nodding his head in our direction. Everyone in the room turned and stared at us in awe, only making us blush even harder.

Their eyes traveled to our intertwined hands and they all wore the Kyuhyun smirk, obviously automatically thinking the Heechul way - dirty.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Calm down, guys. We didn't get that far…"

I was cut off as Hyuk squeezed my shoulder, his whispered "Yet," only for my ears. I blushed even harder, if that was even possible. At least I knew he wasn't afraid to be with me in that way, either. The both of us had always been awkward on that subject.

The whole room sighed. "Oh well," Heechul and Kyuhyun said simultaneously, both for different reasons, of course.

Sungmin skipped into the room, his soft pink shirt reflecting his obviously good mood. "I heard everything from my room!" he said cheerily, coming over to us and wrapping us into his warm embrace. I had to admit, Sungmin was adorable. Not much compared to my perfect monkey, but he was the aegyo king, after all, and he seemed to be the only one who hadn't automatically had dirty thoughts about us so far.

He eagerly pulled out a chair from the small little table in our cramped kitchen and sat down, staring at us with his big brown eyes, giving us his full, completely undivided attention. "How'd it happen?! What happened?! Where did it happen?! I wanna know the details!" he practically shouted at us. He was like a little kid, this one. Adorable, yet impatient.

"Minnie, they literally just walked in the door," Kyuhyun said, sitting on Sungmin's seat with him, his arms and legs wrapping around Sungmin lovingly. "Give them a little time to, you know, breathe."

Sungmin giggled. "Oh, fine, but I want everything later," he said, pouting slightly. Kyuhyun smiled and placed a gentle kiss on Sungmin's lips before the two of them snuck off to their bedroom to do who knows what. Oh wait, I know what! We'll just leave that at that...

The members eventually all left the kitchen, not before giving each of us a pat on the back and a congratulations. I knew I didn't have to worry.

As we left the kitchen to head to our shared bedroom, we tried not to laugh at Leeteuk still standing frozen in shock behind us.

Everything about cuddling with him just felt right. My back on his chest, his breathing lifting me up, lowering me down, softly, gently, perfectly. My head rested on his neck once again, and his finger kept running itself gently up and down my arm, only relaxing me into him even more. The silence was beautiful.

After a while, I felt him stir and sat us as he stood. I immediately felt a loss, like a part of me was missing, just by not having contact with him.

"I'll be right back," he said, grabbing his sweatshirt before placing a lingering kiss on my lips and heading slowly for the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked him, not wanting him to leave. Without giving me an answer, he gave me a trustworthy smile and slipped out of the room.

Of course, literally not even ten seconds after the door closed, it was opened again by - DUN DUH DUH DAHH! Surprise! - Sungmin, asking for the details of Eunhyuk and my night once again.

"I snuck away from Kyu," he whispered evilly. "After we…"hung out" for a little while, he fell asleep so I snuck away, heehee!"

I smiled. "The evil maknae is rubbing off on you!" I shouted, nudging his shoulder, making him giggle some more.

Eventually, his aegyo got the best of me, and I spilled everything to him about our night together. He definitely didn't expect it to start with Hyukkie drowning.

I also mentioned that we went swimming, but I left it at that. I didn't want to give our special spot away.

When I was finally finished, ending at our surprise kiss for Leeteuk, Sungmin squealed and bounced up and down, sitting crisscross on the bed. It was nice to have a friend like Sungmin.

I heard something muffle against the door and watched Eunhyuk return to the room from wherever it is that he went. He was laughing adorably, making it obvious he had been listening through the door. Great. So he'd heard me gossiping about how perfect he was. His laugh was so perfect, though, it made me want to kiss him right then and there!

"How long have you been there?" I asked as he kissed my cheek. I saw Sungmin sneaking away, giving me a smirk and a thumbs-up before closing the door, leaving me and Hyuk alone again.

"Long enough," he answered, leaning down so he was next to me.

"So where'd you go, baby? I missed you," I said, slowly running my finger up his arm. He smiled, and then I realized he was holding something behind his back. He pulled it around and show me a flat both that looked like it could only hold a few small pieces of paper the size of my hands.

"Open it," he insisted, and I couldn't resist. I open it and teared up in joy over the sight. It was a picture of the heart I'd traced in the sand the night before, with our initials and everything. Then a picture of himself, obviously just taken right now, making a heart shape with his hands. It took me a moment to notice that one hand had "My" and the other hand had "Donghae" written on it.

"Oh…oh my God. Hyukkie, you are so perfect," I said before capturing his lips in mine, no longer able to hold back my love.

It was still only one of our first few kisses, but I couldn't resist, poking out, asking for entrance. His lips parted, and my tongue gently explored his sweet cavern of a mouth. It wasn't sloppy or disgusting, it was just slow and gently, just the way it should be. I didn't want to overdo it or ruin it, especially not right then.

It just felt so right as his soft, warm tongue invaded through my lips and felt its way around my mouth, familiarizing itself with the shape, taste, everything that was me. Just everything about this felt right in every way.

I made a promise to myself right then that I must get my Hyukkie something he can have forever, just like these pictures that I will always keep in my heart.