Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"How come Junsu got to dance with her first? He's been dancing with her for ages now!" Changmin huffed and folded his arms.

Changmin, Yunho, Jaejoong and Yoochun were currently propping up the bar at the Halloween Ball, nursing various drinks as they watched Junsu and Marissa waltz around the dancefloor; laughing and giggling. Junsu's distinctive laugh cleary audible over the loud music and chatter. Sometimes Marissa would be creased over wiping her eyes on the back of her hand, tears streaming out from laughing so much.

The song eventually finished after what seemed like forever. Junsu and Marissa made their way over to the bar where the others were, still cackling and giggling away.

"DIBS ON DANCING WITH MARISSA NEXT!" Changmin shreiked as he downed the rest of his drink and slammed his glass down on the bar. Everybody else sighed. They all wanted to dance with Marissa.

"Ha ha! Where did you find this guy?!" Marissa laughed as she stood beside the 4 boys, still wiping her eyes with one hand and pointing to Junsu with the other.

"The gutter." Changmin slyly added. Junsu punched his arm lightly in retaliation.

Jaejoong placed his hand on Marissa's shoulder when he noticed she was breathing heavily. "Junsu didn't tire you out from dancing so much did he?"

She just shook her head. "No." She giggled. "I think it's from laughing so much!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude, I thought you wanted to dance with her too?" Yunho said as he lightly elbowed Yoochun in the side. The two friends were curently sat along the side of the dancefloor on a large comfy leather sofa, watching Jaejoong and Marissa dancing. Changmin and Yunho had already danced with Marissa before. A bizzare situation for them all as Marissa was only tiny even with her heels on compared to Changmin and Yunho who were practically in the clouds.

Yoochun sipped at his glass of red wine and then laid it down on a table next to Marissa's glass of white.

"I do want to dance with her." Yoochun replied. "just after everybody else has."

Yunho chuckled as he shoved Yoochun's shoulder. "Want her all to yourself eh?"

The song finished. Jaejoong and Marissa nodded at each other and made their way back over to the bar. Yunho and Yoochun watched as Jaejoong waved a barman over and Marissa shoved her hand into a small clutchbag she had. She said something to Jaejoong then walked in the direction of the entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder what's taking her so long." Changmin said as he sat down next to Yoochun and Yunho.

Yunho glanced over to Changmin as he was talking, noticing Yoochun looking slightly uncomfortable.

"There something wrong?" He asked his friend.

"Do you not feel that?" Yoochun asked.

"Feel wha..." Yunho started. "Oh, that."

"Yeah where is that coming from?" Changmin asked as he looked around.

Yoochun sat back and closed his eyes trying to concentrate.

"It's Marissa." He swiftly stood up and walked across the dancefloor to the buildings entrance.

Marissa was down a corridor a bit further up from where the bathrooms were. Two guys were stood in front of her, one dressed as Frankenstein's Monster and the other dressed as a Mummy. Yoochun walked along the corridor closely followed by Yunho and Changmin.

"Awww c'mon girl!" One of the guys slurred as he staggered about and drunkenly rested his hand on Marissa's shoulder. The other guy who was with him was stood at the side of Marissa propping his half-asleep drunken figure up against the wall.

Yoochun could hear everything they were saying. Then he saw Marissa's face. Her eyebrows were furrowed, her eyes had narrowed and she was snarling at the two men.

"Get your hand off me, now." She growled.

As Yoochun walked closer he could feel a shocking amount of energy pouring of Marissa. He looked at her face again, still unchanged. Then he stopped dead in his tracks, something told him not to move any closer to her. Changmin and Yunho crashed into him as he stood there rigid.

"Seriously lets ditch this place and you come back to ours. We can have some real fun!" The guy in front of Marissa warbled.

"Get your hand off me, now." She repeated as she clenched her teeth together. Anymore teeth clenching and she was going to turn the fang caps she was wearing into powder.

"Hey why aren't we doing anything?" Changmin whispered to Yoochun and Yunho. Yunho just nodded his head in the direction of the guy in the Mummy costume. He was covered from head to toe in off white bandages. Red pools had started to form on his back and down his arms turning the off white bandages crimson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MARISSA!"

The look on her face changed in a split second from deadly to just plain confused.

"Huh?" She mumbled and looked at Yoochun who had just shouted her name. The drunk guys looked over at him too as he made his advance over.

Yoochun grabbed Marissa's hand and resisted the urge to let it go as soon as he did. The energy dripping off her was immense, but calming down. "You okay?" He asked her.

Marissa nodded and smiled. "Yeah I'm fine Yoochun!"

"Um..." The drunk Mummy guy muttered. Marissa just looked at him puzzled.

"Who are you?" She asked the man, with big goofy eyes and a slight pout on her lips.

Yoochun pulled her away and pushed her in the direction of Changmin and Yunho. He then turned round to face the drunk man.

"I'd keep away from her if I were you." He stated. "If you want to stay alive that is."