Everything

WANTED:WIFE (Hiatus)

 

Myungsoo has everything that life could offer except for one. He didn't have anyone to share it with. At a very young age, he was orphaned and was adopted by his grandfather. Myungsoo was not treated badly but neither was he loved. His grandfather was a very strict man and at the age of ten, he undergone a training to become an heir to the electronics company they own. Although all he could remember about his grandfather was when he took him in, it was still a big loss to Myungsoo when he died. He was his only family but in the end, his grandfather also left him in this world. Myungsoo might have taken over the company and have expanded it over the years but all this accomplishments were in vain without someone he could share it with.

 

Thus, on the night after receiving his award as the ‘Best Entrepreneur of the Year’, Myungsoo had the craziest idea. He opened his laptop and emailed a friend of his, an editor of a newspaper.

 

‘Hoya! This is Kim Myungsoo. I want you to do me a favor. Can you put an ad for me on the newspaper? Just write that I’m looking for a wife. Thanks!’

 

After sending the message, he went to sleep peacefully  but when he woke up, there was a commotion outside his room.

 

“I don’t care if he’s still sleeping! Let me go inside!” said an angry man outside his room.

 

Myungsoo immediately recognized the voice. It was his secretary and personal assistant. So, he got up and opened his door. The scene outside was quite chaotic than he expected. His poor secretary/assistant was held by two maids at his sides while he was arguing with the butler in front. The shouting and struggling were eventually stopped when they finally noticed Myungsoo watching them.

 

Annoyed because of the noise at this hour, Myungsoo said, “What’s the problem? I was sleeping.”

 

“What’s the problem?! What’s the problem?!" the secretary/assistant asked like he could not believe what Myungsoo was saying.  "YOU ARE!” he shouted.

 

He then pushed Myungsoo inside the bedroom and locked it.

 

“Oh! I can’t believe that you did this. The press will have a field day about you!” he continued to lecture while giving Myungsoo the newspaper.

 

On the newspaper’s front page, written in very big bold letters was…

 

 ‘MILLIONAIRE LOOKING FOR A WIFE!’ see page 3

 

Myungsoo turned the paper to page 3 and read the article.

 

Yesterday, Mr. Kim Myungsoo attended an event where he received an award for “Best Entrepreneur of the Year’. But apparently, he is not content with the award and now looking for a wife. Last evening, this newspaper received an email from our lonely bachelor asking us for an advertisement to help him find a wife. If you want to apply just send your credentials to …

 

Myungsoo did not finish reading the newspaper and threw it on the floor. Yes, he remembered last evening and tried to explain. “Mr. Lee…”

 

“Oh no, you don’t! Don’t even try explaining. You’re going to give me a heart attack!” Mr. Lee, his secretary/personal assistant, shouted.

 

“I remember doing it. But it was on a spur of the moment. I didn’t give it much thought. I’ll contact Hoya right away.”

 

“Yes, do that. And also, I’ve already arranged a press conference this morning. If the reporters asked you why you did this, tell them that it was a joke that your friend took seriously. Oh! Planning this damage control is hurting my head,” Mr. Lee put his hand on his forehead. “I’ll be preparing a speech and you just have to read it in front. Go ahead and prepare yourself. We’ll be leaving after you’ve finished.”

 

Exactly an hour later, Myungsoo was standing on a podium, flashes of cameras were everywhere, reporters shouting their questions to him. He cleared his throat and stepped forward to the microphone.

 

“Good morning everyone. I’m here to clarify the issue about me looking for a wife…”

 


 

Hello there! How was it for first chapter?

Hope you'll like it.

 

Thank you for reading!

 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!