First School Day in January

The Misunderstood Kingka

 

 

         

❝chapter 001.

               first day of school in january.

              ❝chapter 001.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

It was a cold and cloudy day in Seoul, the sun hiding behind the ominous grey clouds. It didn’t stop the people from doing their everyday activities. Some had easy doings, which meant going to school, buying bread or just even having a jog around the park. Some had difficult activities like going to work, cleaning the house, and in Shin Han Soo’s world, waking up.

 

The Shin household was quiet in mornings. The morning rush hasn’t started. Yet.

 

The Shin’s house looked like the modern everyday house, with a considerably large front yard, house painted beige and curtains that hung in every window. Inside though, is another story.

 

But we shouldn’t focus on the boring old house, should we? Nah, that’s not how we do it.

 

A certain auburn colored hair girl lay slumped on her messy table, snoring as if there was no tomorrow. She was dressed up in Batman pajamas, her wavy hair tied in a messy bun, and her eyes shut tight until who knows when.

 

She had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to study for the Chemistry test that is secretly tomorrow, rather than today.

 

Shin Han Soo was never the one who woke up without a reason. Just then, her phone blasted one of her all time favorite K-Pop songs, NU’EST’s Hello. The music gradually became louder, and by no time, the sound can even be heard from the first floor of the house.

 

Despite the loud music, Hansoo still slept soundly, still dreaming of getting that A+ she deserves.

 

“TURN THAT DAMN ALARM OFF!” the first voice in the morning arose from the music, sounding demanding and slightly annoyed. The voice could wake a dead person, but as always, Hansoo was still in her own personal dreamland.

 

The voice belonged to her older brother, Shin Kyung Si, and it sounded as if he meant business even though he was wearing pink Hello Kitty pajamas. He stumble out of his room blindly, half-asleep, as he navigated to Hansoo’s room, slamming the door open. He blundered into the desk of Hansoo, raising himself up as he grabbed her phone, pressing the snooze button.

 

“The Chemistry test! It’s today!” Shin Han Soo, the one who sleeps like the dead, finally woke up with her eyes wide as the moon. She hastily wiped the drool out of , her hands working automatically to find her large glasses. Once she did, she rested the glasses quickly on the bridge of her nose, wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

 

Kyungsi just blinked at his sister’s actions, still slumping on the table, half asleep.

 

“Should I take this trial Chemistry book? What if the test is on another section of it? Did I read all of it last night?” Hansoo questioned herself endlessly, sounding distressed and stressed at six in the morning.

 

“Hansoo-ah, can you calm down? It’s just six,” Kyungsi muttered, shifting places to lie on her comfy bed, immediately pulling the covers on him. Hansoo rolled her eyes at her brother’s observation. Of course it was six. She was supposed to wake up at five, and she overslept. Again.

 

Hey, it wasn’t her fault the alarm clock wasn’t as loud as the screams of fangirls when they see their bias.

 

“Kyungsi, can you drive me to school before going to your university? I need to get there early so I won’t lose my self in the sea of fangirls,” Hansoo requested absentmindedly as she stuffed everything needed for the test in her backpack. She then moved to her desk to close her computer and fix it a bit.

 

After a few seconds without an answer, she glanced at her brother who was snoring like a pig, clutching Hansoo’s duck pillow to his chest.

 

“YAH! SHIN KYUNGSI!” Hansoo screeched, grabbing a pen, throwing it at Kyungsi’s head. It bounced off his head harmlessly as Hansoo blew the bangs that were sticking to her forehead in annoyance. Her brother was one of the laziest persons in earth. She wouldn’t be surprised if he could put off death because he was too lazy to die.

 

“Five more minutes!” Kyungsi responded lazily in a tired tone before slipping back into dreamland, mainly with SNSD’s Sunny. Hansoo put her hands on her hips, glaring at her brother who wouldn’t wake up.

 

She couldn’t really blame him. That’s where she got her ability to sleep through anything from. Instead of throwing a tantrum, she sighed and proceeded to put her glasses on the table, to get her towel from her chair and go wash up.

 

After washing up, she wrapped her towel tightly around her, stepping out of her bathroom. Her cheeks flamed as she saw her brother still sleeping, snoring more loudly than before.

 

“Kyungsi oppa! Wake up! WAKE UP!” Hansoo shouted fiercely, reaching down to get her slipper and throwing it at Kyungsi. She has a habit of throwing things at people to get their attention.

 

Kyungsi woke up slowly, stretching while looking at his sister weirdly.

 

“Wait, you’re just in a towel?”

 

“Yes, you ert! Go down or I’ll tell mom about the time you snuck in a girl and-“

 

“Ah, okay! Okay! Sheesh, for a 16 year old, you’re feisty,”

 

“And the sounds that I heard from your bedroom-“

 

“OKAY! I’m going, I’m going!” Kyungsi yelled in defeat, covering his eyes with one hand, as the other felt around the room. Hansoo watched critically as her brother bumped into the wall. She sighed, but let a small smile slip. Her brother was lazy alright, but he was adorable sometimes, especially with his tousled reddish brown hair like hers.

 

He finally exited the room with much effort as Hansoo locked it. She picked out her Seoul School of Performing Arts uniform, laying it on the bed as she wore her undergarments.

 

She stared at the uniform in front of her. She didn’t know how the heck she got in the school that was for talented kids. She was supposed to get into Seoul Science High School, where most braniacs go. But no, her mother enrolled her in SOPA even before Hansoo could protest.

 

She pursed her lips as she slipped in a white t-shirt, putting on the mellow yellow vest afterwards, buttoning it up. She made sure that the black bow was perfectly placed in the middle as she looked in the mirror. She slipped in her long black skirt, adjusting it to her waist comfortably. She put on her socks and combed her still wet hair.

 

She grabbed her backpack and glasses, rushing downstairs to eat. It was already quarter to eight, and she wanted to be early in school.

 

Hansoo wasn’t exactly the type to sit down and eat on a school day. So as soon as she stepped foot in the kitchen, she grabbed a pancake off the plate on the table, holding it with as she fixed herself in front of the kitchen mirror.

 

“You should really sit down and eat. Mom and Dad would like that, you know,” Kyungsi tried to guilt his sister into being late as he munched on his own syrup coated pancake. Hansoo stopped fixing herself for awhile, glaring at her appearance.

 

“Yeah, they would. If they were here,” she snapped, flattening her hair and pushing up her glasses.

 

See, they were a rich family, living in Gangnam and all. Her parents were both fashion designers, always traveling around the world to visit fashion shows and other stuff. The reason there were no chauffeurs or maids in sight is because Kyungsi preferred living normally, and Hansoo adopted the same lifestyle. However, Kyungsi would call back their maids once in awhile if the house needed general cleaning.

 

“Hansoo, you know their work. They do this because they want the best for us,” Kyungsi tried to console his sister who finished the remains of her pancake.

 

“Yes, I know. I know that all too well. Are you done oppa? We need to go now,” Hansoo told him in a business-like tone as Kyungsi sighed, eating the last of his pancakes. He wanted to eat more, but he knew how naggy Hansoo can get. She was never the one to show a kind emotion all the time.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” Kyungsi stood up and grabbed the car keys. He and Hansoo walked out of the house, hopping inside Kyungsi’s car. They drove to Hansoo’s school in silence, Hansoo studying the notes she made for the big test today. Her eyebrows met together in the middle as she realized she forgot half the things she studied last night.

 

She was terribly forgetful. Once, she forgot her own birthday and went through the day normally, only realizing when the clock struck twelve midnight.

 

In a few minutes, Hansoo’s school came into view, looking majestic and large as ever. They drove in the side of the school, Kyungsi parking in the parking lot. Hansoo leaned over and kissed Kyungsi on the cheek, smiling a small one, which Kyungsi was grateful to see.

 

Focusing on her studies, without time to juggle her friends and social life was hard. And Kyungsi admired her courageous and headstrong personality.

 

“Good luck today, Hansoo! You can do it. Oppa will be cheering for you. Hwaiting!” Kyungsi raised a fist as a cheer as Hansoo bumped fists with him playfully. She gathered her things and got out of the car, waving at her older brother before facing her school. She took a deep breathe and walked easily to the school, hopping over the bushes and walking at the side of the soccer field.

 

She saw the entrance and was about to make a run for it when suddenly, someone came out of the school. Hansoo groaned and rolled her eyes, preparing for the worst.

 

The five most popular boys in school appeared. And Hansoo knows what that means.

 

Screams, shouts and lots of fainting.

 

Hansoo braced herself, putting on a brave face. She can do this. After all, she was Shin Hansoo! The top of her class! She was about to take a brave step, when she was suddenly pushed down on the ground.

 

“Argh!” Hansoo groaned, her vision blurring. All she saw was a pair of white shoes. And in the future, with dirt on them because Hansoo was going to teach a lesson. 

                 ★ TRANQUIL  LAYOUTS.