Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"Marissa. Our Marissa. You really don't remember do you?"

"Remember what?"

"Who you are."

"Who... I... am?"

"Or, what you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm I was wondering when you'd wake up."

Yoochun stared at Marissa with a smirk on his face as she opened her eyes. They were still in the same position they fell asleep in, close and facing each other, Yoochun's arms wrapped around Marissa.

"Eh?" She simply replied as she looked back at him confused.

"You've been screwing your face up and making weird noises for the past half hour. You must have been dreaming or something." Said Yoochun. Marissa still looked really confused.

"I... errr.. I." She stuttered then sighed whilst furrowing her eyebrows. She brought a free hand up to her head and scratched the back of her neck. "I thought I remembered something. In my dream." She said as she pouted, unsure.

Yoochun's face instantly changed. He looked shocked.

"Well do you remember? What happened?" He asked abruptly.

"Erm, there was this woman. She was really really beautiful, I mean really pretty too. And she had these scarily deep eyes that were like the colour of polished amber. Really striking." Marissa said. "She sort of looked about my age, but err... I don't know what my age is."

Yoochun just knew it was an S-Class she was remembering, probably one of her fellow council members. Yoochun thought about it a bit more. He remembered that an S-Class with Amber eyes was mentioned before in that journal they had been reading.

"She knew who I was. But she said I didn't remember what I was. It was weird." Marissa mumbled. "I have no idea who she is though. Oh well, it might come back to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm, why are we here Amelia?"

"I do not know that. It was Suranne's suggestion that we come to places like this. Remember, this Halloween thing is catching on, we can never be too careful especially if people try do do any magic. You know what happens when humans meddle Marissa."

"I guess you are right. This is so boring though."

"Well we won't be here for much longer."

"Good. Because I'd rather be back at the mansion with the others doing what we do every year."

"Oh come on Marissa. You have to admit, it is nice to get out of the mansion for a while."

"That man keeps staring at us."

"Who?"

"Him, you can't miss him."

"Don't stare back at him so hard Marissa. You'll scare the man."

"Are you saying that I am scary?"

"Yes. Very."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while had passed since Halloween. Marissa never dreamt any more. She had got a lot better personality wise. Now she seemed like a normal person, she understood what everything was and what everything meant now without having to ask anyone for an explanation. She had also stopped crying so much when she got frustrated or scared. She was still having late night cups of tea with Yoochun and was still helping out in the cafe and the shop.

Everybody knew something was happening to her though. Her energy had risen slightly as time went by. Maggie had originally said there was some force supressing her power and maybe even her memory. Whatever it was, everybody seemed to think it was wearing down.

But now she was as happy as ever, even though after quite a while; her memory still hadn't returned.Everybody thought she didn't care, it seemed that way.

Marissa was now currently in the kitchen making herself a cucumber sandwich. She buttered two slices of white bread and laid them down on a plate before she looked for a sharp knife to cut the cucumber with. She turned her head toward the back door when it opened and Yoochun walked in.

"Hey Yoochun! You want a sandwich?" Marissa asked him.

"Oh no, I'm fine thanks."

"Oh well," Marissa started. "Your loss, cucumber sandwiches are amazing." She giggled as she cut into the plastic surrounding the cucumber and peeled it off.

Yoochun made his way over to the coffee machine and pressed a few buttons. Dark liquid began to trickle into the coffee jug as he rummaged about in the kitchen cupboards.

"You want one?" He asked Marissa as he held up two mug.

"Please." Marisa nodded as she began to cut the cucumber. Colour instantly drained from her face as the knife she was holding slipped off the cucumber; the tip of the blade imbedding itself in her index finger.

"OW! Oh my.. god." Marissa gasped as she watched her deep crimson blood ooze out of cut. She instinctively put her finger in and winced at the stinging pain.

Yoochun switched the cold tap on and pulled Marissa's finger out and her hand under the cold running water. Yoochun felt her hand was tense as he grasped his around hers, directing her bleeding finger under the water. She eased up when she looked at him and saw the concern on his face. What she could see of his face anyway; Yoochuns long hair was hanging in the way.

As if she had totally forgotten about her gushing finger, she reached up to Yoochun with her other hand and moved his dark long hair away from his face. He smirked as he looked at her smile when she tucked his hair behind his ear.

Yoochun turned the tap off as the blood flow from Marissa's finger has started to slow down. He guided her over to the kitchen table and pulled a chair out for her to sit down and he went to hunt for the first aid kit. He clattered about in a few drawers and cupboards before he found what he was looking for. He opened up the green box and pulled out a few things before tending to Marissa's finger. She watched Yoochun with fascination as he dabbed the still slightlybloody cut with clean gauze and applied some antiseptic ointment. He quickly stuck a bandage around the cut and closed the box up.

Both Marissa and Yoochun stood at the same time. Marissa bowed down in gratitude only to bury her face in Yoochun's chest as she said thank you, or something that sounded like thank you anyway. It took her a few seconds to realise where she was. Marissa eventually looked up at Yoochun, her cheeks were flushed slightly with embarrasment. She noticed Yoochun was looking down at her with a serious look on his face. Yoochun saw she still looked doe-eyed and clueless, with a smear of blood across her bottom lip.

"Err, Yoochu..."

Marissa was cut off mid sentance.

Yoochun grabbed her waist and pulled her toward him. Marissa's shocking green eyes widened as Yoochun kissed her; he bit her lip slightly as he tasted the sharp metallic taste of her blood.