Hot Vanilla Latte

A Song of Hope

Cho Kyuhyun? Kyuhyun?” the person calling is more sounding as a question rather than a call. Feeling his full name was called Kyuhyun lifted his head towards the sound source.

Yoona?” only that which able to be spoken by Kyuhyun. Yoona just reply with a smile that it was able to warm the atmosphere in The Bittersweet Coffee Shop which started to cold. Either because the weather that is cloudy outside or because the chaotic heart of Cho Kyuhyun.

***

 

Hot Vanilla Latte

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWeagk5QFP9fFujsD8jvZ

 

 

"Surprised to see me here?" Yoona said as she walked over to Kyuhyun’s table, no, she is not sitting there. Kyuhyun was very sure that it’s so impossible that Yoona want to sit with him, but he thought it only as the wind blows.

"Yeah, tolerable," Kyuhyun replied in short. Either because he was too busy with his musical world or indeed because of his personality, Kyuhyun always became a very cool person when talking to the opposite gender, moreover to Yoona.

"But I was even more surprised when I saw that my papers are in your hands," said Yoona, still with her warm smiles. Of course Kyuhyun was surprised by the statements that were recently made ​​by this pretty girl.

"These all... yours?" Kyuhyun asked after successfully fight against his extremely astonishment. Long Kyuhyun pensively in his own thought and then he remembered the initials I.Y.A. which were written on those papers.

'Oh my God! Why did not I realize that I.Y.A. is the initials of Im Yoon Ah, Yoona’s full name,' thought Kyuhyun as cursing himself.

"Nde. Get shocked again?" Yoona said with a very friendly tone.

'She said she was more surprised than me, but why in fact was just the opposite?' Kyuhyun thought.

"Oh, here you go. Go ahead and take it back, there was one of this employee who find your papers left here who gave it to me," Kyuhyun said as he handed back the papers that apparently belongs to Yoona.

"I see, thank ya, fortunately the employee gave these to the right person," Yoona said as she put the papers into her bag.

'The right person? My hearing wasn’t wrong, was I?' Kyuhyun thought while amazed.

"That were definitely very important papers, you have to take a good care of that,” Kyuhyun said while override his previously thought about the-right-people thing which had spoken by Yoona.

"Well, that’s quite right. Where do you know that are important to me?" Yoona asked so innocently.

"If it was not important, why you have to come back here and look for the papers?" Kyuhyun said lightly while sipping his Hot Vanilla Latte that begins to cooling down.

"Yeah, you're right. Well, then I go ahead, nde. Once again thank you very much, Kyu Oppa," she said cheerfully.

"Don’t worry, it's not a big deal," Kyuhyun said with a faint smile that replied with a very sweet smile by Yoona. The girl was immediately rushed to leave Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun afterwards returned to his own papers on the table that haven’t yet he touch at all.

'Um... Why now I'm still stuck, huh? In fact, since yesterday I was intend to this cafe as soon as possible in order to get some inspirations. So, what should I do now?' Kyuhyun thought as he lamenting his papers.

"Can I sit here in a while? I guess the fortune was not in my side," said someone. Kyuhyun looked up only to find a girl who is full of surprises was came back in front of him.

"Oh, nde..." and a few seconds later Yoona was sitting face to face with Kyuhyun. Only the silence that being their dialogue that time until one time Yoona gives a question that could change their destiny.

"So why did you like write a song?"

Just a simple question like that, but Kyuhyun cannot answer. Long the silence clung on them. Yoona was busy observing the increasingly of the rain dropped water falling from the sky to the earth's surface, while Kyuhyun was still trying to focusing his thoughts to the papers that were in front of him. Then the sound of the heavy rain replaces their silence.

"Haah..." Yoona sighed while seeing the very heavy rain.

"Why?" a classic question that comes from Cho Kyuhyun’s mouth.

"I hate the rain," Yoona said softly.

"Why?" like a person who is stupid, Kyuhyun repeated his question.

"Because... I hate the sound of water droplets that fall to the ground that always hummed the melody of anxiety for all the creatures in the earth. I hate the rain because it always brings bad feeling to me. And maybe that bad feeling could happen today," Yoona said, restrained. Kyuhyun could see that Yoona's eyes filled with tears, but instead from there Kyuhyun understand that Yoona is a strong woman. The silence return to enveloped them.

"Drtt...Drtt...Drtt..." Yoona’s phone vibrates that indicates there is an incoming call. For a moment Yoona noticed the phone screen, there showed 'Sica Umma calling...', but Yoona still not pick up her ​​phone.

"Why you not answer?" Kyuhyun asked attentively.

"Please answer it, Oppa. Oppa do not need to speak a word to Umma, just pick it up," Yoona said then pushed her phone that was on the table approaching Kyuhyun and then shifted her gaze back outside this cafe. Observed the rainfall those are still dancing beautifully. After successfully overcoming his surprise at the request from the girl in front of him, finally Kyuhyun gently pressing the 'Answer' key and holding on Yoona’s phone near to his ear.

"Honey, you have to be strong... hiks... hiks... Minho-ah... hiks... now he is in peace with Appa... he... he... has done a very severe struggle for us both... hiks... so we have to accept it, my dear... Click!" and with that the call was hung up. How shocked Kyuhyun to hear the news that had just told by who seem like Yoona’s Mother.

'Minho? In peace with Appa? Does it mean...' Kyuhyun thought. Kyuhyun just keep silent and could not pull out even a single word until finally Yoona’s voice that broke the silence.

"I know, that bad feeling would actually happen today," she said quietly that looks like a muffled sadness. Kyuhyun could not see how is the expression of the back-length haired girl who still turns her attention to the outside cafe. Slowly and tentatively, Kyuhyun’s fingers who normally just strum the guitar strings, touching the white fingers that were droop on the table. It's cold. Her hand was cold that has no relation with the heavy rain out there. The girl turned slowly. It appears the former of water flowing down her beautiful cheeks, a sign she'd been crying. Kyuhyun stunned to see such a scene.

"Yoona," Kyuhyun said quietly, further he tightened his grip to Yoona. And suddenly that old feeling resurfaced in Kyuhyun’s heart. Sense of pounding that is unpleasant. There was no reply from the girl who now seems so fragile. They just exchanged a meaningful glance. Kyuhyun finally finish his sentence that had been suspended.

"You must be strong. You must brace yourself first before you strengthen Sica Umma. I know Minho and Appa would not be happy if see you vulnerable like this, believe me..." Kyuhyun said quietly that it actually sounded very clear in Yoona’s ears and heart. That's the thing that made ​​her could not stop admiring Kyuhyun and missed his caring. Yoona tried to smile faintly but the clear water droplets still falling from her eyes.

"I need a support," the only sentence that comes out from Yoona’s lips. There is a brief pause. They are busy with their own hearts.

"You know what? It turned out that my heart is very firm. It never opened the door again, but only to someone my heart was still willing to open and allow that person to rely on its owner. Destiny made ​​us meet. And because of this meeting, it made ​​me want to go back to be your side... Just like the old times," Kyuhyun said softly. Yoona immediately lifted her head to see Kyuhyun stare, but she just saw the eyes that full of love that she had always replay with the same eyes.

"I think from now on I will no longer avoiding Hot Vanilla Latte, I think I started to like it again and I think I'll come back to this cafe, again, again, and continue like that," Yoona said with tears coming down increasingly heavy in her cheeks. Then their hands intertwined tighter, just as they always hold on in the first time.

 ***

 

 


Hello Guys, I'am back! :D Jeongmal mianhamnida for my very very late update for this story, hope you still enjoying this story. If there is something you wanna say or ask just don't hesitate to comment, kay? I really look forward for your respond. If you like this story just subscribe or comment it to let me know your respond. That's all from me, I think there still some chapters until it reachs the final chapter, please look forward to my another update, nde? Jeongmal kamsahamnida!~~~ ^^