Chemistry Test

The Misunderstood Kingka

 

 

         

❝chapter 003.

               chemistry test.

              ❝chapter 003.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

“Good morning class! Are all of you prepared for the Chemistry test?” Mr. Kim asked as he strolled in the classroom, holding a suitcase, putting it down on the table. He smiled at the students as Hansoo smirked, knowing she could ace the test without much effort.

 

She had to live up to her braniac title.

 

Hansoo took out the pencil she always used on tests, her Ace Pencil as she called it. It always graced her with A pluses ever since she started using it. She put it in front of her, admiring and imagining the shocked face Jisoo will have soon.

 

Hansoo glanced peculiarly at Jisoo, feeling elated that he was still searching for a pencil even when Mr. Kim was already giving out the tests.

 

“Psst! Give him your pencil!” Hansol hissed to Hansoo, making Hansoo glare at him quickly. She shook her head vehemently, sticking her tongue out childishly. Yes, the braniac Hansoo is actually quite childish and stubborn. Annoyingly stubborn.

 

“Oh come on, you still don’t believe that that pencil gives you luck?!” Hansol asked in bewilderment, his eyebrows shooting up in skepticism as Hansoo blushed, clutching her pencil to her chest.

 

How dare he say that about her pencil?!

 

“It’s a lucky pencil!” Hansoo defended, scowling at him once more before looking straight at the board.

 

“Mr. Kim! Jisoo’s missing a pencil, and he’s a new student!” Hansol announced loudly as Hansoo mentally cursed her best friend for being annoying. Mr. Kim glanced at Jisoo noticing the hardships the boy is going through to find a pencil.

 

“Oh well, I know our Hansoo always has extra pencils. Why don’t you give him your lucky pencil? Maybe he’ll-“

 

“But sir, this is my lucky pencil!” Hansoo immediately protested, shocking the students. Hansoo was a teacher’s pet, so it was surreal for her and her classmates to see her going against what the teacher have said. Mr. Kim laughed a bit, shaking his head in amusement.

 

Hansoo’s heart sank, looking at her pencil longingly.

 

“Oh Hansoo, you’re smart with or without your lucky pencil! It’s alright for him to borrow it just for one test, right?”

 

“Yeah Hansoo, you’re smart without the pencil too.” Hansoo glared at the boy beside her, gripping her pencil and dropping it on his table. Hansoo was going to show him that she was a know-it-all even without that damned pencil. Jisoo just smiled at her, showing off his pearly white teeth. In turn, Hansoo smiled in a sickly sweet way, mocking Jisoo.

 

“Okay, let’s start! Turn your papers over and answer the test in an hour. No exceptions! Start!”

 

And with that, everyone started answering the Chemistry test. It was quiet, except for the sounds of scribbling, yawns and groans. The test was super hard, even Hansoo had a hard time. But, she remembered the formula and the periodic table, so she had an upperhand to those who didn’t.

 

“Psst Hansoo. Hansoo!” Jisoo whispered, trying to get Hansoo’s attention. He just wanted to ask where to write his name, since there was nothing to indicate where he should he put his name. Hansoo decided to ignore him, trying to cram all the information in her brain on the paper.

 

“Hansoo!” Jisoo whispered this time, louder, but Hansoo was oblivious. You would think she really was pretending, but after one more pester from him, she feels as if she will explode.

 

“Han-“

 

“WHAT?!” Hansoo exploded, panting in anger as she glared at the older by next to her. She was already imagining Jisoo falling off a cliff six times just to calm her down.

 

“Where do you put your name?” Jisoo asked playfully, getting satisfaction from Hansoo’s outburst that caused everyone to look up from the boring test and focus their eyes on the two bickering.

 

“Oh you know where? NEXT TO YOU, PREPARING TO FALL OFF A CLIFF!”

 

“Okay! There’s no need for Jisoo, our new student who kindly transferred to our school from the States, to fall off a cliff, Ms. Shin. And Jisoo put your name on the top, right there.” Mr. Kim showed where to put his name as Jisoo nodded innocently, smiling at the teacher. Everyone went back to the test, but of course they couldn’t forget Hansoo’s embarrassing outburst.

 

Hansoo, on the other hand, wanted to stab Jisoo with a worn out pencil that she rarely used. She sighed and looked down on her test. She told herself that she should ignore him. What does he mean to her anyway? So she went back to her test willingly, focusing only on it.

 

After twenty minutes, Jisoo finished the test earlier than most people. He smirked first at Hansoo who was still answering the test before going up to the surprised Mr. Kim, handing him his test.

 

“Well Jisoo, that was quite quick of you. Are you sure you don’t want to go over it again-“

 

“I’m a hundred percent sure I got most of the questions correct on your test, Mr. Kim,” Jisoo announced loudly, looking slyly in the corner of his eye to see Hansoo’s jaw drop at the test in Mr. Kim’s hand.

 

It should be her test paper in Mr. Kim’s hands, not Jisoo’s.

 

Hansoo looked quickly at the triumphant expression on Jisoo. She raised two fingers in front of her eyes before pointing them at Jisoo before drawing her thumb across . It was a universal sign in saying you are going to die.

 

Jisoo laughed, mouthing ‘I love you’ while making a heart to Hansoo, winking just to make her a little angrier than she already is.

 

“Ooh~ looks like someone has an admirer,” Hansol teased, but feeling slightly sad inside as he looked at his best friend’s expression, which was of course, murderous.

 

He knew when Hansoo noticed someone. Like really noticed someone. It’s when she wants to throw them off a sixty three story building.

 

“Admirer? More like life ruiner. He’s annoying, aggravating and above all, someone who doesn’t own a pencil!” Hansoo spat, looking at Hansol suspiciously before at Jisoo who was conversing with their teacher. Hansoo felt a bubble of hatred inside her.

 

Mr. Kim always favored Hansoo before, always calling her name in class to answer a hard question. But it seems like his favorite is going to change soon.

 

Jisoo went back to his chair, glancing at Hansoo to see her sitting like a statue, which means, she sat stiff.

 

“Aren’t you going to congratulate me for finishing the test before you?” Jisoo asked jokingly, hoping he would elicit another reaction from Hansoo, who ignored him fully.

 

“Dude, falling off a cliff is better than getting lashed out by this girl,” Hansol whispered to Jisoo loudly as Jisoo held up an OK sign, winking.

 

“So Hansoo-“

 

“Here you go Mr. Kim; I hope you see my answers are fit.” Hansoo approached her teacher, giving him her paper. Mr. Kim looked approvingly at Hansoo before glancing at her answers.

 

“Well, it’s certainly comparable to Jisoo,” Mr. Kim noted, Hansoo’s eyes widening as hung agape. She could literally see Jisoo making fun of her in the back.

 

“Excuse me sir?”

 

“Well, your answers are descriptive daresay-“

 

“What Mr. Kim is saying Hansoo, is that your answers are great and all, but mine is loads better,” Jisoo answered for Mr. Kim as the whole class laughed, excluding the teacher and Hansol who was looking pityingly at Jisoo. He already nicknamed him the Survivor, because he had survived most of Hansoo’s actions.

 

Hansoo turned around slowly, her eyes trained on one boy and one boy only. It was almost time for class to end as Hansoo got a pen from Mr. Kim’s table, gripping it.

 

“Don’t. You. Dare.” And with that, Hansoo threw the pen at Jisoo, Jisoo moving to the right as to not let his shoulder get hit. The point of the pen stuck on the chair, where Jisoo’s shoulder was at two point five seconds ago.

 

“Told you so.” Hansol leaned and patted Jisoo’s shoulder in pity.

 

The bell rung as Hansoo stomped over her table, grabbing her backpack and walking out, the first out of the students.

 

“Wow,” was what Jisoo could say as he examined the pen stuck on his table. That could’ve taken a lot of strength, and it came from a girl.

 

“Are you sure she’s human?” Jisoo asked himself as Hansol clucked his tongue, leaning on the teacher’s table to wait for Jisoo to get over his shock.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe. Still, it couldn’t compare to the time she almost pushed me out of the window,”

 

“What?! Why?!”

 

“Well, it’s partly my fault though. I wanted to surprise her, since it’s her birthday. So I climbed on the tree beside her house, crouching on the windowsill. I knocked; she opened the window, and tried to push me off. It took me thirty seconds to finally tell her I was Hansol, since she was screaming her head off,” Hansol explained simply as Jisoo blinked at the shorter boy.

 

He shook his head, standing up and slinging his backpack on his shoulder. He decided to just let the pen throwing side. He didn’t want to lose any of his limbs, credits to Shin Han Soo.

 

“So, what’s our next class? And shouldn’t we stay in class, since our teacher will come in like, ten minutes?” Jisoo asked Hansol worriedly as the two exited their classroom, milling around. Hansol stretched his arms upwards, his shirt lifting up so everyone could see his bellybutton. Most girls took pictures of it, since it was a rare chance. And what more, that Hansol was with the new student. The girls started shipping them together, nonetheless.

 

“Our next class is History. That’s the fun part! Everyone rushing back to their classroom! Come on, I’ll show you the vending machine!” And with that, Hansol dragged Jisoo to his favorite place in the whole school.

                 ★ TRANQUIL  LAYOUTS.