Abandoned Skateboard

Heart of A Friend

 

Abandoned Skateboard

chapter # 2


 

Aehyun was walking through the lobby when she heard people stood next to lockers whispering—or merely gossiping. Aehyun bowed her head down, to minimize her nervousness. This wasn’t her first day anymore but the feelings and afraid of being rejected still lingered in her mind. She never liked the idea of talking about people behind their back, whether it was talking about the good or badmouthing, Aehyun still didn’t like it.

Badmouthing, or gossiping was the first step before bullying started. It was what Aehyun understand the most.

“Good morning,” greeted someone.

Aehyun looked up. Hyunsik smiled widely, but Aehyun couldn’t reply his smile. She got her head down again, and ran to her desk immediately. Hyunsik shrugged, it was his first time to be ignored.

At the same time, Changsub rubbed his neck, walking into the class lazily. As soon as his eyes found Aehyun was already sat on her desk, Changsub put down his backpack and took a paper from it.

“We are going to have this topic for our assignment,” said Changsub, handed the paper to the girl. The latter gasped, after she read the headline of the article printed on the paper.

Changsub furrowed his eyebrows, “What’s wrong?”

Aehyun shook her head. Changsub added, “It was a hot topic nowadays, and I think it would be great if we take that, Teacher Kim loves something related to psychology and current issue in society.”

The girl didn’t reply.

Changsub sighed, “Well, if you don’t mind. It is for team assignment anyway, so you have the rights to say no or offering another topic.”

Aehyun cleared , “No, the topic is fine,”

She was trying her best to read sentence by sentence of the article. It was about ual harassment and . Traumatic and bully things came into the article and being a part of the side effect of ual harassment and . Aehyun let another sigh out.

Changsub was still eyeing on her.

“So she is a kind of girl that you like,” a voice from Changsub’s back made him grinned. That was Hyunsik—who else.

Changsub ignored him, and put out the skateboard from his backpack which was unbelievable be there. He walked out of the class; leaving Hyunsik who still chuckled. Changsub was going to skip the first class, it was Math and he didn’t feel like counting anything or being puzzled by the formulas that have no end.

 

 

<<      >>

 

 

Aehyun took a glance to Changsub’s desk, but he wasn’t there. She looked around, but she couldn’t find him anywhere. He skipped the class, concluded her. She let a deep sigh out before she jotted down the notes from white board to her book.

“It is his hobby, don’t worry, he will back at 9,” said Hyunsik softly.

Aehyun looked up, confused. She didn’t realize that Hyunsik actually was talking to her until she found Hyunsik’s eyes were on her. Hyunsik giggled, “I was talking about Changsub.”

“Oh.”

“Your name is Aehyun, right?” asked Hyunsik.

The girl nodded.

“He likes to skip the first class. If you wonder where he is now, probably he is on the school rooftop,” added Hyunsik, smiled. Before Aehyun could give any respond, Hyunsik turned his focus to the class, so she held her words back.

Rooftop, murmured Aehyun.

First class dismissed without homework to do, but it was pretty hard since Teacher Lee pointed some students to solve the equation he wrote on the board and who couldn’t solve it would get minus score. Fortunately Aehyun didn’t get picked today. That girl stood up, she needed to fix her hair because she scratched her head too much this morning, she must be looked like a lion.

Aehyun slowly opened the door fo the stall, she didn’t used to use the big mirror so she just entered the toilet stall. Just a minute after she got in, she heard people rushed to come.  

“I heard Changsub has a crush on a girl,”

“Like wow finally, after a year rumoured to be a gay,”

Aehyun gasped heard the second speaker. She never thought that this kind of rumour she would heard about Changsub. Aehyun held her breath.

“But I don’t think that Changsub really has a crush on her,”

“Why?”

“Remember last year fight between him and Hyunsik? Don’t you think it was a bit strange since Hyunsik is always nice to everyone but so suddenly he had a fight with Changsub. Perhaps it was because Hyunsik realized that Changsub is a gay and Hyunsik afraid if that gay person will like him. Maybe Changsub is really a gay.”

“What a pity, he looks fine with his skateboard, though,”

“Who? Changsub? Are you kidding me, he looks hot when he plays his drum. If only he is straight, I might be ended up liking him,”

“Sure.”

Not long after that conversation, those people left the toilet. Aehyun let another deep sigh and rolled her eyes, “Toilet is a dangerous place, I swear.”

Aehyun walked out from toilet stall and bumped into someone who walked too fast and both of them fell into floor in the same time. That someone rubbed his elbow which hit the floor and the girl tried to get up.

“Sor—eh,” Aehyun stopped her word.

That person smirked, “Next time, use your eyes properly.”

“Sorry.”

 

 

<<      >>

 

 

Library at 1 p.m wasn’t that bad, but Changsub felt uncomfortable. Since Aehyun kept her head bowed down and just nod every time he asked something about the article.

“Gah, what do you really want?” asked Changsub, lost his patience.

Aehyun blinked, “W-what?”

“You made me feel like I’m going to kidnap you, or hurt you or whatsoever in your mind right now. Stop staring me with those eyes, that’s offensive, you know,” Changsub grinned.

“Sorry.”

Changsub let another sigh out, handed her his paper, “Read this, and give me your opinion.”

Aehyun wished she could say no, but she read it anyway. Changsub started his opinion with why was ual harassment probably happened, where was it could be, and who was the most targetted victims. Aehyun’s heart beat so fast—she understood the reason why she was being like that.

Changsub lifted one of his eyebrows, “The bad thing could happen is phsycologic problem to the victim, bullying action from the society, even worse if they ended up committing suicide.”

“We can’t blame them.”

“Them?”

“The victims.”

“But life is a choice. To survive with the condition or to get beaten up by the reality,” said Changsub with his opinion. Aehyun shook her head, “Do you think that was their will? Got bullied wasn’t an easy thing, Changsub-ssi.”

“I know. But committing suicide is a stupid thing to solve the problem.”

“What? Stupid thing? You don’t know how hard they’ve tried to survive with all the hurtful things and how people seemed not care—everything is fake!” Aehyun put a higher note to her voice.

Changsub hissed, “Don’t they have family? If they die of committing suicide, do you think the family won’t be sad?”

“You don’t understand!”

“Why are you so persisting? It’s not you, anyway,” asked Changsub. Aehyun groaned, “Tsk. It’s not your family who is the victim and committing suicide either.”

Changsub leaned his back, refused to against the girl’s last sentence. He rolled his eyes; the assignment was harder than he thought so. Until Aehyun shook her head, “I disagree with your opinion about committing suicide, but the rests are fine.”

“I’ll combine your opinion into this. Those arguments are quite good to be explained in this paper. Can you tell me more about it?” asked Changsub.

The latter curved a slight smile, “Of course.”

 

 

<<         >>

 

 

“Everything will be okay, Aehyun. Trust me, everything will be okay,” Aehyun murmured to herself. Walking alone was never the good idea, and somehow it freakened her off. All things settled away, till two black pearl of her eyes found out some guys walking from the opposite way of hers.

Aehyun bit her lower lip. She cursed herself. Those guy actually seemed okay, but for Aehyun—people in a gang would never be okay. One of them smirked to her. She cleared , squeezing both of her hands. She wanted to disappear from that place as quickly as she could. She wanted to skip that time. She regretted it a lot, refused Changsub’s offer to walk her home.

Those boys walked closer; as the girl slowly stopped her step and closed her eyes. She prayed with all those prayers on her silent. One of them—the one who smirked to him—touched her shoulder, Aehyun jumped off shock.

She screamed, as loud as she could. She didn’t want that happen. Not again.

At that time, someone came—abandoned his skateboard—fetching her fallen body.

 

 


how was this chapter? lame? ouo

comment & subscribe! <3