The Show

Fireworks

=====================================================================

 

     Luhan stared at his boyfriend in all smiles as the latter looked out the window with an excited expression on his face. Luhan knew how much Minseok loved the fireworks show, they've been watching them together ever since they were kids, it was a tradition. The only thing different about this year is that it marks their 4 year anniversary of being a couple, and Luhan was going to make sure that this year was special.

When they arrived at the field, they picked their usual spot, a little spot in the middle of the field under a cherry blossom tree, Minseok's favorite type of tree. The couple pulled out their chairs and watched everyone else get situated with their things.

"Are you excited?" Luhan smiled.

"Of course I am! and I'm even more excited that you got to help with the setup this year." Minseok chimed with a huge smile. " Tell me what the grand finale is going to be. That's my favorite part."

"I can't tell you it's a surprise." Luhan smirked.

"Please?" Minseok poked his cheeks out and tried to use cuteness to get what he wanted.

"Give me a kiss and I will tell you what the finale is." Minseok agreed and quickly placed a wet kiss on the youngers cheek. "The finale is something special."

"That's no fair you didn't tell me what the finale was."

"Technically I did. I said it was something special. You just have to wait two more hours to find out why it's so special."

"Fine, I'll wait....but it better be special." 

"Trust me it is." Luhan smiled and pulled his boyfriend closer to a warm embrace.

===========================================================================

Minseok didn't think 2 hours would have taken so long but he felt like 2 days had passed when it was only half an hour. Sure he had fun sitting by the cherry blossom tree with his boyfriend, sharing sweet cotton candy, and watching children running around and playing in the field, but he really wanted to watch the fireworks.

"Luhan tell father time to hurry up!" Minseok whined. "I want to see the fireworks."

"Seems like someone is getting really impatient." Luhan patted the latters head. "Don't worry it's starting to get dark. How about we get more cotton candy?"

"You think food is going to solve my problems Han?" Minseok raised an eyebrow.

"No! I just want more cotton candy because it's so yummy!" Luhan danced in his seat.

"You can't have anymore because you get too hyper."

"I do not! Please can I get more cotton candy? Please? Please? Ple-"

"Fine but this is the last one you eat." Minseok smiled and Luhan cheered while pecking the latter on the cheek before running off to the concession stand.

===========================================================================

It was finally time for the fireworks show to happen and Minseok was bouncing in his seat. Everyone in the town had gathered to the field, young people, old people, middle aged, couples, friends, you get the point. There was a cool breeze that blew through the field and Minseok started getting chilly.

"Are you cold?" Luhan asked and Minseok nodded his head. Luhan pulled out a huge spongebob patterened blanket from under his chair that was big enough for 5 people. He opened it up and wrapped both him and Minseok inside the oversized the blanket.

"I'm so warm now because of the blanket and you." Minseok laughed. " Luhan it's starting!"

The first firework shot up into the air and made a huge explosion noise while luminating a bright blue color. Luhan looked over at Minseok, who was totally engrossed in the show just like a five year old. Luhan knew he was making the right choice.

27 minutes passed and the show was going great. The fireworks were beautiful and everyone was loving it but Minseok was really going to love the finale, Luhan just knew it.

"Luhan the finale is happening!" Minseok shouted when he saw a series of lights flare up into the sky. The MC of the event was playing Fireworks by Katy Perry...things were going to go perfect. Red, Pinks, Blues, Purples, all the colors of the rainbow filled the sky in numerous patterns. "Luhan they are so pretty."

"Wait it gets better." Luhan smiled as he pointed to the flare that was going up into the sky. Minseok paid close attention to this one. The loudest boom was heard and in big letters it said:

MINSEOK WILL YOU MARRY ME?-LUHAN

Luhan had never seen Minseok's eyes so wide and he thought it was the most adorable thing. Minseok turned to him with tears of joy streaming down his eyes. Luhan pulled out the small case with the engagement ring in it.

"Of course I will Luhan!" Minseok kissed the youngers cheek and gave him a big hug.

"That's it? A kiss on the cheek?" Luhan tried to look outraged but he failed.

"Shut up and come here." Minseok smiled as he pulled Luhan closer then they were, since they were still wrapped in the covers, and put his arms around the youngers shoulder before placing his lips on Luhan's a.k.a his fiance. Luhan put the ring on Minseok and it sparkled in the moonlight They stayed in the field for awhile along with the other couples and listened to the slow songs that the MC was playing. This firework show was hands down the best fireworks show that both of them had ever went to and nothing could ever top it.

"Luhan you really are the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for." Minseok smiled while cuddling with Luhan. They were both staring at the stars that filled the night sky.

"Hey that's fiance from now on until we get married." Luhan corrected the latter.

"Fine fiance. When are we going home?" Minseok asked.

"Once this song finished...I like this song a lot." Luhan kissed Minseok's cheek.

This truly was an unforgettable night.