Prologue: 別說沒愛過 Don't Say We Never Fell in Love

An Array of Shining Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Se Hun’s here!”

 

A slender woman with short burgundy hair appear in the doorway. Kris sees the smirk on his older sister’s lips as her big, twinkling eyes stare past him, at their baby sister, Sydney. The girl in her early twenties has her long dark-brown hair up in a braid and she plays with the tail that is placed over her shoulder out of nervousness.

 

Kris exchanges excited glance with the woman with thick black hair standing by his side. Her doll-like face grins giddily before turning to Sydney.

 

His mother lets out a serene smile as she squeezes Sydney’s arm in a reassuring manner, “Syd, you need to relax. It will be fine.”

 

His older sister clucks her tongue at the doorway of the dining room and walks over to where their mother and Sydney are. She pulls Sydney up despite the younger’s reluctance and says, “Just meet this friend of Se Hun first before you decide anything, okay?”

 

Kris lets out a hum of agreement. “Paris is right, Syd. You never know, you might like him,” he offers, trying to ease his baby sister’s anxiety.

 

Sydney is turning 21 this year and since their father’s departure two years ago, she has become their mother’s main subject of worry given the fact that her eldest child, Paris, is happily married, and her sons are attached. Although, Se Hun has just been so recently.

 

Se Hun, the brat, is Kris’ mischievous and boisterous brother. Their younger sister, Sydney, is the complete opposite to him. She is rather shy and reserved around strangers, but she is adorable, caring, selfless and very humble. Kris has to admit her reticent personality is similar to his, while Paris and Se Hun are more similar to each other—though, Paris isn’t promiscuous like Se Hun, having grown up with her soulmate-now-turned-husband.

 

When Se Hun proposes the idea of introducing his friend (who is actually Lu Han’s high school friend, but since they are now an item and still in their honeymoon stage, their friends are each other’s basically—as Se Hun has claimed), their mum and elder sister persuaded Sydney to jump at the chance.

 

“It’s just a meeting after all,” the petite girl next to Kris says. “If you don’t like him, you can just stay as friends.”

 

“But, Phoe—” Sydney whines.

 

The sound of the front door being opened and a series of sounds and laughter fill the space in the living room.

 

“Let’s go!” Phoebe encourages, taking Sydney’s hand with her. Kris smiles at them and follows them out of the dining area.

 

Kris hopes that if the guy turns out to be a good man, Sydney would give him a chance. The thing is, sometimes his sister needs a push to take action. People say the youngest child in the family is usually the loudest, but that is not the case in his family—perhaps, it’s because the spotlight is usually stolen by Paris and Se Hun, the more dominant daughter and son.

 

When he enters the leaving room with his mother, they see six people there. The three women are standing in front of Lu Han, Se Hun and their friend, blocking Kris and his mother’s view of the man. Paris and Phoebe are already introducing themselves when they arrive behind them.

 

“-and here comes our mum and Kris, our brother,” he hears Paris taking charge of the situation, being the oldest child in the family.

 

Phoebe and Paris step away to let them see Sydney’s potential boyfriend. Phoebe is already giving Kris the look, as if saying, He is not bad! Let’s do this!, as she curls her hands around Kris’ arm.

 

The moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter