LIAR.

TILL HIS HEART BEATS AGAIN
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Baby” I peeked in her room and saw that she’s still sleeping.

My nerves are shooting up early in the morning because in an hour or two, I will bring Cara Belle to Lyric’s house and I’m feeling anxious about it.

I wasn’t able to sleep well last night for I keep on thinking about my daughter’s weird actions and odd reactions whenever I tell her something about Lyric. The thought that maybe she knows something about me and her “Aunt” came to mind, but that’s just too impossible. How will she know about it when she can’t read yet and I don’t think that my in-laws will even dare to tell her whatever they read on the newspaper or in gossip sites for they know that it will really have a big impact on her?

“Baby” I whispered in her ear.

She turned to the other side, her back facing me then buried her face on a pillow.

This move is very Billie-ish. My wife is so used to burying her face on a pillow whenever she’s sleeping or it can also be her way of telling you “Don’t wake me up yet”

Billie. She’s still in my mind most of the time. Yes, my longing for her is lessened because of Lyric, but there are still times wherein I feel guilty because I wasn’t able to hold on to my promise that I’ll never love another woman again besides her.

I know that I shouldn’t be feeling that way, but I can’t help it. No matter what I do, she still has the biggest part of me, which is actually a drag because I’m so in-love with Lyric, but the love that I feel for my wife can sometimes overpower it. Maybe I was wrong when I said that I’ll soon get over it. No worries though, coz even with this feeling, I’m so sure about my love for Lyric. I guess I just need a little more time to get things straight.

“Aigoo…Cara Belle Kwon” I said while kissing her cheek lightly over and over again.

This is weird. Usually, Cara Belle wakes up right away with a single call or two.

“Baby….it’s almost eight-thirty…I told Aunt Lyric that we’ll be there by eight…we’re already late” I told her.

I didn’t get any response. She moved a little but didn’t face me.

What’s wrong with her? Why is it so hard to wake her today?

“Baby” I called again while her arm gently “I know that you’re already awake…get up now” I said but she’s still unshaken.

AISH! What is happening with this child? She’s been acting so weird since she arrived yesterday and when I thought that she’s going to be fine today already, I’m wrong coz I think she got more worse.

“Belle…get up now….Aunt Lyric is waiting for us already for sure” I’m slightly losing my patience, but is still trying to hold it all in for I don’t want this day to be spoilt just because I flared up.

At last! Cara Belle already moved. She faced me while rubbing her tummy. I can see on her face that something is going on and it alarmed me right away.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked worriedly.

She took a deep breath then looked at me with tears pooling in her eyes.

“Yaaa….Belle…what’s going on? Tell Appa if you’re hurting or what so that I can bring you to the doctor right away” I told her frantically.

Tears started flowing down her cheeks. I’m telling you, this is really making me so worried. Cara Belle rarely gets sick, but whenever she is, I feel much worst that her.

It’s a parent thing I guess. You can feel what your child feels and so much more.

“Baby” I touched her forehead and sighed in relief because she’s not running a fever.

“Is your tummy aching?” I asked for she’s been rubbing her stomach all this time.

Cara Belle looked at me then gave a nod.

“Aigoo” I said then caressed her cheek “Maybe you’re having indigestion” I tapped her nose “Because you ate a lot last night”

It made her smile but I can still see pain on her face.

“I’ve prepared breakfast already….c’mon…let’s eat now…maybe you just need Appa’s wonderful cooking to make you feel better” I said with a smile.

Stomach pain and Cara Belle are twins. Why? Because my lovely daughter is always suffering from it, especially when she eats a lot or after laughing for a long time.

She shook her head “I can’t walk Appa” then curled into a ball “It’s too painful”

The moment she curled into a ball, my already calm heart started thumping like crazy again because from the way she looks, I can easily tell that she’s in so much pain. This is serious.

“Aigoo” I’m frantic once again “I’ll bring some food for you to eat before drinking medicine…wait here”

I ran to the kitchen and made soup for her. Omma and Noona always give me soup whenever I’m having stomach pains and it’s really effective.

You see, when you’re a single parent, your worry and panic is always doubled because you’ve got no one to share it with.

“Baby” I used my foot to open her door for I’m holding a food tray and found her still curled into a ball on her bed “Here…I made soup for you” I placed the tray on the side table then helped her to sit up.

“Ouch” she still keeps rubbing her stomach, while I’m trying to dig in my head what to do if her pain doesn’t go away after eating and drinking medicine.

“It’s hot…Appa will feed you” I blow the soup to cool a bit.

After that, she is starting to look good already. She’s not rubbing her stomach anymore and is not complaining that she’s in pain that much as well.

“Feeling better?” I asked after giving her medicine.

She gave a nod then smiled at me “Thank you Appa”

Hearing your child thanking you is already a big thing. Yes, she did worry the hell out of me a while ago to the point that I nearly cracked my brain coz of thinking on what to do if she gets worse, but a simple “Thank You Appa” made me feel so good.

“OMO!” I looked at the clock and it reads nine in the morning already “I should call Aunt Lyric and tell her what happen to you and that we’re not going to her house this morning” I said and to my shock, she rolled her eyes at me then sighed heavily.

“Baby” I made her face me “What’s wrong with you? Why are you acting so strange whenever you hear Aunt Lyric’s name?” I asked curiously.

She looked at me intently “I didn’t know that I’m being strange Appa”

“Anyway…” I pulled her closer to me then kissed her temple “She misses you so much already….and I mean each and every word of it…she’s so excited to see you” I told her cheerfully but she just gave me a straight face.

“Really Appa?” she asked, expressionless.

I gave an awkward smile “Yes”

Like last night, she’s still feeling down because she badly misses her mother. Maybe this is the reason why she’s acting weird.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter