Cherry

Pretty Boy Romance

"Ki, bi, BO!"

Jiho and I looked at our hands. I had my hand curled up into a fist; his held out two fingers.

"Victory is mine!" I took the cherry of the banana split we were sharing and dangled it in front of him. I stuck my tongue out. "Ha!"

"Aissh!" Jiho sat back in his chair, wallowing in his defeat. "Yah, rematch." He held out his hand.

"No way!" I replied defensively. "Here, if you can tie the stem in a knot, you can have it--"

I plucked the red strand of the tine cherry and handed it to him. "Go!"

Jiho sighed and popped it into his mouth after looking at it for a few seconds.

I twisted my lips together, hoping that he'd fail. Cruel, yes, but my competitive side is coming out. If he gets this, I'll never hear the end of it.

Jiho smiled suddenly and pulled out a perfectly knotted cherry stem. He held it in front of my face mockingly with one hand and held out the other open palm for the cherry.

I glared, dropping the sweet treat in his hand. "You're terrible."

He shrugged. "Don't bet on something that's easy to lose."

I rolled my eyes and sat back. "So what should we do now?"

Oppa learned forward, resting on his forearms. "Shopping?"

"No money." I pouted.

"Get a job." He chuckled.

"I'm not good at anything though!"

"You lie!"

"No!" I pointed an accusing finger t him.

Jiho Oppa laughed at my persistence. "You can model."

"Hardly."

"You can sing."

"Terribly."

"You can write?"

"Like that would get me anywhere!"

"You're pitiful."

I nodded. "Basically."

Oppa rolled his eyes. "Come on, SaeJi-ah. It's my last night here before I go back to Busan. Let's do something!"

Jiho was always so cute when he asked for things like that. I used to pre-plan what I'd say to him, forever convinced that one day he'd accept my words.

In reality, I'd say something like--

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" I smiled warmly, concealing my disappointment as usual.

Jiho shrugged. "Noraebang?"

I think that if it wasn't for the fact that karaoke is always associated with alcohol, I'd accept.

On the other hand, I just ruined a job opportunity, so....

"Yah. You're seeing your girlfriend tomorrow. I don't think she'd appreciate you on a hangover." I chuckled.

Of course. Always worried about the welfare of his relationship and well being. What kind of friend would I be to ruin something that he loves so dearly? Now that is cruel.

"You're right, I supposed." Jiho scratched his head. "Anything else we can do?"

"Ummmm...."

"Why don't we just walk around and window shop?" He posed.

The idea seemed so simple yet fun all at once. I nodded in acceptance with a grand smile on my face. Jiho and I stood up and made our way out.

++

If there was once thing I loved about Seoul, it would be its heartbeat, the rhythm of the streets and the lights and all the people in between. It's a beautiful sensation--happiness on a starry night in Seoul.

I don't know. Every time Jiho leaves, I feel like he'll be away for more than ten years. Every day he was gone felt like a month. Every second, another breath was gone in the hopes of Jiho feeling it in the breeze back in Busan. And then I realize, the only air he'd be breathing is Hye Ju's breath on his kin. Every time I though about it, jealousy just overcame me--jealousy and complete sadness.

Oppa and I made a slow pace down the busy city streets. My arms was linked through his as the night chill picked up. Even though summer was so close, t was still somewhat cold at night. I sighed, thinking of tomorrow.

"Oppa, when will you be back?" I asked quietly.

He took a deep breath of the sweet air before answering. "I'm not sure really."

"Don't be gone too long," I spoke under my breath. "Okay?"

Jiho stopped in his tracks, pulling me back with him. "What do you do when I'm gone, SaeJi-ah?" He asked out of the blue.

This was something I often asked myself. Jiho only ever came here for business, but it seemed like he was always around. and then when he leaves, I find myself wondering the next time he'll be back.

I shrugged. "Same old routine." I replied simply, moving in front of him to speak. "You just make my life a little more interesting." I chuckled.

Jiho smiled with a slight laugh. "Arasso."

We walked a few more steps before he stopped again.

"SaeJi?" He addressed my quietly.

"Hm?" I looked at him once more.

Oppa released a single laugh, peered down at his shoes then back up at me.

"You're a really good friend," he said. "You know that, right?"

I kind of stared at him for a while before responding.

"Yea." I laughed. "Only for you."

 

TAEJUN

 

Wow. Seoul, even at midnight, has the ability to effortlessly take my breath away. I stood in front of my window, looking down at the busy street. My single half empty glass of wine sat behind me, waiting to be finished.

I unknowingly ignored it, cleaning my mind of anything in the room.

Literally. Anything.

"Taejun-ah," A seductive voice called behind me.

I felt a pair of slim yet forceful hands coil around my wait. Honestly, these kind of things frustrate me. What's the point in trying to seduce someone who is way too tired to get in the mood?

"Minyoung, not now." I pried the savage girl away from my body.

If there was anything in this world that could give me the chills, well, besides certain songs, it would be Minyoung. Whatever we used to have was ruined as she slowly lost sight of things. Our relationship wasn't for emotion anymore. To her, it was all for the intimacy, the touch and never the feelings. For me, it was completely different. When I kiss someone, it's for the electric shock of it all. Minyoung sees it as an open window to try and get into my pants.

After the first objection, you'd think she'd stop. Then again, maybe it's just me who's had a change of heart.

Minyoung backed away continuously rolling her eyes at me. "Yah. Are we in a relationship or not?"

I turned away scoffing. "Is there no end to your hormones? If you wanted to have every moment we were together, you should've just dated a e instead of a man with morals."

The disappointed girl pouted as she inched closer to me with every steps. "Oppa," she spoke with a flirtatious voice. "Even men with morals have needs."

I felt Minyoung's hands make their way to my crotch. Just as a cat would pounce on a rat, I stopped her.

"Get out." I pointed towards the door.

Minyoung's expression dropped. "Bwoh?" She raised her eyebrows in disbelief. "Are you refusing me?"

"Actually, no, I'm breaking up with you. Now leave." I spoke bluntly.

Frustrated and angry, Minyoung begrudgingly grabbed her things and slammed my door on her way out.

So many hormones in such a petite body--Aissh!

 

++

Wuahh, I didn't know about all these comments ._. My comment notifications aren't showing everything lol Thanks for the support, everyone!