Berries & Bangie

Bigosaurus Bang [HIATUS]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note

I was so devastated to hear about the passing of Taeyang's dog, Boss. It's so sad :(

I gave him a little tribute mention in this chapter. I hope Taeyang will be alright. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He felt something coarse scrape his cheek, ha ha that tickled. He opened his eyes and saw a really big tongue slobbering all over him, his salty tears overzealously. He cautiously nudged the lizard-like animal, trying to get it to stop his face, while being careful not to anger it. Taeyang had never seen anything like it, it almost looked like a miniature dinosaur, except it was wagging its tail profusely. He got a pang in his stomach, it reminded him of his beloved dog Boss that was now in heaven. He hoped he was doing good, running around up there, eating all the treats he could handle. Taeyang sat up, more tears running down his cheeks. The lizard tried to get to them, extending its tongue as far as it would go, but Taeyang held it back. He wiped the tears away with the back of his sleeve. The lizard calmed down, still wagging its tail excitedly. Taeyang giggled and stuck his hand out, letting it sniff it. It his hand forcefully, careful to get in between his fingers as well. “Ha ha you're a clever little fellow, aren't you?” Taeyang said out loud, smiling. Very slowly he moved his hand over its head and tried petting it a little. He rubbed the back of its head and the little creature closed its eyes and made a funky sound that sounded a lot like purring.

After a while Taeyang remembered how incredibly hungry he was. He stood up, “Go on little one, you're free to go.” he said while he made a hand gesture towards the direction from where it had come, implying that it should go away. For a moment the creature just watched him, seeming not to understand anything. Taeyang repeated the action a few times. After the last time the lizard raised its hand a little, pointing in the same direction as Taeyang. Taeyang was speechless, it had to be a coincidence. He tried it with the other hand, and the creature followed suit. Taeyang couldn't believe his eyes. He tried stomping his leg down a few times. Nothing happened. Okay, it was the hunger that was making his imagination run wild. *bomp* *bomp* The lizard stomped its leg. Taeyang gasped. Was he dreaming? He raised his arm up, and down, up and down. Soon the creature followed, its tiny hand going up and down. “What up, what up..” Taeyang started singing, still waving his arm, the lizard still copying him. “Niga saranghaneun naneun sorry I’m a bad boy..” he sang, dancing around the creature that succumbed to the excitement and started jumping up and down. Taeyang collapsed in fits of laughter. The lizard used the chance to his face some more. While he was on the ground, Taeyang glimpsed something red in a nearby bush. Berries! He jumped up and picked a few. He put one of them up to his nose, it didn't smell like much. He popped it into his mouth, it was rich and juicy. It tasted like strawberries mixed with cherries, with a hint of orange to top it off. “Mmmm...” Taeyang put the rest of the berries he had in his hand in his mouth and closed his eyes. Pure heaven. He used the front of his sweater as a bucket and picked like a mad man. He took some in his hand and gave it to the lizard. It sniffed it carefully and then squealed and made weird blowing noises with its nose. “Okay, okay, so you don't eat berries, my bad.” Taeyang said soothingly. Hmm, what did he eat then.. meat? Taeyang got a bit nervous, maybe he was on its menu. No, it was too cute to be dangerous he convinced himself. After picking a sweater full of berries he stood up again. “Okay, now I really have to go little buddy.” he started walking in the direction of their camp. He peeked behind him after a few steps, the creature was following him. “Go on, go!” he said forcefully, waving it away. The creature just stared at him. He waited a second and then started running away. He ran as fast as he could and stopped only when he was completely out of breath. He looked around, the creature was nowhere to be seen. He had managed to shake it.

 

Taeyang's tracking system had worked so it was easy enough finding the way back. The guys were already awake and had worried looks on their faces. When Taeyang appeared, G-Dragon ran straight to him and hugged him tightly. Almost too tightly. All the berries fell to the ground as Taeyang released his hold on the sweater and hugged him back. A warm feeling overtaking his whole body. Soon the rest of the guys had joined them in one big group hug. After releasing him, G-Dragon shouted “Where were you?!”, he was pretty mad. “I was dying of hunger so I wanted to check if I could find something for us to eat. I would've let you know but you were all sleeping so peacefully and who knows when we are going to get a good night's sleep again.” he smiled apologetically. G-Dragon's anger melted away, “Okay, it's good that you came back safely at least. Next time you ask someone to go with you! We have to set some ground rules, the first one being that no one goes anywhere alone!”. The guys agreed, now staring at all the berries that were sprawled out on the ground. “Dig in, they are super delicious!” Taeyang said smiling, his eyes disappearing into an eyesmile.

 

“Shh!” Seungri said, “I hear something..”. The guys stopped eating. There was a definite rustling sound, it was faint, but it was there. TOP and Daesung exchanged fearful looks. Out of the bush appeared a little creature. It walked slowly toward Taeyang making a mysterious clicking sound. Before Taeyang could react, G-Dragon jumped in front of him and bathed out his hands, “Taeyang, RUN!!” he yelled. Taeyang put his hand on G-Dragon's shoulder giggling, “Wow, you would do that for me?” he said ecstatic. G-Dragon looked puzzled. Taeyang beckoned to the animal to come, and it ran into his lap, poking its head into Taeyang's side, begging him for some petting. “Hi, little buddy.” Taeyang said as he rubbed the back of its head. The rest of the guys had their jaws on the floor. Taeyang filled them in on this morning's happenings.

They finished all the berries and sat around for a while. “He needs a name don't you think?” G-Dragon said, looking at the lizard-like creature balled up in Taeyang's lap, taking a nap. “What about... Small Bang?” Daesung said snickering. The guys looked at him with blank faces. “Oh I get it, we're Big Bang so he's Small Bang, right?” TOP laughed. Daesung laughed harder “Yeah, hyung, yeah! You totally get me!”, his eyes watering from laughter. “I like it!” Taeyang said, “We'll call him Bangie for short.”.

 

Taeyang's stomach let out an ominous sound. He grabbed it with a painful expression. “Are you okay?” G-Dragon asked worried. “Emm...” Taeyang bent over the log he had been leaning against and bid farewell to all the berries he had eaten this morning. G-Dragon rubbed his back softly. Seungri's stomach growled loudly, joined by Daesung's as well. Seungri turned green.