even the alphabet agrees

even the alphabet agrees

 

Baekhyun looked down at their held hands and he thought he'd grow old and die a .

They've been going out for seven months now--made out more times than he could count--but yeah, he was sure he'd leave the earth still chaste and pure. He wondered if there was something about him that simply turned Chanyeol off when they were just about to get to the main event. He recalled the numerous times he was all but ready to be ravished only for his boyfriend to stop and kiss him on the forehead before taking his leave.

Was it because he sweats too much? 

It wasn't his fault. It was just when Chanyeol starts to kiss him in places, start to and on his neck, everything turns hot. Like really hot. Chanyeol's skin was always hot, too. God, just thinking about it was making heat spread across Baekhyun's cheeks. Although, Chanyeol does sweat more than he does, he thought, so that couldn't be it.

Was it because he was too loud? 

Again, not his fault. He couldn't help himself when Chanyeol grabs onto his hips. More so when Chanyeol's hands go around them to end up cupping his and pulling him closer and closer and closer until there wasn't enough space to breathe that all Baekhyun could do was to gasp and mewl.

And moan.

And call out Chanyeol's name.

But then his boyfriend seemed to love it when he does because he squeezes him tighter and wraps Baekhyun's legs around his waist for more contact before running his hands all over Baekhyun's back. So no, definitely not that.

Was it because he wasn't experienced enough in kissing?

There was no going around that. Chanyeol was his first boyfriend so of course he wouldn't have experience. They ended up rolling around with laughter after trying and failing at their first kiss. It was awkward--everything was awkward--but they soon got the hang of it. The first time he opened his mouth to Chanyeol's tongue, Baekhyun thought it wasn't as awesome as he heard it was. Except then he learned to move his, too. And they got better and better after long practices every afternoon, endless hours wrapped up in each other on the sofa. Tongue, lips, legs, limbs--all tangling alongside their hearts. However he realized he was Chanyeol's first kiss as well. They were in equal footing in regards to kissing; therefore, Chanyeol couldn't get turned off with him because of that.

Or was it because he wasn't really Chanyeol's type?

That was stupid, Baekhyun muttered to himself while looking at their held hands again. If he wasn't his type then why did his roommate nervously confess to him seven months ago, wildly flailing his arms in an attempt to convince Baekhyun how being together would be the best thing that would ever happen to both of them? The reasons he gave were dubious at best ("Baek, think about it. Even the alphabet agrees B and C should stay beside each other. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, see? See?"), but Baekhyun was helplessly pulled in because he was secretly crushing (more like mindlessly falling in love, not that he would tell Chanyeol that) with his friend, too.

Then why? Baekhyun asked. He sighed. What was the use of sighing and asking their joined hands when the giant walking beside him was the best person to ask? He stopped walking, forcing his boyfriend to also stop.

"Anything wrong, Baek?" Chanyeol asked, looking down at him curiously.

"Chanyeol, I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask this," Baekhyun paid no heed to the pedestrians skirting around them on the side walk. "But why won't you have with me?"

Chanyeol's wide eyes widened even more before it darted to the people walking past them. His ears were turning red and Baekhyun thought he looked extremely adorable. He wanted to snuggle into his arms and maybe kiss him senseless but Chanyeol has yet to answer so he settled with just stepping close to the taller boy. "Well?"

"What are you even asking, Baek?" Chanyeol asked with a nervous laugh. "Can we discuss this later at the dorm?"

"No. I don't want to. Because when we go back we'll just end up kissing and making out. Then when it gets to the really good part you'll pull away again and leave me wanting to pull my hair out," he ended with a pout.

Chanyeol looked like he wanted to pull his own hair out. "Baek," he whined.

"Tell me. Don't you want to have with me?"

"I do," Chanyeol answered with an exasperated sigh.

"Then why? Why do you stop?"

"Because," Baekhyun was surprised when Chanyeol abruptly pulled him against his chest and tilted his face up to his. "I want it to be special when we do it and I just thought it wasn't the right time."

Baekhyun stared at him in disbelief. "Then when is the right time?"

"The right time is when you tell me you love me," Chanyeol said, looking embarrassed at his confession. "Because I want it to happen when you're as crazy in love with me as I am with you."

"Well, why didn't you say so? We could have been having a year ago."

Chanyeol gaped at him. "But we've only been going out for seven months."

The smaller boy rolled his eyes. Baekhyun tiptoed and gave Chanyeol a quick kiss to the lips. "Sometimes things happen, you know."

His boyfriend stared at him intently. Stared unblinking. Then Baekhyun felt himself being dragged almost roughly down the street.

"Where are we going?"

"Home. To our dorm. To my bed. Or yours. I really don’t care. Because this time things will certainly happen."

"Oh, okay then."

Baekhyun couldn't wait.