The baby

The drabble story of Baekyeol

The house was quiet, the only sound being the crackling of the fireplace and soft exhales of air. The two still lay cuddled, drowned in the memories of their childhood. "Remember when I claimed to be having a baby?" Giggled Baekhyun. "You were so excited. It was adorable." Chanyeol replied as he chuckled.

*Flashback*

It was a warm summer day and all was calm, when suddenly a loud shout was heard.
"UMMA!" Shouted the now eight year old Baekhyun.
"Ne? What is it sweetie?" Mrs. Park distantly replied as she looked up from her knitting just in time to see young Baekhyun plowing down the stairs, pillow stuffed up his shirt.
"I'm going to have a baby! Just like you!" Exclaimed the hyperactive child.
"Oh? You are?" Questioned Mrs. Park.
"Yes! Our children can be the bestest of friends!" Baekhyun exclaimed, now jumping excitedly. Just then the pillow slipped out, landing on the ground with a soft thump.
"NO!" Screamed Baekhyun. "Not my baby!" The boy fell to his knees, sobbing over the loss of his "child".
"What happened to our baby?" Shouted a frantic eight year old Chanyeol, who was currently barreling down the stairs. He ran to Baekhyun and collapsed, his knees hitting the ground hard. Tears started his eyes.
"Our baby!" Sobbed the two boys. They proceeded to hug each other and mourn the loss of their little "baby".

 

"That was an emotional day for us. We were so upset that we couldn't have a baby like your mom." Laughed Baekhyun. "Well she always told us we could try to have another." Chanyeol stated as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Well why don't we get started." Baekhyun replied teasingly. "Gladly." Said Chanyeol as he carried Baekhyun off to their shared room.