Chapter 2

Forbidden Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Take them out!” General Chaewok hissed and the Somestrian soldiers rushed forward with utmost silence and precision. Right before them were nine Arian guards – doing what seemed to be their usual patrol – and they couldn’t let themselves be noticed at all costs. They had to storm the palace unnoticed. Despite the silent moves of the soldiers from the fire land, the guards noticed the unfamiliar presence and turned around, already absorbing the water from the mist, but it was too late. Many of them were injured by the daggers and swords of the Somestrian soldiers even before they had the time to attack. However, they recovered quickly and stepped closer to each other, forming a circle around one man – the leader of this squad. 

 

Despite the injuries, they shot water orbs at the enemy, but the Somestrian warriors outdid them in numbers, and even with the advantage of being in a surrounding familiar to them didn’t help them much when all the Somestrians jumped at them with their weapons, from the front, side, behind. They lasted quite long though, long enough to repel all the attacks aimed at the man in the middle of the circle.

 

Kai could see that they were exchanging words in hurry, panic evident in their faces, and for a second he almost felt pity for those scared guards, but he immediately remembered that they were nothing but his enemies. People he ought to kill. He then saw a flash of uncertainty in the squad leader's eyes. That one moment of hesitance gave Kai the perfect opportunity, and he threw his dagger with a precision that was close to perfection, aiming at the leader. The man noticed the dagger, albeit a little too late, and bent to the side, but still, the dagger hit him heavily. The weapon immediately flew back to Kai and he caught it smoothly. Those daggers were special weapons, customized by the strongest armorer and priests in Somestria. As the prince, he, of course, possessed such a weapon.

 

General Chaewok was standing behind his men, not interested in fighting against little guards. He was saving his strength for the real enemy: The King. But his eyes widened when he saw the squad leader slowly rising from the steep ground of the mountain.

 

Water surrounded the Arian man, the liquid tightly wrapping around his body. For a second, the Somestrian soldiers were taken aback by that process as they had never seen such before. So that's how they move around in such a place, Kai thought, both intrigued and unwilling to admit that light fascination. The others soldiers were having similar thoughts. That second gave the Arian guards enough time to push them back by sending a big water wall.

 

As the water hit Kai mercilessly, he finally averted his gaze from the leader who shot up the sky, his body still in the water orb, parting the clouds in the process. Kai could catch a glimpse of the palace at the peak of the mountain, but before he could further stare at the building, a voice snapped him back to reality. “We need to catch up with that damn man!” It was General Chaewok's and Kai immediately understood what he meant. If that Arian guard managed to inform the palace, they'd send support and then the he and his soldiers would most-likely be unable to reach the palace. And they needed to reach the palace, as their goal was to capture the royal family.

 

Without further ado, grabbed two of his men, and closed his eyes, the memory of the palace at the peak of the mountain in front of his inner-eye. He took a deep breath and within seconds black mist whirled around him before he suddenly disappeared within it, the two men with him. As the Arian guards were all taken down by now, the Somestrian soldiers stared at where the prince disappeared to in awe. It was the first time they'd seen someone use the so-called second ability. It was a rarity in Somestris.

 

The general cocked his head in anger. The prince should have taken him with him, and not just two men. General Chaewok was the only one who'd know how to take care of the royal family of the enemy. “Tch.” His hand tightly wrapped around his sword as he sliced one of the Arian guard's head off his body. Blood shot out of the head that was rolling down the cliff, but the general didn’t even spare a glance at the dead man.

 

-

 

Her ruby eyes were tinted in worry and seriousness, as Yue entered the big hall of the palace. She had changed into her clothes fit for fighting. A short kimono above a skin-tight black shirt its sleeves made of a net-like cloth, and tight pants that stopped right above her knee, and the same cloth as the one for her sleeves covering the rest of her legs. The kimono hid the actual fighting outfit completely, only revealing the net-like cloth on her legs and a bit on her arms. Yue loved wearing the black outfit underneath her normal clothing as it gave her the comfort to fight any time, in case danger was approaching. Fighting in the traditional ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter