Pink Something

Heart of A Friend

 

PINK SOMETHING

chapter #1


 

A teacher came five minutes after the bell for lunch break ended. That middle-aged man wrote some problems on the white board and gave a brief instruction.

Lee Changsub tried to get off the class but he canceled it as soon as Teacher Kim was calling out one by one the names from attendance list, he grouped the student into pair of two. To be frankly said, Changsub preferred to do the assignment on his own. It wasn’t because he was an individual person or too arrogant to get in group with his super brain. But Changsub didn’t like to put his result on other people’s hand.

Yoo Aehyun got a boy as her partner for her very first assignment. His name was Lee Changsub—someone who always looks sleepy, even though he wasn’t. Aehyun marked it as a little bit bad signal, she should be coupled with a girl, or if it had to be a boy, she wanted to get another partner. Not Changsub.

It was too late to ask for rearrange the partner because the other students seemed had no problem, so Aehyun held her words back.

 

 

<<               >>

 

 

“We are partners for next week assignment,” Changsub said, as Teacher Kim left the class.

That girl kept her head down, for any reason that Changsub couldn’t understand, he shrugged and pulled out the chair next to her, “Let’s do it tomorrow, library at 1 p.m.”

She nodded.

“Okay then. See ya tomorrow.” Changsub stood up and went back to his chair. She didn’t ask or gave any feedback to him, so Changsub thought she was totally understand—or maybe she still didn’t use to the new circumstances.

Meanwhile she was holding all her words. She wanted to avoid things out of school time, but she was too afraid to say no to Changsub. That sleepy look-alike guy yawned, leaned his back to his chair and putting the earphone to his left ear when Teacher Kwon came for Physics class.

She encouraged herself to write something on the paper she ripped from her book. For first three minutes, she only stared at the paper. But she did write it; anyway.

 

Is it okay if we divide the task into two, you do your part and I’ll do mine? We don’t have to do it together tomorrow. I’ll give you my work and you can adjust it as one assignment with yours.

Aehyun.

 

Changsub who half asleep a little bit shocked, a folded paper she handed it to him. Changsub rubbed his neck, didn’t understand. He read the message as he took a look at that new girl. But the one he looked at was bowed down her head, seemed like she purposely jotted down note sfrom the board to her book.

Changsub replied the message with his lazy handwritten.

 

Let’s talk more about it after school.

 

Changsub threw the folded paper to her desk. Because he did it with his right hand which was his non-dominant hand, the paper landed on someone else’s desk. Changsub smirked when Hyunsik turned his head to him, asked for the explanation.

“Give it to the new girl,” hissed Changsub.

Hyunsik chuckled, “Interested in a girl, finally,” .

Changsub rolled his eyes, “Mind your own business, popular guy.”

Not giving further respond, Hyunsik put the paper to Aehyun’s desk who was actually sit a desk away from his. Aehyun blinked her eyes, Hyunsik said softly, “Beware with Changsub, little girl.”

Changsub groaned hearing Hyunsik’s words.

Everyone in the school knows about Hyunsik and Changsub’s things. Two of them used to be a very good friend, until last year. It was the worst fight ever, between two guy who were known as a popular guy with eye-smiled and super nice behavior, and a boring guy who plays skateboard so well and crazy over a drink called coffee. School yard remained a silent witness between the two.

No one knew the reason why they fought each other. They used to be a musician partner every time school held an event or festival. Hyunsik was good in piano and guitar, Changsub got his talent on drum and piano as well. What made Hyunsik popular, because he was too nice to everyone—no exception. Meanwhile Changsub oftenly showed no interest to other people. 

 

 

<<              >>

 

 

Aehyun packed her stuffs to her back. The bell rang ten minutes ago, and she still has a business to talk with Changsub after this. She finished with her things, and she walked to Changsub’s desk.

“Is it okay?” asked her.

Changsub replied, “What?”

“T-the idea I gave you today. About our assignment,” added her.

Changsub shook his head, “No.”

Changsub’s answer left Aehyun gasped to herself. Changsub put his backpack to his back, “What’s the point of being in a team if we ended up working it separately? If you want to do it yourself without me, you better talk to Teacher Kim about it. Pretty fair, eh?”

Aehyun bit her lips.

“For your information, Yoo Aehyun-ssi, Teacher Kim is kind of cruel and complicated teacher so if you want to danger your score, it’s okay,” Changsub lifted one of his eyebrows.

She still stood quietly.

“Ah, I see. You must overheard people talking behind my back, right? That’s why you don’t want to be my partner. Look, Aehyun-ssi, what you’ve been heard is not even your business, so can we be professional for this assignment, I promise it’d be the last,” said Changsub.

Without his knowing, the words were pretty threatening.

“I haven’t heard anything.”

Changsub chuckled, “Then tell me why you seemed like avoiding me?”

“Mind your own business,” said the girl, she left the class.

Changsub shrugged. It’s true that it wasn’t the first time he got ignored by the girls, but seriously, the new girl was pretty strange. She should be made a friend, or showing her attractive point so people around would like her, but she didn’t do anything. Instead of do the normal things she should’ve done, she remained silent.

Somehow she reminded Changsub to someone.

Somehow it hurt Changsub.

 

 

<<              >>

 

 

“How’s your school? Cool?” asked the father, dinner has begun just a while ago but the daughter hasn’t put any rice to yet. The daughter let a long sigh, “Fine, Dad.”

“Did you make a lot of friend?” this time the mother asked, while she poured a juice to her daughter’s glass. The latter gave a slight nod.

Seeing her daughter’s expression wasn’t a good one, the mother pulled out the chair next to her, said softly, “Please, tell us everything. Let us know, darling. You are the only princess we have; we need to know everything about you.”

Aehyun nodded.

“Don’t let us to be the failed parents for the second time, Aehyun. You already suffered too much, so please, let us know your feelings,” added the father, “We want to protect you. We have to.”

Aehyun smiled a bit, “Yes, Dad. I will.”

 

 

<<              >>

 

 

Changsub crawled to the rooftop of his house. Just after he arrived at rooftop, he heard his mother shouted from the kitchen. She was asking for a help, and Changsub has no other choice but to crawling down and help his mother, since he was the only child left.

“What do you need me to help?” asked Changsub.

“Would you like to buy some flowers and replace those in the living room?” his mother put off her apron and hung it next to the fridge. Changsub nodded, “No problem. Twelve pink roses, right?”

His mother smiled, “You remembered it so well.”

“How could I forget it, she was everything for me,” Changsub murmured to himself, as he walked out from the door and heading to florist.

Pink rose was her favorite flower. Pink was always her favorite, although Changsub always because of it, she still loved pink. Pink showed affectionate, kind-hearted, angelic, and sweet thing. Those were the reasons why she loved pink. Changsub never liked pink before, not a bit at all. Until pink became something that he could related to her.

Something that somehow hurt Changsub.

 

 


first chapter! how was it?

subscribe & comment <3