WHY?

TILL HIS HEART BEATS AGAIN
Please log in to read the full chapter

When time has built commitment, you are used to life with each other already. All of a sudden you start to forget what life was like without that special person and even though you know that you’re not going to be together every day, every hour, every minute and second, you’ll still feel their presence and will look forward to your next meeting.

Today, I don’t have a choice but to wrap up my being a boyfriend and pull out my being a father again because Cara Belle and my in-laws will be arriving from the South of France in a couple of hours already.

I must admit, I’m a little sad coz I know that once my daughter is already here, Lyric and I will have to act like friends again. Our movements are counted and limited. Oh well, we’ve got no choice but to take reality in for Cara Belle is not yet ready to accept any girl in our life and I will never force her to. I’m not sure if she’s going to open herself to the possibilities that I can fall in-love with another girl and that I may marry again, but I’m praying so hard for her to be open to it coz if she can’t, it only means that my future with Lyric is still a blur and worse, we won’t have any future at all.

{Lyric Hill’s new found love}

{Lyric and her new man}

{Lyric goes Korean}

“And I’m on the headlines again” she said while reading another article about us.

I sighed then sit beside her on the couch “You know what” I said, making her look at me. I smiled then pinched her nose “Stop reading crap coz it will just ruin your day”

“Jiyong” she faced me fully then hold the paper in front of my face “Read this” she pointed at the title of the article.

“Lyric goes Korean” I read then laughed.

She looked at me in disbelief “Why are you laughing? What’s funny?”

I looked at her then burst out in laughter again “I don’t know…but the title of that article sounds odd yet funny” I answered.

She rolled her eyes then sighed heavily “It says here that I’m done with British…Italian…Brazilian and French guys….my taste in men has changed and went Asian...there’s this pathetic question here too” she shook her head then scanned the article again “Here” she glanced at me then cleared “Will this Asian man fit Lyric Hill’s taste? Is he going to be as delicious as the Western men?”

I don’t know, but even if that question sounds off to me, I still find it funny. Yes, this is Lyric’s first “taste” on Asian men after indulging herself with Western men, but no matter how delicious those dudes are, I’m going to make sure that I’m the last man that she’ll taste. Ow! That sounds weird.

“So…” I looked at her “What’s your answer to those questions?” I asked.

She gasped in surprise “Oh puh-lease! Can we just ignore this trash?”

“Nope…I want to know the answers” I pushed, receiving a frustrated look from her.

Ever since Lyric was discharged from the hospital, articles about us having a relationship spread like wildfire not only here in London, but even in Korea. Youngbae made me read some articles about us that were released by gossip sites and I must say, they really know how to squeeze up.

“You really want my answer?” she asked and I gave her playful nods “Fine!” she said then took a deep breath.

I know so well that she’s going to fool around with her answers coz she really doesn’t want to take these kinds of things seriously.

“You already know that you’re the first Asian that I ever dated…right?” she asked, receiving a nod from me “Believe it or not….you’re on top of my list and I’m not saying this because you’re here with me …but I swear Jiyong….if I’m going to rate you and all the guys that I’ve dated…I will give you a perfect ten…meaning…you fit my taste and even exceeded my expectations…you’re like a Kimchi that looks plain and simple but once you eat it…you’ll see fireworks right in front of your very eyes coz it’s so DELICIOUS”

Aigoo. This woman is being so sweet again. In all fairness to her, she’s learning how to talk and move like any women in-love does. Her voice is softer and flirty without her trying and she’s more expressive both in words and gestures now that even her friends are shocked seeing her act differently.

“Good answer woman!” we exchanged high fives then burst out in laughter “I love how you compared me to Kimchi…that’s very Korean” I said, making her laugh harder.

“But I’m serious Jiyong…you’re really the greatest lover that I ever had…even my ex-husbands are nothing compared to you” she said, making me feels weird upon hearing her say “Ex-husbands”.

To be honest, up until now I still can’t believe that she’s already been married twice. Like what I always tell her, I need a little more time for her past to sink in me.

“Really? Even Mr. Brazil?” I asked playfully.

Her second husband and the father of her daughter is Brazilian. I don’t know much about him yet for Lyric hasn’t gone to much details about him, but I’m sure that I’ll know this man in a different level soon.

“What the heck! Mr. Brazil?” she asked then laughed.

“Yeah…he’s from there…right?” I asked and she gave a nod in agreement.

“Well…Mr. Brazil is a good lover but he’s not great at all…I don’t know if he’s just immature during the time we’re together….but…he doesn’t really know how to handle a relationship…he loves me but he continues to love other girls and thinking of how I agreed for us to have an open relationship wherein he can stoop around and fool around …is really stupid of me” she answered, making me really curious.

“Oh gosh! Your face tells me how curious you are” she said while laughing then cupped my face with both hands “How cute can you be?” she asked then gave me a peck on the lips.

“Cuter than Mr. Brazil” I joked.

“Yeah…whatever” she tapped the tip of my nose just like what Billie do before.

Lyric’s past is really complicated, I’m telling you, it’s much complicated than all the math problems combined.  Her life before is more twisted than a pretzel, while her decisions are more stupid than now.

“How were you able to handle that kind of relationship?” I asked.

She looked at me as if she’s telling me to drop the topic and just talk about another, but I can’t help it, I’m curious and once I didn’t get the answers to even half of my questions in mind, I’ll go crazy.

“To be honest…I don’t know” she answered then sighe

Please log in to read the full chapter