Friend

Heart of A Friend

Friend

chapter # 3


 

 

“Told you so.”

He grinned his teeth while helping her to get up properly. She stumbled, he ped his backpack, took a bottle of water and gave it to her, “Drink first.”

Changsub let another long sigh out; he let her sat in the bench at the park not so far from the place before. Her hands were quivering, and Changsub continuously rubbed her back to make her feel better. Her eyes started to watery, as she bowed down her head.

“It’s okay,” said Changsub softly.

She didn’t reply. Changsub got up to find something—maybe something sweet like ice cream or some smoothie—when Aehyun pulled his jacket and made him stopped.

“Don’t go.”

“It’s fine, I’m going to buy something for you. Look, the store isn’t that far. Just a minute, okay?” Changsub looked at her while pointing a store across the street. She shook her head, disagree.

Changsub nodded, “Okay. Let’s just go home. I walk you home.”

They walked next to each other in a silent. The only sound that could be hear was their footstep. Changsub bit his lips, “Are you okay?”

No reply.

“I’m going to tell the class that you’re sick if you feel unwell,” added him. The latter still didn’t open . Changsub whispered, “I’m sorry I couldn’t make you feel better, but trust me, everything will be fine. I won’t tell anyone about today. It’s our secret, you can fire me up if I brag this thing to people.”

Aehyun sighed, “I’m okay.”

“Glad to hear that.”

“Changsub-ssi.”

“How about your skateboard? Isn’t it broke because you threw it to help me?” asked her, softly.

Changsub smirked, “I would feel like a bastard if I didn’t help you. Don’t worry about my skateboard. I can fix it.”

 

 

<<                >>

 

 

The mother put the chopsticks and spoons on the table, she just finished cooking for dinner when her son came home. He looked tired and threw his bag randomly on the sofa, and leaned his back.

“Is there something happened?” asked the mother.

Changsub shook his head, “Nope. Mum, what did you cook today?”

“Your favorites. Go wash your hands and come here,” said the mother, smiled while put the hot pot on the table. Changsub nodded, got up and turned the water tap.

He passed a room—a very quiet room. He let another sigh out. Today was an ordinary day for him if only he didn’t caught some guys ganged up on Aehyun. Changsub washed his face with the facial foam; he looked at the reflection of himself on the mirror.

“Are you okay?” the mother came up and Changsub forced a smile, “Just too tired. I’m fine. Let’s eat.” He grabbed his mother’s arm and walked to the dining room.

Changsub was being quiet and his mother found it suspicious, she handed him a mug of coffee, “Why don’t you drink some of this? I believe it will help.”

“Mum, is she happy now?” asked Changsub after he got the mug.

The mother didn’t give the quick respond, she put the spoon on the table and stopped chewing. Changsub let another sigh out, “She must be so lonely.”

“Changsub, I believe she is okay,” replied mother.

Changsub knew that what his mother said was only words she used to kept him calm and to ensure him, to stop worrying something that shouldn’t be worried. Inside his heart, Changsub saw a regretful eyes of his mother.

She was a very bright girl, yet a shy one.

Changsub only had her, that was the reason why Changsub would never let anyone hurt her—but in the end, it was Changsub who needed to let her go. Loneliness was the thing who made her left him. There was nothing more painful than a loneliness.

 

 

<<                >>

 

 

Aehyun bit her lips; she squeezed her hands and walked toward Teacher Yoon who was giving an instructor for the students. Today’s physical education was running. Aehyun didn’t change her uniform to the trainee clothes. Teacher Yoon dazed at her, “May I help you, Yoo Aehyun-ssi?”

“I’m sorry I can’t join today’s physical education class. I got some cramps on my stomach,” she said it softly.

Teacher Yoon nodded, “Girl’s thingy, right?”

“Yes.”

“It’s okay. You may leave the gym and back to the class,” said Teacher Yoon. Aehyun bowed her head saying thank you. Then Teacher Yoon called her name again, stopped her and she turned her head, “Yes, Teacher Yoon?”

“If you meet Lee Changsub, tell that little that he needs to come here quickly. That brat skipped the class too many times,” added him. Aehyun nodded and left the gym.

To tell the truth, Aehyun didn’t get any cramps. She wanted to skip the first class today. She wanted to go to the school rooftop, she wanted to meet him, she wanted to say thank you for walked her home yesterday after the incident with that gang.

Changsub wasn’t that bad—or actually, Changsub wasn’t bad. He was nice, even though he wasn’t as nice as Hyunsik, or maybe other boy as they normally do, but Aehyun was pretty sure that Changsub wasn’t a bad boy. His soothing voice was calming, and for the first time, Aehyun felt safe. The way Changsub scolded her yesterday, the way he expressed his worry and how he insisted to walk her home were things that moved Aehyun’s feeling.

She wanted to know Changsub more.

“Where are you going?”

Aehyun gasped, “Eum.. R-rooftop.”

“To see him?” asked him.

Aehyun shrugged, “Euhm, I’m not sure.”

Hyunsik—who lifted one of his eyebrows giggled, “You just like her. That’s why Changsub cares you a lot.”

“Her?”

“Someone.”

“Who?”

“Why don’t you just ask him yourself? Isn’t not like you can’t ask, right? You are going to meet him anyway,” Hyunsik smiled, simply his eyesmiled showed and Aehyun held her breathe automatically. That smile was fascinating and Aehyun rolled her eyes after Hyunsik left.

She opened the door, and saw Changsub lay down and gazed the sky. She walked without making any sound but Changsub turned his head to see who came. After saw Aehyun’s face, Changsub put his eyes back to the blue sky.

“For you.”

Changsub hissed, “I’m not thirsty.”

“It’s cold, you better drink it faster,” added Aehyun. Changsub whimpered, “I said, I’m not thirsty.”

“But I bought it for you,” said the girl, handed a bottle of banana milk to the boy’s hand and there was no other choice but to accept it.

“Thank you for walk me home yesterday,” said Aehyun. Changsub nodded, “Yeah.”

“Thank you for save me too.”

“I just happened to drop a visit to some store near there, no need to say thanks,” said Changsub, he shove his hands on the pocket and yawned. Aehyun chuckled, Changsub sighed, “Go back to class. Don’t you have class for physical education?”

“Yup. But I got a permission to not join the class today.”

“Nice.”

“Changsub-ssi,” called Aehyun. Changsub looked up to the girl, she was smiling and the cheek bones of her looked so cute.  Changsub rolled his eyes, “What?”

“C-can you walk me home today?”

Changsub jumped off shock, “W-what?”

“B-but if you don’t want it’s okay, it just.. I just.. yeah forget it, I know it sounds ridiculous,” she stumbled and rubbed her neck, turned her body and Changsub laughed to her back, “Ridiculous? No, it’s not.”

“No?” Aehyun turned her body again to face Changsub who was still laughing.

Changsub shook his head, “I will.”

“You will?”

Changsub nodded, “I’m the only boy you know in this school, and you just experienced something bad yesterday so it’s okay, I can understand why you asked me that.”

Aehyun’s cheek turned pink. Changsub giggled, he got up and smiled, “I think we can get A+ for our team assignment. You can explain your true feeling about ual harassment, just make it anonymous, and that would be amazing.”

“Eh?”

“Teacher Kim’s assignment,” repeated Changsub.

Aehyun tapped her forehead because she almost forgot about it and chuckled, “Sure.”

“You better go back to class. Teachers will scold me if they found you here with me,” Changsub took a glance to his wristwatch. But Aehyun ignore him, “It’s okay. I want to be scolded.”

“Weird.”

“You are weirder.”

“Not even your business, anyway.”

“It’s gonna be mine too.”

Changsub grinned, “Why would it be yours too?”

“Because I want to be your friend.”

Changsub choked his own saliva, he looked at Aehyun unbelievably, “W-what did you say?”

“Let’s be friend, Changsub.”

 

 


subscribe & comments <3