Even I'm Not Spared

When Tears Equals To Love

I was lying in bed. One week has passed since Eunhyuk announced his engagement. I sighed. Someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!"I answered.

The door opened and my nanny stepped in.

"Your parents and grandmother wants to see you downstairs,"she told me.

"Oh!"I nodded my head and followed her out.

We walked down the stairs and she opened the double doors to the living room for me. The three of them sat on the three-seat sofa. My father looked up as I walked in.

"Sit,"he pointed to the one-seat sofa.

I walked towards it and sat down.

"We were discussing for the longest time ever and we came to a decision,"my father started.

A decision about what? Sending me overseas to study? But I don't want to! I'm happy in Korea!!!

"Please don't be mad at us. It's only for your own good,"my mother said.

Oh, should be about studies then, huh? NEW SCHOOL?! YAY! NO MORE EUNHYUK! Oh! That kinda equals to no more Sunye and Jaejoong! Oh, and Sungmin!!!!

"But you need to understand that we're planning this so it reassures us that you won't make any mistake in the future,"my grandmother continued.

Oh! Must be my career then, right? Are they going to reject my career plan of being a pilot?! PLEASE SAY NO! Don't tell me they want me to take over dad's company! NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

"So, will you promise to be calm after we break the news to you?"my mother asked.

Okay! So its something that will make me explode.

"Okay,"I said.

"Right,"my father took a deep breath.

What's the matter with them???

"We decided to help you find a fiance because we didn't want you to marry the wrong person,"my father said.

"What?!"I exclaimed.

"You promised to keep calm,"my grandmother stared at me.

I kept quiet.

"And we found out you've been dating a guy called, Sungmin behind our back,"my mother glared at me.

I gulped.

"Since you have broken the house rules, you'll have to do what we say!"my father said sternly.

I lowered my eyes.

"And we've got you engaged to one of the most promising young man in the country,"my mother ended.

"WHAT?! But I'm only 17!"I shouted.

"QUIET!"my grandmother shouted back.

I kept quiet.

"Young lady, we've been kind enough to forgive you for dating a guy behind our backs even after you promised not to! If you don't listen to us this time round, I'm afraid you'll have to be homeschooled!"my father glared.

Homeschool!!! That's even worse! I'll have no friends. I won't even be able to get out of the house!

"I knew by letting her go to school was a bad choice but you all won't listen!"my grandmother argued.

"I didn't know she has become a rebel!"my father scolded.

"I'll get the PI to tighten up on their tailing. Make sure she doesn't get to even talk to that Sungmin guy!"my mother shook her head in disapproval.

"Have you got anything to say about this matter?"my father asked in a tone that is daring me to object to whatever they have said.

"Who's my fiance, then?"I asked.

If it's Jaejoong, I'll be relieved.

"You'll know when the time comes,"my father said.

My mother looked at me.

"No, it's not Kim Jaejoong. We wouldn't want you to be engaged to a boy who's the son of the general manger of our own company. How stupid is that!"my mother said.

"You're engaged to a young man who's about to inherit a huge company! Count yourself lucky! You won't even have to work after you graduate from school. So, you can stop thinking of being a pilot,"my grandmother smiled.

I gritted my teeth in anger.

"Alright then. Since we have talked about this matter, you can go back up to your room. You're excused from studying since you won't need what you learnt after you graduate anyway,"my mother smiled.

"Lucky girl!"my grandmother smiled.

I stood up and ran back to my room. I slammed my door shut and began to cry. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY FAMILY?! ARE THEY MAD?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need someone to talk to! SUNYE! She'll know how to comfort me. She might even plan to get me shipped off the some unknown country! I called her using my mobile phone and she picked up after the second ring.

"Hello?"Sunye answered.

"Hey,"I sniffed.

"Are you alright?"she asked.

"No! Today is the worst day of my life!"I sobbed.

"Aww, you always say that. Tell me what happened,"she said.

"I'm engaged to some idiot who's going to inherit a big company!"I sobbed even louder.

"Oh! That's really bad,"Sunye said.

"SUNYE! You're not supposed to say that,"I cried.

"Sorry sorry! Anyway, look on the bright side, he's rich guy after all. Didn't we say we want to marry rich guys when we grow up?"Sunye said.

"But not in this way. I want the rich guy and I to fall in love! I'm practically forced to marry that rich idiot!"I yelled.

"Do you know who that guy is?"she asked.

"They wouldn't let me know!"I sniffed.

"Ohh! But if its arranged by your parents, you know that guy would be a decent one,"Sunye said.

"THIS IS SO ANNOYING!"I sniffed even more.

"You know, I've a hunch that your fiance will turn out to be Jaejoong,"Sunye said slowly.

"Its not. I asked! He was the first person who came into my mind,"I told her.

"Oh right! Your parents won't benefit in terms of business if you married Jaejoong. Anyway, Jaejoong doesn't get to inherit a big company, so it can't be him,"Sunye said.

"Sun, you know whats worse?"I asked.

"What worse than an engagement?"she asked.

"My parents found out about Sungmin and I,"I told her.

"OH MY GOD! THAT IS WORSE!!! How did they find out?"she asked.

"They got someone to follow me! And they're going to tighten the following!!!"I cried.

"But I don't think its that bad. Maybe you'll stop thinking of Sungmin and fall in love with your fiance,"Sunye tried to think positive.

"Impossible. I bet my fiance is a big fat pig!"I stated.

"Haemin, Haemin! Anyway, I got to go for tuition! Talk to you later yeah?"Sunye said.

"Okay. Bye!"I hung up.

I lied in bed and cried. Till I fell asleep.........................................

THE NEXT DAY

I spend the whole day in school, moping. Thinking of the engagement and how unfair the life is. Why did other girls get marry their one true love and I have to marry some idiot freak? UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

"What are you thinking about eh?"Sungmin asked me as he put his hand over mine.

"Nothing,"I shifted my hand.

"You sure? You seem listless today,"he said as he looked at me.

"I'm okay,"I kept mum about my engagement.

*BEEP!* My car came.

"Gotta go! See you tomorrow,"I ran off.

"Haemin!"Sungmin called out but I chose to ignore.

I reached home and thought about it. Dinner time came and I went for dinner. I stepped into the dining room to find my grandmother alone there.

"Your parents are working late,"she said.

I took my place. I waited till grandma started eating before I ate.

"So, how are you today?"she asked.

"Okay,"the politically correct answer.

"Good that you're taking your engagement so well,"she said.

SHUT UP!

"Anyway, you'll be meeting your fiance this coming Saturday,"she said as she sipped Chinese tea.

"WHAT?!"I exclaimed.

"Your mother has gotten Phillip to be here this Saturday morning to get everything ready,"she told me.

Phillip is my family's fashion co-ordinator. He'll be helping us pick the best clothes out of our wardrobe, style our hair and do our make-up. My mother would always call him for special occasions.

"Drink more water these few days to get your skin in the right shape,"she said.

This !

"Hear me?"she raised her voice a little.

"Yes, grandma,"I answered.

After dinner, I went back to my bedroom and cried.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel