Chapter Two - Jessica.

Can`t Hold Us.

Can`t Hold Us 

Chapter Two - Jessica 

______________________________________________

 

 

I slowly zipped up my pink gym bag, my cheerleading uniform in there. Panthers. Of course, I was captain. Why wouldn't I be? I took seven years of gymnastics and dance as a kid, so I was pretty much the most flexibe in my year. After auditioning for the team when I first joined school, I'd earned by captain membership well. I was pretty proud. 

My best friend and the vice captain of Panthers, Tiffany, stood next to me. She stared at my pink bag with envy. She loved the colour pink, like me. Anyone who wore it or owned anything of the colour - she envied. It was quite funny, sometimes. She threatened to hit a girl who wore full pink clothes one day. Me and my boyfriend, Josh, just watched laughing. Josh. I loved him so much, but sometimes he was a . Captain of the football team, of course. We were the couple of the school, and everyone knew it. Just like in the movies. 

"Ready?" Tiffany asked me, her eyes shining with excitement. I stared at my bag for a while, then up at her.

"Yeah, let's go." I gave a faint smile and my heel out the gym door, and Tiffany followed as we walked to my car. It was a cream convertible BMW. Yeah, I was rich. Deal with it. 

I started the engine, and we drove out of the training grounds and down the road. The wind rushed through my hair, and "Can't Hold Us" was blaring out loudly as I placed my sunglasses on. Down the road and through the houses - appearing in the busy city life with the traffic of a typical Friday afternoon. I drove round a corner and stopped outside Tiffany's apartment. She was lucky. She had the penthouse of the apartment, and lived with her sister and boyfriend. Plus her sister was never around, leaving the house to them. I waved bye to her, and turned around - speeding across the roads and into my driveway. As I got out, I picked up my gym bag and glanced at the house next to mine. It wasn't the worst, but not as good as our house.

I walked in, and placed my bag next to the door.

"Hello Jessica," my mother said, walking in with her apron on. I smiled.

"Hi."

I walked past her, and into the kitchen where the smell of chocolate filled the air. I looked at the big chocoloate cake sitting on the table, surrounded by teacups and saucers. We were Korean, not traditional english. 

"Mum, who is the cake for?" I asked, taking my brown hair out of the ponytail it was in. I placed the hairband on the table.

"The family." 

"Oh, mum. I'm on a diet. You don't see fat cheerleaders, do you?" I sneered my nose up, and walked away and up two flights of stairs to my massive bedroom. Yes, I was spoilt. Yes, I was a brat. Did I care? Not. One. Bit. 

I looked out the window, and at the house next to ours. Who the hell lived there? I often heared drunken shouts from there in the middle of the night from a girl. The voice seemed pretty young, but very fierce at the same time. As I looked at the window that led into the house, I could make out the shadow of a girl. The only thing was it wasn't a shadow - and actually a girl. I raised my eyebrow out of suprise, and quickly shut the curtain. How unciviliced to go looking in other people's windows. The girl had long dark hair, and the same Korean eyes as me. She was very pale, and wore a red hoodie - that was all I could see. But as I searched my mind at the picture, I saw that the hoodie had our school logo on it. She was from my school? I laughed. 

 

I walked away from where I was, and sat down at my dressing table. I gently ruffled my hair, and picked up the mascara. Applying it gently to me eyelashes, I smiled to myself.

That night I was going out to town to go to some clubs. There was a new one that opened up, and was supposed to be the hottest thing in the city. I smiled, and glanced at the clock. One hour until Tiff picked me up to go. 

I walked to my wardrobe, and picked up some tight fitting leather leggings, along with a black see through top and some six inch black glittery heels. As I slipped them on, I had half an hour to do my hair and makeup. Loose curls, and red glossy lips. That would attract Josh in, right? I smiled to myself, and just on time - Tiffany beeped her horn  to let me know she was outside. Quickly picking up my iPhone, I ran down the stairs - tripping once or twice. 

"Bye, Mum." 

God knows where my Dad was. He was so busy with work in New York, there was barely any time to see him anymore. I ran out of the door, and grinned at Tiffany.

"Part-aaaay!" I shouted loudly, laughing as I got in her convertible car.

"Hell yeah!" she screamed, grinning ear to ear as we sped off into the dusk night. Tonight would be great.

As we arrived at the hot new club, Escape, Josh was there waiting. He had black hair, and a flick fringe. He was quite tall, and very muscular. I smiled as I saw him, and got out of the car to kiss him.

"Whats up, babe?" he smiled, starting to kiss me deeply. I laughed, and pushed him away. I walked into the club with Tiffany whilst Josh tagged behind us, and we went straight to the bar.

"Anything with a high alcohol level!" Tiffany laughed. The bartender gave us our alcohol, and we walked away to a private booth. The music pumped around the room, hundreds of teens and adults sweating and dancing to the loud music. 

"Want to dance?" Josh asked me, getting up.

"No." I answered simply, sticking close to Tiffany. He raised his eyebrow and walked away. For the next half an hour, me and Tiffany were having a great time. Laughing and ing about girls from our school whilst getting drunker and drunker by the minute. 

But, the night was ruined. Close together, I spotted Josh and a teen girl dirty dancing together. It took a moment to sink in, but then they started to make out - basically swallowing eachothers tounge. I took a breath in, and downed my drink. Leaving Tiffany behind, I stood up and looked for the closest target near Josh to make out with. 

A girl. 

Was it a mistake?

No.

She had dark hair, put in a ponytail, and was wearing a mini skirt with a crop top. I took one glance at her, and actually felt quite attracted to her. It was a weird feeling, but it also felt great. 

I walked up to her, and started to dance.