Yet Another Bad Day

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

About two hours later and a few shopping bags added, both groups had assembled at the food court, insisting on filling the now gaping feeling that had totally been full not a few hours ago.

“Ooooh! What did you buy?!” Gogi exclaimed excited when Nana and the trio came into view. They chose a table at a corner that was empty along with the tables around it, the boys continuing their separation plan as they piled on to two separate tables, shopping bags littering the ground and tables around them.

“I’m hungry!” Nana stretched putting her wallet and cellphone onto the table that Jonghyun and Key inhabited.

“Wanna go get something?” Gogi gestured over her shoulder as Nana nodded, grabbing her wallet, leaving her cellphone sitting there.

Go, we’ll watch the bags for now.” Taemin reassured when he noticed Gogi’s hesitant expression. The girls quickly shuffled through the heavily packed food court to one of the various booths set up.

“So how’d it go?” Gogi asked over to Nana, an expectant look painted across her face.

“How’d what go?” Nana asked over innocently as she turned her attention from the menu to her friend. Gogi just scoffed, elbowing her friend before gesturing over her shoulder. Nana sighed looking over her shoulder, obviously to their table to see that Jonghyun was having a heated talk with Key, his eyes suddenly whipped up, his eyes connecting with hers. She quickly looked away, an innocent expression still holding hard.

“Did something happen?” Gogi asked interested as Nana looked down to her, her eyes narrowing in on her.

“Don’t ask.” Nana mentioned before turning away to look at the menu, Korean slowly moving across her train of sight.

“Did you at least talk to the dude?” Gogi asked annoyed as Nana sighed, hanging her head back before tilting it to glare at her friend.

“We spoke, some.” Nana answered emotionless as Gogi stared at her, trying to figure out what she meant.

“Some, meaning?” Gogi asked giving up on trying to figure out what she was talking about.

“He’s going to join us for a run sometime.” Nana stepped up as the line shortened, Gogi’s eyes just widened as she stepped up next to her friend.

“You invited him?” She asked speechless as Nana sighed before turning to her excited friend.

“Before you start throwing confetti, I was inviting Key who turned me down and then told me to take him.” Nana explained as Gogi snorted, rolling her eyes.

“Figures.”

 

So how’d it go?” Taemin asked once the girls were out of hearing distance. Jonghyun looked up from his phone in interest to the conversation only to see that all eyes were on him.

What? Who? Me?” He asked confused as Onew sighed.

Seriously Jonghyun-ah, what did she ever do for you to basically put her on your kill cam?” Onew asked interested, his chin now resting on his intertwined fingers. Jonghyun snorted, looking back down to his phone for something to distract her.

Why don’t you ask Key? He seems to know more about this than I do.” Jonghyun seethed as Key rolled his eyes.

Oh don’t turn this on me. It’s you that treats her like crap every second of the day.” Key muttered under his breath looking around, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

Suddenly a vibrating noise broke the conversation as everyone immediately began checking their phones.

Where is that coming from?” Taemin asked confused as the guys began moving the bags that were littering the tables to find Nana’s phone with an incoming call.

Oh, it’s Nana-ah.” Jonghyun announced being the one closest to it and the one that found it.

Answer it, It might be important.” Key pushed as Jonghyun sighed, flipping open the case to see Mr. Choi flashing across the screen, he confusingly pressed answer.
Hello?” He answered, all eyes now on him.

“Um, who is this?” The deep bass voice asked defensively.

Dude, you’re the one that called. Who’s this?” Jonghyun hated it when people would ask that, even though they were the one to call first.

This is Seunghyun. Who is this?” The deep bass voice got lower as Key tapped Jonghyun who just shrugged in confusion.

This is Jonghyun. If you’re looking for Nana-ah, she isn’t here right now.” Jonghyun explained as the voice muttered something under his breath.

Who are you? Her friend? Boyfriend?” The voice asked, boyfriend coming out in a hiss as Jonghyun snorted, now he was totally annoyed.

And if I was, what are you going to do about it?” Jonghyun asked cockily as the voice hissed.

I don’t know who the hell you are but Nana-ah is mine. You best stay away from her.” The voice warned before hanging up as Jonghyun scoffed, pulling the phone away from his ear to look at it in disbelief.

Wow, this bastard.” He muttered in amusement as he threw her phone onto the table annoyed.

So, who was it?” Onew asked as Jonghyun shrugged.

Some dude looking for Nana-ah.” Jonghyun explained as Key’s eyes’ widened.
Who was it?” Key asked interested as Jonghyun turned the phone over to see the call ended caller ID was still on the screen.

Mr. Choi. He said his name was Seunghyun.” Jonghyun explained as the group began puzzle piecing the name together, trying to put a face to the name.

Wait.” Taemin suddenly startled everyone as they looked to him.

Did he have a deep voice? Like really deep?” Taemin asked gesturing to his throat as Jonghyun nodded. Taemin chuckled in amusement before looking up in disbelief.
What?” Onew asked eager as Taemin laughed again, this time turning to everyone.

You think it could have been Big Bang’s TOP-ssi?” Taemin offered as Key’s eyes shot open.

It was!” Key shouted in realization before covering his mouth in surprise.

Wait, what?” Jonghyun stopped them annoyed, not totally getting the conversation.

Nana-ah said she went to a party the other night at YG Entertainment. TOP-ssi invited her.” Key explained as Taemin gasped in surprise.

“Woah. Does that mean Nana-ah is close with TOP-ssi?” Taemin asked excited as Key shrugged.

Would explain why he called her.” Onew offered as Key nodded.

 

“So what about you?” Nana turned the conversation on Gogi as they now waited for their ordered food. Gogi looked up from the straw she was slipping into her soda.

“What about me?” Gogi asked before sipping her soda.

“You like Onew.” Nana bluntly teased as Gogi began choking back on her soda.

“W-what? That’s absurd.” Gogi whined as Nana rolled her eyes, looking over to the side to see a trio of boys talking and looking at them amused. She rolled her eyes when one winked at her before turning back to Gogi.

“Like you always tell me, I know you better than you think.” Nana proudly spoke as Gogi snorted.

“Oh yeah. Sure you do.” Gogi muttered sarcastically as Nana rolled her eyes.

Order #57!” A voice over the speakers called as Nana looked down to their ticket to see that it was theirs.

“That’s ours.” Nana announced as the pair walked over to grab the two trays of food, enough for them to share with the guys.

Thank you.” Gogi bowed her head to the woman handing them their trays before turning and walking away.

“It smells so good.” Nana moaned as Gogi chuckled.

“Let’s just hurry to the table before you breathe the tray in.” Gogi teased as Nana rolled her eyes. The moment the girls came into view, their conversation had quieted down. The boys began moving the bags to the free chairs to make room for the girls trays.

Geez, did you guys get enough food?” Taemin asked surprised as Gogi chuckled.

We got enough that you guys are free to pick off of.” Gogi offered as Key’s eyes lit up.

Naturally the guys stood up and bought their own food before joining in the girls again.

Oh Nana-ah.” Taemin said with a mouth full as she looked up from her tray.

“Hm?” She answered wiping the corners of as he nudged his head to her phone silently lying next to her hand.

You missed a phone call when you were away.” He mentioned as her eyes immediately looked down to the phone, turning on the screen before going to her recent calls. Her eyes slightly widening when the last phone call popped up.

Did someone answer it?” She asked hesitantly as Key nodded, nudging his head in Jonghyun’s direction.

They made me.” Jonghyun quickly defended himself seeing the way her eyes were turning into a glare.

We thought it was something important.” Onew defended as she sighed and nodded before turning back to her food.

Is there something he wanted?” She asked never looking up from her tray now half empty. Jonghyun swallowed his soup before side eying her across the table.

He was looking for you.” He answered as she nodded in acknowledgement.

Was it TOP-ssi?” Taemin asked over interested as Nana broke out in a blush before clearing and nodding.

Awesome! Are you close to TOP-ssi now?” Taemin asked eager, his fan boy persona slowly showing itself. She smiled over at him before nodding.

You could say so.” She answered as he clapped his hands once and turned back to his food.

It grew awkward around the table once again as they all silently enjoyed their lunch. Nana looked up hesitantly from her plate, her eyes immediately catching the man sitting across the table, already staring at her. She cleared and looked away to Gogi, smiling when she noticed her eyes glued on the Chicken Maniac now devouring his third piece.

So it is true.” Nana whispered nudging Key, trying to get the fact the man sitting across from her hadn’t pulled his eyes from her since the phone conversation. Key looked up to see what she was referring to before sighing.

As embarrassing as Hyung can get with that, yes, it’s true.” Key spoke embarrassed as Onew looked up from the bone now sitting across his palm, confused to why everyone was staring at him.

What?” He asked confused once he had swallowed the chewed pieces. Nana sighed, before leaning her head on her palm, her messy bun now leaning over the side of her head.

It’s really true what your fans say about your obsession to chicken.” She bluntly spoke as Onew looked around surprised before looking to her.

I mean, where does it all go?” She asked looking him up and down in wonder, sending Taemin and Key into a fit of giggles.

What? Is it illegal to love chicken?” He asked outraged as he dropped the bone into the box before grabbing a napkin.

No, but it should be illegal to eat it the way you do.” Nana muttered as Key broke out laughing, no longer able to hold it in.

Aish, two months with these girls and already they are picking at my habits.” Onew muttered turning away with a glare. Nana couldn’t help but laugh when she saw her friends face to the man sitting across from her, it was look of amusement with a twist of disgust. She smiled inwardly before turning away to see the man across her still staring at her.

What?” She finally gave in and asked as he continued to look at her.

Is there something on my face?” Nana asked as she turned to Key unsure.

No.” He answered turning back to look at Jonghyun with her.

Are you guys dating?” Jonghyun bluntly asked as she choked back on her drink, almost spewing it across the table at her. Coughing, Key patting her back to comforter her.

Unnie, are you alright?” Gogi asked worried reaching over to help pat her friends back. Nana sighed in relief when she got her breath back, looking up accusingly at Jonghyun.

So?” He asked amused as Nana snorted.

No, we’re not.” She answered seriously as he smirked from behind his mask.

The way he was insisting who I was, says otherwise.” He added as she sighed, putting a hand through her now free hair.

We’re not dating. It’s against our contract.” Nana added irritated as she turned to see Gogi’s concerned expression directed at her.

Well he didn’t deny it when I asked him.” Jonghyun added as her head whipped over to him, her eyes now large.

Shut up. He’s not like that.” She denied as he scoffed, siting back in his seat amused.

No, I clearly remember him saying that you were his and I had to stay away from you.” Jonghyun spoke in mock mimicking as Nana gripped the edge of the table, her blood now boiling under her skin. He was pushing all the wrong buttons right now.

We’re not dating.” She seethed as he sighed and nodded.

Whatever. Think what you want, but I think he wants more from you.” Jonghyun turned away smirking as Nana shot out of her seat, her arms across the table, yanking him out of his own by his collar, his sunglasses now barely hanging on to his face. She hissed into his face as he looked to her surprised.

We are not dating. I don’t even know why I have to explain myself to someone like you in the first place. You don’t care about me, or anything aside from yourself. If you knew me a bit better, you would know that slip of paper I signed my life away with means the world to me. Dating an idol or anyone aside from that, is the last thing on my mind. So stay the out of my life and continue worrying about yourself.” Nana seethed before dropping him and grabbing her things from the table, scarf and beanie now in place before picking up her bags, gently pushing Key away when he tried to help her.

I’m leaving. Gogi have the guys walk you home when you’re done. I need some time alone.” Nana muttered, bowing her head to the other members before marching away without a second glance over her shoulder.

 

Aish, hyung!” Taemin snapped the moment Nana had left the food court. Key glared over at the man still sitting there in a heap, staring in the direction she had left in.

Jonghyun-ah, can I talk to you? Now.” Key announced standing and walking away without even bothering to wait for an answer. Jonghyun sighed, standing up with his hands in his pockets before he walked to join the enraged member now standing in the hallway leading to the bathrooms.

You went and did it again.” Key immediately accused as Jonghyun sighed, leaning his back against the wall.

Before you accuse me of anything, let me explain.” Jonghyun interrupted as Key caught his tongue, a profanity waiting to erupt in his annoyance.

TOP-ssi asked if I was her boyfriend.” Jonghyun explained as Key leaned against the opposite wall, his eyes glued to him.

And?” Key asked his arms slowly crossing over his chest in seriousness.

I don’t know why but I had the sudden urge to do it and answered back ‘If I am, what are you going to do about it?’” Jonghyun further explained as Key stared at him confused.

Um, question.” Key quickly interrupted with his hand up.

Why would you say that back to him?” Key asked annoyed as Jonghyun sighed, looking away.

I just felt like it.” Jonghyun shrugged as Key narrowed his eyes at .

“Jonghyun.” Key called seriously as Jonghyun turned to look at him unsure.

I like Nana-ah.” Key admitted suddenly causing Jonghyun’s eyes to widen.

I’m not sure why you treat her the way you do, but it’s really starting to piss me off. She is amazing person and you treating her like so is unleashing something in her that none of us want to witness. Stop.” Key warned pushing off the wall as Jonghyun just stood there speechless.

Frankly, I don’t care if you tell anyone else about my feelings because they are just that, feelings. I will do anything in my power to protect her and her dreams, even if it means I have to protect her from you.” Key hissed, looking his friend up and down before walking away without another word.

I do too.” Jonghyun whispered to himself, his hands clenched in fists as he shut his eyes. What the hell was wrong with him?