Second Chance

When You're Gone

20 Years Later----->>>>>

 

               I couldn't believe that I'm still alive even after 12 years of suffering from a heart problem. I couldn't be that I'm still living under the same roof with that annoying ahjumma and Yoona, her daughter who was not only  ugly, but also a sluggish girl I've ever met!

 

                Out of the blue moon, Yoona entered my bedroom with a tray. Sometimes, I wondered how could she did the house chores when she's blind.

 

               "Oppa, I bring you your lunch. It's your favorite", she said to me with a smile on her face. Did she have to smile often as if nothing had ever happened.

 

                 I rolled my eyes.

 

                "I know it. I'm not blind, ok?", I said in an annoying tone.

 

                 "And yeah, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me oppa??!! I'm not your oppa and I don't have an ugly girl for a sister, get it??!!", I squealed at her. I took the tray that she borught and threw it to the wall.

 

                 "You know that my mum want you here to accompany me because I'm so lonely after all this time, right?? For your information, I will undergo a heart transplant next week. After that, I can go out whenever I want and meet whoever I want. So, when I wake up after the operation, I don't want to set my eyes on you and your mother ever again, UNDERSTAND??!!", I screamed at her.

 

                 She burst into tears and stormed out of my bedroom.

 

               Finally, the day has come. I'm going to enter the operation room at 9.00pm. Unfortunately, my parents were on their way from Dublin and they could not make it on time.. So,  all I got at my side was Im Yoon Ah.

 

                   "Remember what I said to you last week. I DON'T WANT TO SEE BOTH OF YOU EVER AGAIN", I repeated that sentence out loud before the nurses pushed my bed into the operation room.

 

                The operation took about 12 hours and I only regain my conscious a day later.

 

               "Thank God you're safe. I've been so worried about you", I heard my mum's voice followe by my father's.

 

               "Sorry for not being there when you need us", he said. I just smiled at both of them, trying to tell them that I'm ok.

 

                 And being obediant, they never came to see me ever again.

 

               I was discharged 2 weeks later. But, something was bothering my mind. Who's the donor? I remeber asking my parents about the angel who had save my life.

 

             "We don't know dear, she would like to remain anonymous. She also refused to take the money that I gave her", she smiled at me and my my just like she used to do back when I was a kid.

 

               But, before I went home, Dr Taeyang came to see me.

 

              "Yah, Donghae-ah, you look healthier.. it's good then.. Oh yeah, before the operation, the donor asked me to give you this", he said while handing me a letter before a left without another word.

 

               I quickly opened the letter and read it without knowing that it would change my life forever.