6 Coming Back

Wasted

     Its been five years already since I gon' crazy. Now, theres a lot of changes happened. Some improved but some are not and some are getting worst. Im a licensed Engineer now.

 

    When I came back to California I got wasted all the time but someone came that made my life change. Whenever I saw her its like she's telling me that I can do better than drinking all night long. So, I decided to lessen the fun and study. Now, that Im back, Im with my girl. My little girl, Alice. She's five years old now. Yes, Alice is the one Im talking that changed my life.

 

  When I was in California I met a guy and we had once and Alice was the result. I never thought of aborting her. Why would I? She's a gift to me and I love my daughter. Her Dad was nowhere to be seen when I got pregnant. I guess he's not ready for this kind of responsibility. He even told me to just kill her. Im not telling that he's a bad guy but maybe he's just afraid and not ready. I had a great relationship with my daughter I always tell her that no matter what happen just smile because everything will be ok in the right time. And life is WODERFUL. Its Wonderland.

 

   I always brings her to my work because I dont want her to feel that my work was more important than her. Her eyes were gray which she got from her dad. Those eyes were my favorite, gray. Maybe, thats one of the reason why I fell for her dad.

 

    Its already luch time.

"Hey, sweetie. What do you want for lunch?" She think first.

 

"I want steak Engr. Castro". She sometimes called me that and when I look at her.

 

"oppss. . I want steak MOMmy" She said and gave me a kiss and hug.

 

     We went into a restaurant and take some order. Were waiting for our foods when a lady walks towards us. Jessica. . . At first she didnt notice me but when she look down she saw me and stop. She just stood there like she saw a ghost. I stand.

 

"Hey. .". Its been five years Jess. I heard she's dating some hot guy now and Im happy for her. It takes a minute before she talk

"Hey. ." and hug me. We stayed like that hugging each other and we broke it when Alice talk.

 

"MOMmy, who is she?" she ask.

 

I forgot about her. Jessica gave me a very confuse look. "Oh. My dear, Im sorry. She's Jessica. A friend of mine. ." I pause "And Jessica this precious little girl here was my daughter, Alice.".

 

   Once again she was surprised. I always surprised you. Right? She was lost. She dont know what to do and say. I look at my back and saw a handsome man. Is he your date Jessica? I look into Jessica.

 

   "Go ahead. Your date was patiently waiting for you now". I said and smile.

 

"S-Sam. . W-What happened on your five years?" she ask. Why do you look like sad?

 

"Ahmm. .Jessica, at first its a damn wasted but when I received a gift. . " I look at Alice " It turns to a wonderful life. And. . Im good. Im an Engineer now." I said. She looks very sad now.

 

"How long have you been back?"

 

"Just a day. We just arrived here yesterday. . .for vacation amd work." I said.

 

Our ordered came and Alice starts to eat her steak.

 

"MOMmy, Lets eat. And you Miss Jessica, you can join us eating if you want to." I look to Jessica and then to Alice.

 

"Ah. . I think Ms. Jessica cant join us because she's with someone."

 

"Yeah. . Sorry. . Maybe next time?" she said while looking at me. I nod

 

"Next time then Ms. Jung" I said and smile.

 

-Jessica---

 

Its been a week since I saw Sam. I ask her to meet next time but I was so stupid because I didnt have to ask for her contact number. Stupid Jessica. I was losing hopes to see her again but right then Tiffany told me that she saw Sam and she planned a dinner with her and with all of us. Thank Goodness. Tiffany was surely not a stupid like me. She has Sam's number. Its already 7:00 pm and we are all here and waiting for Alice. .oh. Sam.

 

After a minute she showed up with her daughter. Her daughter was really cute.

 

"Hey. . Im sorry Im late." She said. "Its just a man in our office was so stupid and he has a lot of demands which is stupid also that made us all late for a dinner like this."

 

"Stupid old man." Alice just said. We were all surprise. She was pouting

 

. "She's always like that." Sam said and the hair of Alice.

 

"Like mother like daughter huh?" Tiffany said.

 

"Exactly." Sam said and again we laugh.

 

    Were just talking the whole time but I dont have that much idea of what are they talking about. Yes, they because I just sit here and stare at Sam.

 

"Ms. Jung, My mommy was gorgeous right?" Alice suddenly said. I guess I made it very obvious.

 

They all stare at me. I smile at her and beckoned her to come to me. I positioned her on my lap sitting.

 

"You thinks that youre Mommy was gorgeous?" She cutely nod her head.

 

"She's amazing and theres no doubt about it. I witnessed it for five years." She said.

 

She sounds like more than her age but still cute. I hug her.

 

"Youre right. Your mommy was amazing . . And gorgeous." I look at Sam and she smile.

 

"Kids dont lie." She marked.

 

"I dont lie." Alice said . She looks into my eyes. Her eyes were beautiful. Gray. Sam's favorite.

 

After we eat our dinner each of us bid a goodbye. I let the others go first so I can spend some time with Sam and Alice. I smile. Five years ago when I said Alice or Sam. . It was just one. Its only her. . But now, its different and those name were owned by two amazing girls. "Ms. Jung arent you going home yet? Are you having a date with a handsome guy again?" Alice ask. I lowered myself to meet her. "Why are you calling me Ms. Jung? Aunt Jessica will do sweetie, you know. And. . If you'll let me. . I just want to spend some time with you. Is that possible?" "Okay. Aunt Jessica. Im sorry for calling you that. Its just that I used to call people like that because Mommy always brings me with her at work and I always hear people there calling each other like that." She said like a very wise kid. Sam lowered herself too. "Owh. Alice, does bringing you with was a bad thing?" "Of course not Mommy. Its just that people there are mostly annoying." We both smile. "True." Sam said and kiss Alice. That kiss. . It is still the same? I locked my gaze on her lips. "It taste sweet Aunt Jessica." Alice said. I arch my eyebrows. "My mommy's lips were sweet." She caught me again. I dont know what to say. Sam speaks to save me. "Yeah. Mommy's lips were sweet because I loved sweets." Sam said. "Let's go inside its cold here. C'mon Jess." she stands and held her hand to help me. I reach for it and it feels so warm. "How about me?" Aluce said. Pouting. Sam released my hand and grabbed Alice in her arms. "Owh! Youre heavy Alice. Very." "Its because Im full of love mommy." "Oh. Yeah." Sam said and kiss her again. They have a good relationship. A cute and sweet relationship as a mother and child. I wish that I can join their relationship. --- Jessica spend almost of her night with us. She still has that beautiful smile. "Alice, you want some ice cream?" She ask. "Yes, please. . Mommywants some too" Alice said and wink. "You know me well, sweetie. But it seems like Ms. Jung only wants to treat you." I said and look at Jessica. "Owh. Really?" "Yes--" "Okay. Okay. I'll treat the both of you. Kids. ." She said smiling and went to the counter. I was busy on checking my phone when Alice speak. "Mommy, does a girl can be with a girl? Uhmm. . I mean can a girl love a girl also?" and by that she has all my attention. "Why sweetie? Are you having a crush with a girl?" I ask her. She frown. "No. Its just that I can see Aunt Jessica staring at you like she wants to kiss you. Like she likes you". She was being so observant. I smile at her and about to ask her whats her prove to accuse Jessica liking me when Jessica approach us. "Lets talk about it later. ." I said.