Natural

Pretty Boy Romance

On time as ever, right when I stepped outside of the audition building, Jiho Oppa pulled up in his silver convertible, his most recent gift to himself. The fear in his eyes ever so prominently signaled the heart attack he had as I jumped into the passenger seat, throwing my portfolio in the back. I fixed myself up, straightening my jacket and smoothing out my hair, then smiled.

"Anyeong, Oppa!" I said in a cheeky manner.

Jiho looked at me in shock. "YAH!"

I flinched.

"Be careful in the car!" Oppa showed his aegyo involuntarily. "I just cleaned it..."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "You and your car need to get a life."

"Says the one that would rather stay on the computer than go out to find a job." Jiho shot me a sly grin then moved the car forward.

"At least everyone online loves me." I bent over and pinched his cheek.

He shooed me away as we both laughed probably earning some off stares from pedestrians.

Park Jiho was probably the only person I could honestly be myself around. Despite the age difference, we knew everything about each other. When he wasn't in Busan with his girlfriend Hye Ju he was with me in Seoul. He was always so trustworthy and quiet but outgoing and friendly.

It's hard sometimes though. There's always that occasional person that assumes automatically that there must be something more to us than just friendship. The fact that Hye Ju Unnie is all the way in Busan didn't help either.

And I think that the worst part is that deep down inside, I really did wish there was something more between me and Jiho. He's perfect.

I can't even begin to describe the feelings I have for him in any way comprehendible using words alone. All I knew was that, after all these years, I now know him inside and out, and, eventually, he became my definition for the word perfect. Whether it was perfection of any of its similes, he embodied it.

"Should I even ask how the audition went?" Oppa chuckled.

"Well, me calling you early plus me not bringing up the subject equals--"

"It didn't go so well." Jiho nodded. "Don't worry about it. There will always be more auditions."

"Oppa, they wanted me to get plastic surgery!" I started ranting.

"Yah, you better not." His eye became large with anxiety.

"You're too young to start messing up your face. You're beautiful just the way you are right now. No knives needed."

I sank into my seat, unknowingly blushing at Jiho's statement. In the back of my head, I knew that the intended meaning wasn't what I really wanted it to be, but still my heart beat too fast for me to rule out any emotions.

"Come on." Jiho changed his attitude. "I'll treat you to some meat and then some dessert after. Okay? Just don't ever consider anything those judges told you."

"Arasso." I smiled, stretching my arms out of the convertible.

Regardless of these feelings that I kept inside, life was pretty good.

 

TAEJUN.

 

The two other judges and I sat in awe at the latest girl's outburst. I scoffed under my breath. It was a shame. If anyone had the right look for this job, it would have been her.

Usually the question of plastic surgery has the same enthusiastic response. Unfortunately, those responses come from dimwitted girls that just want to have their name in lights. I don't know why Mrs. Ahn even posed the question in the first place. That girl was already naturally pretty.

Mrs. Ahn sighed, adjusting her glassed just below the bridge of her nose. "Trash this one." She handed the girl's file over to the janitor.

I sprung up from my seat. "Actually, let me have that one." I reached for the manila envelope just seconds before it could reach the document shredder.

Mrs. Ahn gave me a disapproving look. "Mr. Park, you are not here to find your next girlfriend. Please, sit down."

"No, actually, I'm here to find the next Aboki model, and from the looks of it, you're scaring all of the real models off." I rolled my eyes.

The old woman looked taken back.

Before she could respond, I continued, "Not every girl needs surgery to look beautiful." I shrugged. "My business here is done."

With that, I grabbed my keys and exited the building.

I know it seemed irresponsible for me to leave just after I arrived, but let's get this straight. They asked me to judge, and I had the permission to leave after I found my model. I just found my model, so I guess I can leave.

I opened the girl's file, skimming through the various pictures.

This girl had a particularly pretty natural face. Big eyes, nice nose, and slightly tanned skin--her short black hair stood out among the other girls with their long volumized hair with all the layers and such. Her look was just very refreshing.

After flipping one more page, I finally found her name.

"Choi Saeji," I hummed under my breath.