Chapter 2

Fake Smile

I gasped in shocked. If he saw me then my true self is seen.

“h-ho-how d-d-di-di-did y-yo-you kn-kn-knew i-i-i- was there?” I asked stuttering

“actually, I was going to save the kitten but you were there first.” He explained with a calm tone “I was really surprised. You were the only one who didn’t care to safe the kitten last morning but you were the only on that came back to school for the kitten.” Again he explain in such calm tone

“so, you probably think I’m weird right? I only film things I like.”

“no I don’t think so.”

His words made me gasped a little. He is the only one that understands more than anyone.

>the following day<

Again I sat alone with no one accompanying me. Suddenly Shin came to my table.

“here” tossing a canned cat food. I just look at it confused

“its for the cat’s grave. Not one of the students came to apologize? They really don’t have any respect!”

“im used to it”

“should we see the grave after school” I nodded and when we went there there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers already in the grave. It turns out Shin’s friend put it there. Suddenly I felt like someone pushed me a little. When I turned myself Shin said “go!” and I spoke to his friends for the first time.

 >as days past by<

Its been about 2 weeks since I made friends with Shin’s friend. Almost everyday at break time we would gather and talk while I filmed Shin. At that time when I filmed Shin I kinda smile a bit because it was so beautiful.

“DID YOU SEE?!”one of Shin’s friend said

“What?”

“Su-mi JUST SMILE!!!”

“WHAT?! I didn’t see it”

“she looks prettier that way”

“and kinda cute”

I was shocked at their comments. I looked at Shin and he just smiled. I feel like there is something wrong with him. I don’t know what is it but I know there must be something wrong with him.

It was the time to go home. I chased after Shin who is about to go home. I took my handicam and filmed him

“what is it Su-mi? is something wrong?”

“SMILE!!”

“What?”

“I SAID SMILE!!”

“but im always smiling. See?”

“NO!”

“No? Su-mi what do y-“

“YOU NEVER SMILED LIKE YOU REALLY MEAN IT! ALL THIS TIME YOU HAVE BEEN  ACTING!”

“Actin-“

“I WANT TO SEE IT!!”

“See what?”

“YOU! YOU SMILE SINCERELY! HONESTLY FROM THE HEART! YOUR TRUE SELF!!”

“What are you saying? I really meant it when I smile”

His answer surprised me. I ran off throwing my handicam I thought he understands me but I was wrong. Only a miracle can bring one person who understands my true self.

“oh! Su-mi dropped her Handicam.” Shin opened it and looked at the movies filmed.

“they are all my videos”

>several weeks later<

For the past weeks Shin hasn’t come to school. I was getting worried. Then I think I need to see him. Suddenly…

“IS SU-MI HERE?! YOU HAVE A CALL FROM SHIN!” a student yelled in the class and I quickly take the call. “hi Su-mi! “

“what have you been doing?”

sorry, im not in a good situation. I got a fax from the company yesterday. They say that t-th-there w-will be an a-arrrt-icle soon. I have to go there before the media’s find me. I might not be able to get back. But im sure about 1 thing. I…I want….to see you…I want to see you now…”

after I heard that I rushed out my seat and went to meet him. He was standing wearing a coat with a handicam in his hands.

“SHIIIIIIN!”

“hi~!”

“WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME?!”

“never mind that this is yours right? You dropped it when you left.”

At the back of Shin 2 Media’s come to see Shin. “RUN FOR IT” I yelled while pulling his hand. At the middle of the road Shin suddenly collapsed and he is already surrounded by many people. I quickly protect him so that he would be safe. I covered him and broke some cameras.  “DON’T FILM HIM!!” I screamed out loud warning them. At the same tim Shin’s manager came and quickly send us to the hospital.