Neighbors Can Kill

He Who Changed My Life

 

It was February when Luhan first met Sehun. He had just moved into the neighborhood and on the first day became friends with Sehun. Although the first meeting wasn't great, they both knew it would make great memories in the future.
 
"Eomma, can I play outside!?"
"Sure, I'll just unpack all these heavy boxes by myself" Mrs.Han replied in a sarcastic tone
"Xie Xie Eomma! Wo ai ni!"
 
Luhan ran out the front door leaving his mom smiling to herself at how she couldn't get mad at Luhan no matter what he did. 
When Luhan was outside, he scanned his neighborhood. It was quiet. He hated this! Back in China, it was always loud and bright. There were kids always playing soccer or basketball and couples always giggling and having fun. Everyone would have an amazing day, everyday. He wasn't used to the quietness in this new area. He heard someone cough and whipped his head in the direction of the news.
 
"So your the newbie huh?" A beautiful boy with milky white skin asked.
"Yup! I'm new here! I used to live in China before! What's your name!?"
The boy stood up, glared at Luhan, scoffed and went into his house 
 
*Rude much!* Luhan thought.
 
A new reason why he hated his new area. In Beijing, new families were always welcomed with warm smiles and traditional food. Here, he was greeted with a scoff. How nice. He went back in his house seeing how hopeless his new neighborhood was. Between packing, someone knocked on the door of Luhan's new house. When he opened the door, he look up to see a beautiful young lady who had silky brown hair and soft looking white skin -- oh and that rude boy. 
 
"Is your mom home?" The lady asked.
"Uh, y-yeah she's home."
"Well is it okay if we come in then. We're your neighbors. I'm Mrs.Oh and this is my son Sehun!"
 
At that moment, Luhan's mom appeared and greeted them.
 
"Oh hello! Luhan! How rude! Why didn't you call them in!?"
 
The Oh's went in and sat in the living room. The only room in the house that was sorta clean.
 
While Mrs.Oh and Luhan's mom talked, Luhan invited Sehun to his room. He gave Luhan the same cold stare and sat on the bed like it was his own house. Luhan then got really mad! He just came here and he's acting like this!
 
"Listen here Sehun!" He spat "Last time I checked this isn't your house so would you kindly get off my bed and sit like a proper person!" He gritted his teeth.
 
"So, pretty boys get mad too huh?" He smirked.
 
"Unless you don't want me to kick you out of my house I think you should wipe that smirk of your ugly face!"
 
"My face -- UGLY!!" 
 
"YOU HEARD ME, IT'S UGLY!"
 
"COME HERE YOU! WATCH WHAT I DO!"
 
Sehun grabbed the nearest unpacked box and opened it revealing Luhan's clothes. He grabbed whatever he could and kept throwing them at Luhan.
 
"HEY MY CLOTHES!!" 
 
"You have horrible fashion sense!" Sehun said holding up light pink boxers and then throwing them at Luhan.
 
The boxers landed on Luhan's head making Sehun burst into laughter. Luhan stared at him trying to be mad, but when he saw himself, he couldn't help it and laughed so hard until tears came out!
 
"The names Sehun. Nice to meet you!" Sehun held his hand out and let out this beautiful smile. 
 
"Luhan" he said before exchanging the handshake.
 
In the next two weeks, Luhan and Sehun got to know each other more. Sehun learned Luhan loved singing and dancing and lived in China before and was older than him by four years which he could not believe at all! Luhan learned Sehun loved dancing and pulling pranks. What they both shared in common was drinking bubble tea. From that day, they promised each other to go drink bubble tea every Friday. And ever since they made the promise, they didn't even miss one bubble tea date.
 
In two weeks, school was staring again. Luhan and Sehun were both in elementary. Luhan in grade 8 and Sehun in grade 4. Sehun was not happy at all. Before Luhan came into his life, Sehun has no friends. He was a loner that would always sit alone during lunch and had no one to play with during recess. Students bullied him sometimes. Called him names, threw things at him and sometimes would take his lunch and eat it leaving Sehun starving a lot of times. That's what made Sehun so cold. He hated people because of that and hated going to school. He always wanted to move but because of his parents job, he couldn't. After Luhan moved near him, he was happy they didn't.
 
Luhan comforted Sehun and promised him he would never leave him. He promised even if they were in different grades and classes, he would hang out with Sehun no matter. Luhan promised himself to make sure Sehun gets over his fear of school and to make sure he makes friends other than himself.
 
On the first day of school, Luhan met two boys named Kris and Minseok and became friends with them immediately because of the same age. But that didn't stop him from hanging out with Sehun. In fact, Luhan was so surprised that Sehun actually made friends! A Korean boy named Jongin and a Chinese boy named Tao. Later on during the first week, Sehun. Jongin, Minseok and Luhan joined a dance club and they all became close. Kris joined a rap club with Tao and met Chanyeol and his best friend Baekhyun who could be mistaken for Kris's brother. Minseok  introduced his best friend Jongdae and his cousin Jummyeon. Jongin also introduced his best friend Kyungsoo. 
 
Sehun couldn't have been any happier. Within two weeks of school started, he made such awesome friends and they were already so close even though they were in different years! He thought his life was complete. He had a lot of friends he could trust and Luhan. Luhan changed Sehun's life in just two months of meeting him. He was happier, brighter and stronger. He loved his life now. Luhan was his best friend! 
 
When all the 11 boys entered high school, a boy named Yixing came. He was in Luhan's class. 
 
"Umm hi my name is Yixing, please take care of me!" Yixing said in a strong thick Korean accent
 
"Luhan, you're Chinese right? You can take Yixing around right?" The teacher asked.
 
He replied with a quiet yes and Yixing sat beside him. Luhan took Yixing around the school but it was really awkward. Luhan wasn't used to being with other people other than his other friends and Sehun. When lunch came, he left Yixing for his friends. Yixing was alone. He had no friend and sat alone. He looked at everyone laughing and having fun. He was lonely already. Sehun saw this and knew how Yixing must be feeling. He hated that feeling and knowing how horrible it was, he told Luhan to call the new boy to the table. Yixing awkwardly sat down, but in an hour, he was already laughing and smiling! He wasn't so awkward with Luhan anymore either! 
 
"Hey Luhan." Yixing called.
"Yeah?"
"Would you like to come to my house?"
 
Luhan, being the nice person he was didn't decline at all and accepted happily. At Yixing's house, he had the best time he's had in a long time! He ate Chinese traditional food and played the games he payed back in China. It was fun hanging out with Yixing he thought. 
 
During the next few weeks, everyone noticed Luhan was hanging out with Yixing more and more. He was smiling more than how he would when he was with Sehun. Everyone thought Luhan and Yixing were in love. What was more surprising was the fact that, for Yixing, Luhan canceled the bubble tea date they had! The bubble tea date! For 3 years straight, they never broke the promise of the dates! And all for one boy, Luhan broke the promise! This was the last straw for Sehun! He was depressed and Luhan didn't even notice this! He was to busy for Yixing! God damn it! Yixing, Yixing, Yixing was all Luhan talked about! It was annoying!! 
 
When it was graduation time, prom was coming up as well. When Yixing asked Luhan out to the dance and Luhan said yes, it was obvious they were together. Sehun was pissed! He was mad at Luhan for making fake promises! He was mad at himself for believing those promises! On weekends he wouldn't go out. He started drinking, smoking, anything that would help him get over this depression. It was to much that he would call girls over to his dorm almost every night. And of course, Luhan didn't notice. Did Luhan even have the right to say he was Sehun's best friend!?
 
On the day of the prom, everyone was happy. Everyone had someone for themselves. Kris and Tao, Jongin and Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun and Minseok and Jongdae. Junmyeon was happy with his girlfriend. But there was Sehun in the corner of the dance room watching everyone dance. He then spotted them. He spat when he say HIS face. Yixing that . And then what he saw next killed him inside. A kiss. Luhan was kissing Yixing. The love of his life was kissing another man and what was he doing!? He was quiet and that was it! He had it!L he hated Luhan! Heck he hated everyone!
 
He went to the bar section and had two drinks. And two became four and four became six. Sehun was drunk. He was vomiting! For the first time in four months did Luhan notice him. 
 
"Sehun what the are you doing!?"
 
He grabbed him and took them back to his dorm. He put Sehun on the bed but when he got up, Sehun grabbed him.
 
"Stay with me hyung! Please stay with me!" He said crying. His voice was desperate. He was desperate for Luhan.
 
Luhan lay down next to him and caressed his cheek and hair. 
 
"Hyung don't leave me! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!! I can't live without you!" He spoke once more.
 
Luhan stayed quiet. His face was emotionless. When Sehun fell asleep, he got up and left the dorm. Outside was Yixing waiting for him. He ran to him with open arms as those two made there way back to Yixing's dorm with passionate kisses. The kind and caring Luhan once Sehun knew was gone.
 
Sehun woke up around 3 am. Scanning his room thinking it was to good to be true that maybe, just maybe Luhan would've stayed. But no. He opened his drawer. The sleeping tablets were there. A whole bottle. They would help Sehun sleep at night when he was depressed, and now they were there to end Sehun's misery. He smiled, looking at the bottle before gulping the whole bottle down. And for the first time in a year, Sehun was happy. He was happy in another world.