The Fallen Mighty

Eternal Love; Amaranthine Affection

 

                                    “As what the council of the gods had agreed with, you, Kim Jaejoong, are hereby punished for your evil intention of eradicating the human race. Your powers and abilities will be fully suppressed and you will be sent into the human world. We are hoping that, by minggling with the humans, you will realize their worth,” Choi Siwon, holy ruler of the heavens and head of the Council of the gods, said in his deep, authoritative voice. He gazed at Jaejoong with an apologetic look. He doesn’t want to do this to Jaejoong but the latter was needed to be punished for what he had done. It’s better to send him to the human world than to send him to Ariur Savelle- the Fortress of Eternity and the prison of divine beings. Such place was terrible even to divine beings. It was under the supervision of Hangeng, the High Warden of Divine Justice and Overseer of Punishments.

                                       Kim Jaejoong’s eyes widened in disbelief as he heard Siwon read the verdict. “Sent to the human world? What kind of stupid verdict is that, Siwon? I’d rather chill in Ariur Savelle than in that world full of blasted id-“

                                       “KIM JAEJOONG! Watch your language when you’re in front of this council! Respect us!” boomed Leeteuk, god of the divine and worldly light. “You’re a god yet you act like a mortal man! I’ve never been this ashamed to be of the same status with you.” Leeteuk face palmed. Sungmin, who was sitting next to him patted his shoulder thoughtfully.

                                       “That’s too much, Leeteuk-hyung. We can’t just be like that to Jaejoong-hyung,” Junsu, god of the waters of the heavens and the waters of the world. He was always so soft-hearted to everyone and was the most compassionate of the gods. He turned to Jaejoong with pleading eyes. “Jaejoong-hyung, if you say sorry they may forgive you. I’ll vote to acquit you if you say sorry, Hyung.”

                                        Jaejoong, being too full of pride, raised an eyebrow. “I don’t see any reason why should I say sorry, Junsu. I’ve done nothing wrong. I aim to cleanse the world of wickedness. Those human had became so selfish, evil and abusive of the blessings that we gave them. Humans always bite the hand that feed them!!!....They don’t think of the future! They don’t think of their children and the children of their children! I’m sure Yoochun will agree with me in this matter.” Jaejoong turned his eyes to Yoochun with a smirk. “They had been irresponsible in exhausting the wealth of the earth which Yoochun is fully aware of.”

                                            Outrage by how Jaejoong dragged his name into the matter, he rose to give his reaction. “I am fully aware about the abuse of humans to the riches of the earth but I don’t seek to eradicate them.”

                                            “They deserve to be destroyed. We destroy them all and create a new world with brand new inhabitants! It will be a perfect world! Don’t you see? This is for the be-“

                                            “ENOUGH!!” Siwon’s voice silenced Jaejoong. “No words from you will justify the damages you’re caused, Jaejoong. Humans are not just beings we created in order for us to play with their lives!.... Commence the suppression of his powers.” As a rule, divine beings can’t be stripped off with their abilities and powers for, if done so, their freed power will take on a definite form and often times uncontrollable. Divine beings are also not and will never be subjected to each other’s powers and so one divine being can’t use their ability on another. This rule doesn’t hold true in Siwon’s case. Being the supreme ruler of heavens, his power transcends all.

                                            With Siwon’s signal, the eight gods lifted their hand and faced their palms to Jaejoong. The convicted tried to struggle but he was held in place by huge iron chains circling his chest and abdomen.

                                            “Sealing Magic; heaven’s binding chains,” Siwon chanted. His palm began to glow with a golden light. The palms of the other gods began to glow with golden light too. Heaven’s binding chains was a type of curse that can prevent the one it was casted on from using any form of magic. Siwon needs to invoke this curse with the participation of the other gods.  A circular, golden seal with intricate patterns appeared in front of each god’s palm. Golden chains materialized from the seals and immediately bounded Jaejoong. They are no ordinary chains. They bind not the body but the spirit. Since the powers of the divine beings are bound in their spirit, the chains bind the powers in the process.

                                             The chains circled around Jaejoong’s waist, chest, arms, legs and neck. “You think I’ll let you strip me of my powers that easily? You think I will accept to be thrown into the human world without a fight?! Huh!” Jaejoong boomed then threw a black crystal. “Dark magic; breaker of dawn.” The crystal became opaque black then smokes began to emanate from it and clung to the glowing gold chains. Jaejoong was the god of worldly darkness. He’s the sentinel of the moon and the master of the four winds of the world. He is skilled in the art of using dark magic just like what he used. Dark magic; breaker of dawn is a corrupting magic that disrupts mana flow and thus breaking magic effect.

                                              “Impossible! We already sealed his abilities. Ho-... How come he’s still able to use magic!?” Sungmin shrieked. He was the god of time and keeper of the Clock tower of Eternity and writer of the Annals of Ages.

                                               “Contained corrupting magic,” muttered Kangin, the god of space, dimensions and plane of existence. “Nothing less from Jaejoong. He’s really very intelligent to think of such move.” Kangin smiled in admiration.

                                               “Want another one?” Jaejoong threw another black crystal but it was destroyed by a dagger from Siwon.

                                               “You’ve pushed me too far, Jaejoong. You left me with no choice.” Siwon put his palms together in a praying position. “Divine magic; verdict of the heavens!”

                                               “Huh! Siwon-sshi really used it?” Sungmin muttered in disbelief.

                                                Before everyone’s eyes, a burst of light fell down on Jaejoong, making him disappear in the rain of light. Various expressions were plastered on the faces of the gods- some wore an expression of surprise, others of concern while others were stoical. A long shrill yell was heard from Jaejoong before he and the light disappeared.

                                                “Siwon-sshi, isn’t using that spell on Jaejoong-sshi too much?” Sungmin was the first one to talk when the light subsided. On his face was an expression of great concern for Jaejoong’s safety.

                                                Siwon sighed. “I have no choice, Sungmin-ah. To understand the humans, Jaejoong must become human, himself.”

                                                “You turned Jaejoong-hyung into a human?” Junsu shrieked in his high-pitched voice. “But... I thought, we’re only gonna suppress his powers! What if he dies as a human?!”

                                                A cold, chilling voice sounded. “Then I shall fetch him and send his soul to where human souls go,” Kyuhyun, the god of death and the one who sever the string of human destiny, spoke in a slow, menacing way. His hooded cloak hid his face in the shadow. “When Jaejoong became human through the spell Siwon used on him, he lost his immortality and so can be killed by any divine or human way.”

                                                Junsu bowed his head as tears slowly trickled down his cheeks. “That can’t be....” He turned to Siwon with a scowl. “Siwon-hyung!! We can’t let Jaejoong-hyung fend for himself!! I’ll go check on him!!” Before anyone could react, his body turned to water and went down to earth as rain.

 

                                              Moonless was the night as a young guy of seventeen walked his way home from his work. The night air was playing with his spiky, brown hair. Tired from his work, he wished nothing but to arrive home and rest his aching body when suddenly.......

                                             “OUCH!! What the! My back!!” the guy yelled as something fell on him from the sky. He crashed to the concrete pavement.

                                             “Aish! Damn that Siwon. I’ll make sure to get back there and kick his till he dies!! Oh wait, gods don’t die. Oh well, at least I fell on something comfy.” Someone’s voice sounded. Clad in white robe, the owner of the voice stood out from the darkness. His silvery-blonde hair was reflecting the light from a street lamp nearby. He fixed his hair while enjoying sitting down on the comfy thing he fell on.

                                               “Hey! Could you move?! I’m not a sofa so don’t get to comfortable on sitting on my back!” the poor guy yelled at the one clad in white. “Yahh! Hurry! My back is killing me!”

                                               “How disrespectful! Humans are really disrespectful beings!!”The silvery-blonde one snorted then got up. Crossing his arms against his chest, he looked at the brown-haired guy from head to foot with contempt.

                                               “You talk as if you’re not human yourself!” the brown-haired one boomed as he got up and swung his bag on his back. He brushed the dirt off his clothes with his hand.

                                              “Of course, I’m not, you scumbag! I’m the god of worldly darkness, sentinel of the moon and the god of the four winds of the world! I’m the reason why you are alive! You breathe the air that I own! So bow down in respect!” the silvery-blonde one yelled back, pointing the guy. A vein was bulging on his forehead.  He’s not lying though.

                                                “Good grief. I think you knocked your head somewhere or maybe your fall did some damage to your brain, god of whatever-it-is!” he answered back with sarcasm. His I.D was still on his neck. Printed on it were his picture and the name Jung Yunho. “Shishh.. Is this girl high on drugs?”

                                                 Reaching his limit, the god raised his right hand as if he was about to slap the human. “Why you!!” He made a slapping motion.  The guy tried to block the silvery-blonde’s hand but no hand came. The god repeated his action but nothing happened. “Why is the wind not obeying me?! Wind of the north! Answer me!” He looked up, trying to find something.

                                                 “You really are crazy. Tsk tsk. What a waste. You’re quite pretty but I prefer someone with a sound mind,” the guy said then turned his back on the silvery-blonde one. “Try seeing a psychiatrist, he can help you.” With this he walked away. The silvery-blonde looked at the guy as he walked away.

                                               “This can’t be! This can’t be happening,” the former god, fell on his knees. “Grr.. Siwon, curse you!!!”

                                               Rain started to pour on every roof in the sleepless city. In the heart of it was a former god that once tried to destroy it.

 

                                               

                                                  “I’m home,” Jung Yunho announced as he entered his small apartment.

                                                  “Hyung! Welcome home,” a young lad, about the age of fifteen welcomed him. “Hyung, I got the highest score in our science, math and Korean language exam!” Jung Il woo, Yunho’s younger brother was Yunho’s only family. Their parents died in a car accident when Yunho was still fifteen. Since then, he stopped going to school and worked every day to send Il Woo to school. The younger Jung repaid his hyung by earning very high grades.

                                                    “Wow! Great job!” Yunho made two thumbs up and beamed a toothy smile at his brother. “Let’s celebrate. Let’s eat somewhere. I got my salary today too. How about some donkatsu?”

                                                       Il Woo’s face brightened. “Really, Hyung? Yey! Okay! I’ll change my clothes.” Il Woo rushed to his room and changed. Yunho crashed on a simple armchair placed in a corner of the small living room. Rubbing his abused back, the memory of the silvery-blonde’s face flashed. It was quite dark then so he can’t fully see the face but he’s sure that it’s beautiful.  Yunho unknowingly blushed as he refreshed the memory.

                                                    The younger Jung noticed this tinge of redness in his Hyung’s cheeks. What made him more curious was when his Hyung suddenly chuckled. “Hyung? Are you alright?” Il Woo asked, walking towards Yunho. He already finished changing clothes. What a quick boy.

                                                       “Ahh.. Yes, I am.”

                                                       “I know that expression,” Il Woo narrowed his eyes in suspicion. “You’re thinking of someone, right?” the younger one teased.

                                                         “Nah. I just remembered an overly confident, narcissistic, trash-talking, self-proclaimed-god, thinking entity earlier,” he sighed. “Let’s go?”

                                                       Il Woo raised an eyebrow. “Was there really a person like that that exists?”

                                                      “Believe it or not, there is such a person,” Yunho confidently assured.

                                                      Together, the two Jungs went out of their apartment to eat some spicy donkatsu in a nearby small-time restaurant.

                                                     Somewhere in Seoul, an overly confident, narcissistic, trash-talking, self-proclaimed-god, thinking entity sneezed. 

..................................................

Author's note:

 

                            Quite different from my first fanfic- Ancient Love.... I wonder how will I be able to make it a bit educational for the readers...

                            Jaejoong here is some sort of an evil god thingy that seeks to destroy the world... hahahah...