Four

Humanoids: The Legend of Dong Bang Shin Ki

Rating: T

 

Warning(s): Long but, important filler chapter.

 

|Four|

 

Gently removing the black protective support and unwrapping the tightly wound bandage, Changmin tested Sooyoung’s ankle rolling it around slowing and apply pressure on it by pressing his palm on her heel and pushing against it. When she didn’t wince or complain of pain or discomfort, he instructed her to walk around the room to confirm its complete recovery.

 

“Well, you won’t be throwing any round house kicks for another day or so, but its healed well,” Changmin announced, his humor dry as ever, but enough to elicit a smile from the woman. He didn’t like or dislike her, and preferred to stay neutral until the matter of her future was resolved solidly.

 

She smirked, “Even though he deserves it, I promise not to round house Jaejoong-ssi in the head.” Trust her when she said she thought about it more often than not, even though it was probably impossible with their supposed lightening fast reflexes. But, she could dream right?

 

“You know, I’d actually pay to see that,” Yes the actual act would probably be an impossibility, but a swift kick in the head was something definitely coming to his hyung. It would be even more amusing and satisfying if the ordinary who seemed to irk the man so much was the one to deliver it. He loved him as a brother, don’t get him wrong, but sometimes Changmin wasn’t sure he liked the guy.

 

It didn’t pass her notice that the two squabbled more often than not, and were in constant competition over god-knows-what, even if their tiffs were brotherly. But if she had to pick a side, she’d pick the tall and reserved maknae’s 10 times over than the obnoxious, snide jerk that was Jaejoong any day. “No need to pay, If I somehow succeed I’ll let you watch for free,” she countered, enticing a chuckle from the man.

 

“Colluding with the enemy, Changminnie?” Jaejoong interrupted the two’s party not liking the fact that she was able to even cozy up the maknae.

 

Changmin rolled his eyes, “And you’re being paranoid,” ready to deal with his hyung unwarranted vendetta on the brunette. The tension it stirred was exhausting, and he didn’t have the patience for it. “You can take a walk around to relieve the residual stiffness. I’ll leave first,” high-tailing it before the bombs dropped.

 

“You really don’t waste any time, do you?” Jaejoong asked, blocking the door when she tried to brush past him. Unyielding eyes piercing her, as a smirk tugged at his lips. “But, I have to give you props on successfully fooling everyone, even the maknae.”

 

She sighed in exasperation, “Should I even pretend to understand what you are talking about, Jaejoong-ssi?” His exaggerated distrust and dislike was getting ridiculous, bordering on delusional and paranoid.

 

“Cozying your way to everyone so when you eventually decided to become a permanent fixture and leech off us and invite a few more people along no-one will question it,” leaning in further, his face uncomfortably close to her. Sure, Sooyoung was stubborn, but even she couldn’t help take a step back at his intrusion of her personal space. “You ordinaries are so sneaky, aren’t you?”

 

The elitist cloud Jaejoong lived on was an obviously high one, but she wasn’t one to be insult by some entitled jerk. “Heaven forbid that, because you’re delicate sensibilities will be tainted with an ordinary,” she raised her eyebrow in challenge her voice filled with annoying false sugary sweetness. “Don’t worry you pretty little head, Jaejoong-ssi, I’ll definitely be leaving. I’ll go first,” her words seemed to hit the spot since he didn’t attempt to block her when she brushed past him.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

Two days after Changmin removed the ace bandage and support permanently, Sooyoung coerced Yunho to go for a walk with her. The fresh country air and beautiful green fields of the manors back yard was exactly what she needed after being bound to the house and deck for the past few days. “I’ve been meaning to ask,” she began breaking the comfortable silence that had settled between them. “I know the story says that you have inhuman strength, speed and all the bells and whistles, but I guess I was wondering how far it stretches.”

 

“How far do you think they go?” He returned. It wasn’t a deflection nor did it bother or offend him. Because how strong, fast or acute their senses were perceived by the listener or teller of the story was subjective –so it could either be exaggerated or under estimated.

 

She sighed, “I don’t want to be offensive, so you could just tell me.”

 

“I honestly don’t know my own strength,” he confided, truthfully. “What I know is things like I’m slightly stronger than the rest and Junsu is the fastest runner among us… we haven’t reached our limits yet, so we don’t really know how far they go.” He remembered being able to lift the fridge above his head by age four, and the time he was able to hear his father calling him from miles off and returning home within minutes when the journey would take much longer, even by car. “I guess the only way is to show you?”

 

Her head was already shaking in dismissal before he finished his suggestion, “You don’t have to, I was just curious that’s all.” She didn’t want him to feel like a circus attraction or lab rat doing tricks for her entertainment or on her account.

 

“I don’t mind and this will be a something simple,” he assured her.

 

She stopped walking, looking at him with open curiosity as he stepped closer, “Hmm, what do you have in mind and why does it look like it involves me?” she asked, having to tilt her head slightly to be able to look him in the eye, taking in his mischievously handsome smile.

 

“See the tree line over there,” He pointed out the thicket of trees that stood a kilometer or so from them on the end of the field. “I will throw you in the air toward it, and be there to catch you before you ever touch the ground.”

 

An eyebrow couldn’t help rise in skepticism, “Alright, why not.” She doubted it was possible, but then the impossible seemed all too possible lately. “So how do we do this?”

 

.                               .                               .

 

When Yunho lifted Sooyoung in his arms, he didn’t even pretend to make a sound of effort –no groan or grunt. In fact, he looked rather untaxed, the way she would feel about lifting a pen or paper. Was she that light or was he that strong making her weight almost negligible. Yes, she was slender in figure, but was tall and heavy boned as well as muscle mass that accounted for a considerable amount of weight therefore putting her at least at 50kgs. “I’m told I weigh much more than I appear to,” Sooyoung commented, winding arms around his broad shoulders to secure herself even if it seemed unnecessary. Heck, he didn’t even shift her around in his arms like one normally would when holding someone.

 

“Really, I don’t feel it at all,” even though lifting or carrying people was never a problem, there was still a certain weight or pressure felt, but with her it was barely felt. “But then that’s just me,” he added with a charming smile, eyes locked with hers.

 

She really hoped his hearing wasn’t acute enough to pick up the increase in her heartbeat from being so close to him and having to endure the full effects of his smile. Living with five attractive men –six counting Professor Ahn –dulled some of the effects they had on her, but she wasn’t completely immune to it. Especially when she was as close as she was now, with him smiling at her the way he was, “I bet you say that to all the girls, Yunho-ssi.”

 

“If it helps, I haven’t said it to anyone recently,” adding a playful wink, and fighting a smirk when her heart beat that had begun calming picked up once again. With how she was around them, it could fool anyone into thinking she was immune but, it was nice to know that he had even the slightest effect on her. “Anyway, are you ready?”

 

Taking a breath she tried to calm her nerves, arms tightening around his shoulders subconsciously. She was never a coward, and trusted Yunho wouldn’t put her in danger intentionally, but she was only human.

 

“Sooyoung-ssi,” he called her name gently, urging her to look at him which she did reluctantly. “I would never do anything to put you in danger, trust me?” his words firm and sincere, full of conviction.

 

Nodding in understanding she released a breath, arms loosening from around his neck, resting them on her lap. “Okay, I’m ready.”

 

“Hana… deul…set…” the count was mostly for her, so he wouldn’t surprise her when he released her.

 

As if tossing an inflated plastic beach ball, he tossed her in the air as if she was weightless easily picking up momentum as she rose higher into the air. High enough to get a breathtaking, yet terrifying view of the land beyond the thicket of trees that surrounded the Manors grounds; taking in the beauty of the dangerous river that had resulted in her presence there, just before she begun losing momentum, and descended rapidly toward the earth. Everything had happened in such quick succession that she’d forgotten to scream in fright, only catching a breath when she once again fell safely in to Yunho’s arms, who had managed to sprint across the large field he’d thrown her across to catch her long before she hit the ground.

 

“Sooyoung-ssi, gwenchanha?” he asked not even breathing hard from the run across the field that would have an ordinary human wheezing out a lung, or huffing and puffing something wicked. Her big brown eyes were wide in surprise, breaths coming out in pants and heart racing from exhilaration. What was impressive was that she hadn’t screamed the forest down.

 

When her chest stopped heaving to accommodate her need of air, and her mind returned to her, she looked at him. His brown eyes searching her face in open concern since she hadn’t said a word after landing in his arms. “That was… what was that?” Apparently her mind was still coming to terms with what happened.

 

“That was hyung showing off,” Yoochun supplied, having watched the entire thing and having heard –yes heard, not eavesdropped –the conversation between the two that led to Yunho tossing and catching the brunette like a beach ball.

 

“What, she asked for a demonstration,” Yunho defended, setting Sooyoung on the ground but, placing a supporting arm round her waist since she didn’t seem all that able to stand on her own yet.

 

Yoochun raised an eyebrow, but let it slide. “Well, if you’re done being the Korean Clark Kent, the food’s ready.” There were many different ways Yunho could have shown her his capabilities, but the older male definitely fashioned that particular show in his favor.

 

“Is Jaejoong cooking again?” Sooyoung asked, cringing at the memory of the first meal she ever tasted prepared by the man. She wasn’t willing to endure another one of his attempts to burn someone’s taste buds off by preparing ridiculously spicy food. The others seemed immune to it, but the first and last time she’d attempted to stomach his food, her insides felt like they were literarily on fire which seemed to amused the sadistic pretty boy further and cement the fact that she rather disliked him.

 

“Changdola seems to like you, so he got you take out from town for you and himself,” Yoochun answered, still surprised at how fast the maknae had warmed up to their female house guest. Usually it took years to build a workable relationship with the guy, but it took an afternoon alone with her and he was being rather nice to her. Changmin was never nice to anyone unless he liked them in some shape or form. “The rest of us will be eating whatever Jaejoong cooked this time.”

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

In the week she’d been staying with them –while conscious that is–it had become a routine for her to wake up earlier and make breakfast to avoid suffering Jaejoong atrocious cooking. She was also able to move easily and without assistance, since her leg had finally recovered.

 

BoA had finally gotten her size right in clothing as well, and brought her a fair amount of undergarments, jeans, tank tops and shoes to last her stay, however long it was. After a short but much needed talk to calm Boa’s doubts and distrust of her, the two women had formed a tentative friendship of understanding.

 

“These should fit better than the ones I brought you before,” Boa told Sooyoung, placing the suit case of clothing and shoes on the bed Yunho had requested her to buy for the younger woman. “My sister is the one who picked them out, she’s about your age so you will probably like the style.”

 

Rubbing her hair dry, Sooyoung smiled, “Kamsahabnida, Boa-nim.” Even though she appreciated the earlier clothing, they were two sizes too big, and if the ones brought were indeed more her size, she was even more grateful.

 

“Alright, I’ll leave first,” Boa bid farewell heading for the door, having done what she’d promised her best friend.

 

It was painfully obvious that though she’d become more civil with her and didn’t look at her with glaring distrust, Boa was still uncomfortable around her and tried to not be around her often. “Boa-nim, could we talk please?” She dredged up the courage to finally settle things, not wanting the awkward dance to last any longer. “I understand that my presence here makes you uncomfortable, but I want you to know that you have nothing to fear from me. I’m alive because of Yunho-ssi and I won’t do anything that would hurt him, I promise you. If you don’t trust me at least trust that.”

 

“You have to also understand that the guys are my family and whether you tell or not, you are still a threat to their safety,” Boa spoke, after listening attentively to the woman’s words. There was strength and sincerity behind them, but there was also an irrational part of her that just couldn’t accept the woman’s presence in their lives.

 

She let go of a breath, nodding in understanding, “I…I understand.”

 

“I hope you keep your word, Sooyoung-ssi,” Boa added. “I’ll leave first.”

 

“Chang-ssi, you’re awake, did hell freeze over or something?” Sooyoung teased, when she found the tall maknae nursing a cup of coffee. She’d discovered through the days that the guy didn’t wake up before 12 unless there was an emergency, like the sky falling or something.

 

He smiled, because she was likeable. Annoying Jaejoong just by breathing and being able to understand his sense of humor without being offended, not to mention that she loved food –expect Jaejoong’s cooking –like him, were just extra. “I haven’t checked with the devil yet, but I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to wake Jae-hyung until you’ve had your first cup of the day.”

 

“And here I was ready to offer you some of my pancakes, but then you had to go and ruin it by mentioning the bane of my existence,” she countered, even hearing the man’s name darkened her mood. People couldn’t say she didn’t try to understand Jaejoong’s mamma bear tendencies, but even Boa was being nice and civil to her, why couldn’t he?

 

His mouth couldn’t help salivate at the thought, because if there was something Sooyoung made like a pro, it was pancakes. Always the right amount of sweetness too, not overbearing his sensitive taste buds. Not to mention soft, fluffy and moist deliciousness that just melted on the tongue. “You realize I could just take them from you without even breaking a sweat, right? Be a nice hoobae, and make some for your oppa.”

 

“My oppa?” she repeated skeptically, moving around the kitchen to gather the necessary ingredients and utensils she needed. “You think way too highly of yourself, Changmin-ssi. You are definitely not on that level yet.”

 

Changmin moved closer, “And if I want to be?” he asked in the most charming voice he could muster that usually melted most women in less than a minute.

 

“If you stop your Don Juan routine, I’ll give you half,” Yes, Changmin was tall, handsome, well built and intelligent to boot, but it definitely wasn’t going to work with her. She liked him though, second to Yunho if she were honest.

 

He laughed, raising his hands in mock surrender, “And that is why you and I will be great friends,” he winked, clearing his dishes. It was hard not to like Sooyoung once you got to know her as a person, and the others felt the same even Boa, with Jaejoong as an exception which he couldn’t understand. “It’s only a matter of time before you call me oppa.”

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever Casanova,” Sooyoung clicked, but couldn’t help fight a smile.

 

Boa was taking her acceptance of Sooyoung slowly, but it seemed the woman had already won over the most reserved of the boys if the scene in the kitchen was anything to go by, sharing laughs and conversation over a large pile of pancakes and juice. She was trying her best to accept the younger woman, but it would certainly take some time.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

It wasn’t the time, and perhaps would never be the right time but it needed to be said. During breakfast, while everyone ate what she’d prepared –even Jaejoong despite his grumbling about possible food poisoning –seemed as good a time as any. “Since I’ve recovered,” Sooyoung started attaining everyone attention. “So, I… well, I think it’s time I went home.”

 

Changmin stopped chewing, looking at the woman in mild shock. Honestly part of him had just assumed she’d stay, since she hadn’t brought up her sister or leaving during her stay with them. Now that she had though…it wasn’t–

 

Yoochun and Junsu looked at each other shifting slightly as their eyes slid to Yunho and Changmin respectively to gauge their reaction, well aware that the two were the ones to bond the most with the woman. Jaejoong however, swallowed his bite letting go of a cynical laugh, “Well, I guess that was what the breakfast was for, buttering us up?”

 

“No, it was to avoid the chemistry experiment you call food,” Sooyoung countered, not even entertaining the thought of him ruining this moment for her. It added to the tension Jaejoong had created, but she couldn’t hold her tongue when he was even picking apart her attempt at gratitude. When he remained silently glaring at her, she continued, “I need to go home and also can’t stay here forever, letting Jinri think I’m dead. I just want to thank –”

 

Jaejoong rudely pushed his plate away, “and a measly plate of food is your way of showing gratitude. Nice,” he scoffed, interrupting her, sarcasm dripping in his voice adding to the tension in the air. Don’t get him wrong he was glad to see her go, but what’s to say she hadn’t lured them into a false sense of security so they wouldn’t see her squealing on them coming. She didn’t fool him one bit.

 

“Jaejoong –” Yunho began in a warning tone, but got cut off by an incensed Sooyoung.

 

“Ok what’s your issue this time,” Sooyoung asked, tired of being civil and respectful when all he gave her was attitude. She wasn’t going to bend over backwards to kiss his behind because he was butthurt about having to breathe the same air as a lowly ordinary. “Because I know me leaving is what you wanted right? Heck, I didn’t even hear you complain as you shoveled my measly meal down your throat. So what is it?”

 

“Whatever,” He huffed, pushing away from the table and storming off. He didn’t know why this particular ordinary rubbed him the wrong way, but he couldn’t stand her even on stand-by. “Good riddance.”

 

She rolled her eyes at his hissy fit, literary having to internally meditate to calm down. He wouldn’t ruin this for her, and despite the tense atmosphere, she went on, “As I was saying, I want to say thank you and I know breakfast isn’t a sufficient thank you for what you’ve all done for me, but one day I’ll hopefully be able to return the great favor. Professor Ahn, Dr. Kwon, Junsu-ssi, Yoochun-ssi, Yunho-ssi and Changmin …oppa,” she added the informal term of endearment with a soft and sincere smile at the youngest of the mentioned, who managed a small smile as well, “Thank you, for everything,” giving them a long 90 degree bow to express her gratitude.

 

A part of Yunho had always hoped she would end up staying, but it wasn’t possible. She had a dongsaeng out there who loved and was suffering in her absence. His family was with him, since he had none outside of the others, the professor and Boa. “When would you like to leave?” he had promised to take her when she was ready.

 

“Tonight, if it’s okay?” she asked tentatively.

 

“Then I’ll take you,” Yunho assured her with a smile, despite the tension that still remained present after Jaejoong dramatics. He didn’t like what the slightly older male did, it was rude, uncalled for and irrational, but then again Jaejoong never seemed all that rational around Sooyoung.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

“Now that you won’t be staying with us, I think we should discuss the changes you will experience once again,” Professor Ahn began. With her announcement at breakfast, it became more urgent to discuss the matter once again, because out in the city she wouldn’t have them to help her deal with the evolution her body had undergone and, she would have deal with it on her own. “I already explained that you DNA has changed completely therefore changing aspects of your physiology. Around the boys it may not be as glaring but things have certainly changed.”

 

Sooyoung sighed, nodding in understanding. After seeing what the guys were capable of she could only guess what had happened to her. Sure she’d noticed little things, like her eyesight and hearing being significantly sharper and better than they were before her accident, bruises disappeared faster than they would before and her reflexes had improved as well. “Please continue.”

 

“Your immunity had increased, as well as your stem cell which simply means that, you will get sick much more seldom than before and if you should, your recovery rate will be faster. Broken bones, cuts and bruised will heal much faster, which simply means that if you can’t let anybody look too closely at your blood work, because they’ll ask questions you can’t answer,” As prompted, he continued on. “Should you find yourself in a situation where you need medical care, you only have to call Boa, Changmin, Jaejoong or I and we’ll be there to assist you,” it didn’t pass his notice that she flinched at Jaejoong’s mention. He would have chuckled at it if circumstances were different, but the situation called for sobriety and seriousness and that is what he was giving it.

 

“Hopefully it won’t come to that,” and she wasn’t saying that only because the thought of calling Jaejoong for help made her skin crawl, but because her calling them to her aid for any reason at all would be putting them in a precarious situation they didn’t deserve being in.

 

“Your strength isn’t what it used to be either, so that is something you have to learn to regulate,” Again it would have been easier if she had stayed with them a bit longer, but they couldn’t keep her there against her will when it was her wish to leave. She had all the right to choose what to do with her life from then on. “I don’t have to tell you the trouble it will cause if someone notices that,” when he got a nod in understanding, he continued. “Your reflexes should be quicker, sense sharper as well.”

 

“I’ve noticed that.”

 

“Changmin informed me that there’s a possibility of you having muscle precognition or something of the sort,” by the widening of her eyes, he guessed Changmin hadn’t divulged that he knew or she suspected Yunho had spilled the beans. “Let’s just say the walls have ears.”

 

“Most would consider what I said crazy.”

 

“Most would say the existence of Dong Bang Shin Ki is impossible too, wouldn’t they,” Professor challenged with a gentle assuring smile. “I didn’t bring it up to question your sanity, Sooyoung-ssi. I mentioned it, because there’s a possibility that it has been enhanced along with the rest of you. Since I have no clear idea how it works for you, I can’t tell you how it will change.”

 

“I guess it’s the one thing that won’t be that big of an adjustment,” she shrugged, even if her heart had stop momentarily at the thought of Yunho divulging something she’d confided to him in private. But, it seemed Changmin had overheard their conversation. What was surprising was they weren’t treating her like a nutcase.

 

“Lastly,” he began. “I think it goes without saying that you are welcome whenever you like.”

 

“I doubt Jaejoong would be happy to hear that, but I’ll take you words in to consideration, Gyohsoonim,” getting to her feet and giving the man a respectful bow in farewell, “I leave first.”

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

The drive to the city was a silent and contemplative one, both Yunho and Sooyoung lost in their thoughts, none having anything more to say to each other. What could they say, she was leaving probably permanently, cutting any and all ties they’d managed to create –thank you and goodbye didn’t seem enough.

 

If she were being honest, she was terrified going back. Staying at the Cassiopeia manor had been a cocoon from her new reality, but now she had to face it head on and alone while keeping her inquisitive sister, friends and colleagues in the dark about it. She was likely to get interrogated about her whereabouts by not only her bosses, but Jinri, Hyoyeon, and Sunkyu –she supposed it was what she got for having a genius as a sister, and a policewoman and lawyer as her best friends.

 

“Your sister is staying with your friend, Lee Sunkyu,” Yunho finally broke the silence when they finally enter the heart of the city. “But, she’s probably at campus or the café. Where would you like me to take you?”

 

By her watch it was a quarter to nine, meaning Jinri was probably done with her last class and was heading toward the café for her shift. “The campus; we’ll probably be able to catch her before she heads out,” Her heart beating faster in anticipation, she’d missed her dongsaeng so much and just wanted to put an end to the nightmare the girl had probably suffered over the weeks she’d been away.

 

With the lighter traffic at that time of night, they were outside the campus in no time, waiting patiently for the youngest Choi. They didn’t have to wait long, spotting the girl coming down the stairs flanked by her friends, the smile tugging at her lips less than genuine.

 

.                               .                               .

 

“Yah, Jinri-sunbae,” Kai called out to the girl, running to catch up to her and her friend, smile tugging at his lips. Happy to see her back at campus, even if she wasn’t completely back to the cheerful princess he’d always known her to be. “I’m glad your back in school,” shyly scratching the back of his head.

 

Once again she smiled, but not that full blown smile that she usually spared, “Komayo. Have you been keeping out of trouble?”

 

“Aish, what do you take me for? A delinquent,” Okay he would admit in engaging in street racing to release pent-up energy, but he wasn’t an iljin or common criminal. But, with staying at the Lab most of the last week, he hadn’t had a chance to do anything… reckless. So it really wasn’t a lie, was it?

 

Jinri raised an eyebrow but refused to answer, “Aren’t you suppose to be studying for your upcoming entrance exams like the rest? What are you doing here?” The reckless things he did for an adrenaline rush worried her, hopefully his luck at escaping not only danger but the law would remain strong.

 

“Like it’s that big of a mystery?” Minho sniggered, well aware of the crush the younger male had on the female Choi. It was almost embarrassingly obvious, the way he acted like a blushing school girl around her.

 

“I was hoping you’d help me with biology. The DNA and genetic section is doing numbers on my head?” sparing a glare at the sniggering hyung. Okay fine, he didn’t actually have any problems in biology, but that didn’t mean Minho needed to mock him.

 

.                               .                               .

 

It was easy; all Sooyoung had to do was cross the street and she’d be with her sister once again. But, everything came crashing down as her over analytical mind calculated the danger she posed by returning, because as much as she wanted to go back to her life the way it was, any wrong move on her part would only impact not only Jinri, but Hyoyeon and Sunny too. There was also an overwhelming sense of foreboding and everything was telling her to get back in the car and not look back.

 

“Sooyoung-ssi?” Yunho had watched patiently, internally vowing to stay until the two sisters had reunited. But, it was under that careful scrutiny that he saw how hesitant rather than confident her sets were, every single tense moment. She was scared, and it became more definite when she wrapped arms around herself to starve off a nervous shiver. “Is…Is everything okay?” he spoke again, placing a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

 

Her lip trembled as she took in a shaky breath, watching the false smile on Jinri’s turn into a genuine one the longer she remained in her friends presence. Could she really go back and threaten that? “I can’t go back,” it was a whispered realization, as a tear managed to escape her eye and fall down her cheek.

 

“If you want to return, you can,” he contradicted, just as softly even if he would have preferred the contrary, because he’d grown somewhat… fond of her.

 

She smiled sadly deflating completely, “No, I can’t.” It wasn’t about what she wanted, but what was needed. She needed to protect her dongsaeng, and as much as it hurt, it could only be done by her staying away. “If I really care about her, and want her safe then I should stay away.”

 

“We can stay in the city overnight, perhaps tomorrow you will change –”

 

“–No I won’t change my mind,” turning to face him, wiping away the tear tracks, “This is for the best, unless I can’t go with you.”

 

Placing fingers under her chin, she gently tilted he face to look at him, “You don’t have to ask, but you have to be sure. It will be much harder to explain and for her to understand you the longer you stay away.”

 

After taking one last glance at her sister and her friends walking away, the decision was made, “Let’s go.”

 

.                               .                               .

 

“Yah, Jongin-ah, are you coming or what?” Minho called wondering what had made the younger male fall behind.

 

“Yeah,” letting a careless smile tug at her lips as he jogged to catch up with the two who had gone ahead, confused about what he’d just seen. Because, he was dead sure he’d seen Sooyoung-noona across the street.

 

TBC

 

Author’s Note: There isn’t much Yoochun and Junsu, but there will be more in the coming chapters. As promised, after this chapter expect a lot of action. Please comment guys, I would really love to hear what you think.

 

The plotline and story is mine. Please do not repost, copy, translate anywhere and plagiarism is a bad thing.

 

Comments would be lovely and greatly wanted, helps me know what you think. Constructive Criticisms is welcomed, because it helps me improve. Flames “to each, his own”.