Forget me...not

Forget me not

 

Forget me not

Often, I think a prince would come and pick me up someday.
Often, I think he might be the one for me.
Often, I even have the feeling that he loves me too.
Often, that feeling is only a feeling.

 

  Looking through the window, you saw your childhood friend studying, well at least he is sitting there writing and stuff, they haven’t chatted for a while, you missed him, but you have a feeling that he wouldn’t want to talk to you in such time.

  You often wonder what you have done wrong, he seemed to be further and further away from you, we used to be that close to each other, but after that day he debuted, you just don’t seem to know him anymore.

‘DaeHyun!’ you finally reached outside her window and called. This window has been their way of communication for the past 10 years, since you guys were six they used to sit on the side of their window and chatted for whole night long, you were neighbors since you and him were babies and you are best friend since you guys were young.

  DaeHyun peeked out of the window and look at you, his eyes, it’s the thing that made you fall for him deeply. It just seem to make you feel like nothing is wrong everytime he looks at you. But this time, that pair of eyes seemed to fill with pain and agony, ‘maybe he is in need of resting, or maybe, he don’t want to see me’ you thought to yourself. 

‘ummm, when are you free? Maybe we could hang out?’

 Its so long since they last went out and she just don’t seem to remember what they did that time, all she remember was that every time she was with him, it was the best time in her life.

  ‘I don’t know, maybe next week, I’m filled with schedules this week’

He look at her and replied exhaustedly, even you yourself didn’t realize that disappointed expression that have been appearing on your face ‘oh, its alright then’when she was about to turn back into her room and do your own thing instead of disturbing him in his endless work, he stopped her ‘hey _____!’ you immediately turn around and look at him ‘yeah?’

‘maybe we could hang out at DisneyLand next saturday’ he asked

‘Sure!!’ you replied excitedly, it has really been long since Dae Hyun asked you out, it was either you asking him out or he was too busy with his carrier of being a famous KPop star.

  Everyday in the week, you have been trying really hard to have yourself stay in the best condition. you want to have Daehyun see the most perfect side of you, even you yourself don’t remember when have you started to care about how youself look so much, well, since there are rumors between DaeHyun and Sun Hwa coming out. That day when you heard about this rumor, you did not shed a single tear and begged DaeHyun to come back to you. Instead, you closed the curtain and stare at that photo album you owned, inside was all photo that you have taken with DaeHyun, its like their personal diary, there was one you specially liked, you and him were in primary school when that photo was taken. The little boy and little girl in the photo held hands and look so happy, they were standing by a bank of the river and they each held a little bucket.

  Back then till middle school, you and him were so close that even close friends of their own will some how think you guys were dating. But things changed after he debuted.



 

 

  Not long after, it was the day of you guys' date, that morning, you woke up very early to prepare yourself, you even wore make up that you never did. you checked everything many times to ensure that there are no problem, when the doorbell rang, you finally realize that you were late.

  you quickly ran towards the door and outside stood Daehyun, his hair was dyed brown because the need at work. He gently tapped your head

‘when will you stop being late. I have been waiting for you everytime, every date we have, you must be late.’

You smile embarrassingly and reach for the sunglasses he wore ‘don’t put on those,’ he reached out to grab it but you were faster to put it into your bag and tapped it gently, ‘please, for me?’ he looked at her for a few second before he nodded and said ‘aishhh, okay, only once’ your smile brightens up and you said ‘then lets go!’

  you and him have been playing for the whole day and you felt that this is the happiest day since you were born, Dae Hyun is finally back to you, actually not, his fans was following him and chatting with him for the whole day, but as long as you are with him, its alright. ‘lets go play that one okay?’ you pointed at the Ferris wheel and ran towards, Dae Hyun scratched his hair a little and smile at his fans embarrassingly, then he ran towards your direction quickly in order to catch up with you.

  When you and him finally settled down inside the Ferris wheel, you stared outside the window and exclaimed ‘omo hyunnie look at that, its soooo pretty’

‘Aigoo, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me like that ’Dae Hyun said but sat next to her and stared outside too.

‘well, what if I say no? Hyunnie Hyunnie-ahhhh Woahh, that castle is sooooo pretty, I want to be a princess, but where is my prince?’

‘aishh look at you, how would a prince choose you?’ Dae hyun said playfully and never did expect you taking that seriously, but he didn’t seem to discover that your smile is slowly fading away.

‘well im sorry, I m not like Sun Hwa’

‘what? What is it to do with Sun Hwa?’

‘I thought you are dating her?’ you looked at him and are scared that his answer was admitting this relationship.

‘what? no. Why would you believe that?’

after hearing this answer you were so revealed that you almost screamed out loud.

‘hyunnie baby don’t ever go near her again hahaha’ you started it as a joke at first but suddenly, your playful tone turned serious ‘you know what? I missed you so much, I missed you even when we are together like that. That’s how much I missed you.’

‘stop being so silly, we are together now’

‘Can we go back to how we are before?’ you asked

  Daehyun didn’t answer and you guys stayed silent for almost the rest of the journey. Just before landing, Daehyun felt that your lips were being covered by another lip, it was you lips, but their kiss didn’t last long before you backed off and said ‘I Love You,’ and then playfully pouted and say ‘come catch me if you can!’ then she ran off again. Daehyun touched his lips and said to himself 'aishhhh stupid girl that should be me doing that.' then ran off slowly into the direction where you went but just don’t seemed to find you any where, suddenly, he heard a scream, that scream was so familiar he ran off to that direction in his full speed, there were a lot of people surrounding something, ‘call the ambulance!’ ‘omg this girl is still so young ’ ‘how could that car go away just like that !’ someone shouted, your smile suddenly appeared in Daehyun's mind and he have a feeling that something went wrong. ‘excuse me’ he pushed into the crowd but no one seem to let him through ‘I said excuse me !’ and everybody looked at him ‘woah is that daehyun oppa?’ someone said, apparently there are Daehyun's fans there but still, no one seemed to let him through ‘listen, if you guys are my fan, then please let me go through, someone who is the most important person in my life might be in there, if I didn’t go there, I m scared that I might loose her forever.’

Finally the fans let him pass through the crowd till he saw a familiar figure lying in the middle of the crowd, you seemed so fragile lying in that pond of blood, he never know that a person have bleed that much blood, he quickly ran to her and hold her in his arms ‘______! Wake up!’ you opened her eyes weakly and smile ‘there you are, I thought you would never catch me. Then I would finally win, for once’ you joked playfully

‘stop being like that, are you alright?’ he sounded so worried

‘of course I am alright, this time, hyunnie-ah you are late, not me, atleast for one time I am earlier than you’ you winked at him and tried so hard to smile although you are in agony

‘I rather its me that is early for this time, ’ DaeHyun looked at you and tried so hard not to cry, he knows you hate seeing people cry, he know that you just cant bear it.

‘hyunnie-ah, im so cold’ you are shaking, Daehyun quickly warped his arms around you even tighter. You smiled in relief.

‘who ever said that ‘disney land is the happiest place in the world’, they’ve never been in your arms obviously.’ You stopped shaking for a while and look at him ‘I love you, I really do.’

DaeHyun looked at you seriously and said ‘I’m really sorry I said that on the Ferris Wheel, but you know what, your prince have been by your side for the past 14 years but you haven notice me, how much more stupid can you be? Please, i pled you, please dont ever leave me okay?’

You laughed, but stopped quickly because of agony ‘so you love me too? I never knew, maybe our story will not end this way if we told each other how we really felt earlier’

Daehyun quickly nodded and said ‘shhhhhh, im sorry I didn’t let you know, im sorry I even let that rumor spill out, if I have one more chance, I will not be a kpop star and instead, I will be only be your star.’

  you smile, but said ‘its hard but please, forget me and clear out the space in you heart, please, don’t ever force a smile to hide or fake what you really felt, please meet a girl better than me? ’

DaeHyun finally cried, ‘No, never. In any other life if we will ever have one, I promise I will find you no matter where you are and I will make you my girl’ And his slowly bend down in order to kiss her, his warm lips covered your trembling lips, the kiss was so long until Daehyun felt the trembling lips began to clam and the warm lips of yours grew cold. He suddenly remember your happy face when you said goodbye to him after every date they have and how you turned and hopped happily back home, it’s the same, but this time, this goodbye, is for eternity.