Nothing

WANTED:WIFE (Hiatus)

 

 

Miles away from the press conference, Suzy turned off their television. Earlier this morning, her father excitedly told her about the news he read from the paper about Kim Myungsoo, one of Korea’s wealthiest bachelors, looking for a wife. Her father forced her to watch the press conference but she couldn’t take it anymore.. 

 

“Hey! I was waiting for that!” Mr. Bae shouted.

 

“Can you believe it?! While other people are working very hard, trying to find money, there he is, wasting money for this so called Wife Search. I hate those kind of people who waste their money!” she raged to her father.

 

Suzy became silent, thinking of the events happened these last few months. Six months ago, her father was fired from his job. Mr. Bae took it very seriously and because of the anxiety and stress, he experienced a . For two months he was in the hospital and all their savings were used. After he was released, medicine was still needed for the maintenance. Thankfully, they still have their small house because her father insisted not to sell it but their other expenses eventually emptied their pockets so Suzy decided to quit her graduate studies to find work.

 

Suzy was a Fine Arts graduate and was taking a graduate study through a scholarship. She would really like to continue but the meager scholarship allowance was not enough to sustain their family. It was hard to find a job for the degree she finished so she ended up working on part-time jobs like delivering newspaper every morning, a waitress during the day and a clerk in a convenience during the night. 

 

“He has money to spare. Just imagine how lucky his wife will be." Mr. Bae said, pulling her out of her reverie. " The mansions, cars, jewelries… Not only his wife but his in-laws will benefit…” Mr. Bae did not finished what he was talking about. His mind was somewhere else, daydreaming.

 

“Oh! No. No. No. No. I know what you’re thinking. Don’t even try it!” Suzy walked out of the room leaving her father looking at the turned off television, smiling very oddly.

 

 


 

Hello there! Sorry for this short update.

Thank you for reading!

 

 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!