Stuck With You 2/?

Stuck With You

 

a/n: oh yeah! this fic is now gender switched! i think the character i made for Hyukjae is more of a girl...? em, hope it's okay though >< sorry! 
 

CHAPTER 2

Hyukjae sat in the car pouting, with Kibum next to her, driving. She wasn’t talking to him, she was upset, arms crossed, looking outside the window, obviously ignoring Kibum’s apologies and pleads.

“Hyukkie-yah…” Kibum called, his voice gentle, “Please talk to me… I’m suffering enough as it is…”

‘And he thinks I’m not suffering?’ Hyukjae thought, as her eyebrows creased when she heard him.

“I’m sorry okay? But it’s not my fault really… you know my father, come on Hyukkie… talk to me please…” Kibum said again, looking at him as they pulled to a stop when the street light flashed red.

But Hyukjae still continued to be stubborn and give him the cold treatment. What was happening to them? She thought, they were fighting on and off for weeks now, and she hated it. And last night, was just the worst of all.

Hyukjae was sitting on the kitchen table, holding a hot cup of coffee, and waited for his lover’s return. She knows she’s going to come home late, and she expects him to be drunk too. It has been the routine for weeks now, and she’s sick of it. 

She’s going to let his pride down and apologize to him, for all of it. She should’ve done it in the past, but she’s stubborn, and the other was just as stubborn as she is, thus nobody would really take the courage and apologize.

She looks at the clock, “1:41 am…” she muttered, she was getting worried, this was the longest time he’s out, he’s usually home around 11-12. “Kibum, where the hell are you…”

Just then, the doors opens slowly, she suddenly jumps, the room was quiet and the door opens suddenly, who wouldn’t be surprised? 

She looks at the door, and saw Kibum, she immediately runs to him. “Omo, Kibum, where have you been…” she hugged him close.

“Whoa, I… miss you too…” Kibum said softly, embracing Hyukjae.

Hyukjae stopped suddenly, and looks up to him, confused. “You’re not drunk?”

“Are you expecting me too?” Kibum smirked. He brushed off Hyukjae’s hair that was covering her eyes.

“N-no… not really…” Hyukjae shook her head.

They stood there, just holding each other close, looking into each other’s eyes, like their time was running out. At least that was what Hyukjae felt. She was nervous, and felt like something was going to happen.

“I’m sorry for not letting you have a nice good sleep these days…” Kibum said after a while.

“Oh!” Hyukjae said, waking up from her trance. “I… it’s okay… um, Kibum, I—”

“Hyukkie, I have to tell you something—”

They spoke at the same time which made the two chuckle, it was the first time in weeks that chuckled or laughed at all. Hyukjae smiled.

“Okay, you go first.” She said.

“No, no… I interrupted you, so you—” Kibum said, but Hyukjae shook her head. 

“No, you… now go… what is it?” 

Kibum just gave him a small smile and drew sigh and started, “Hyukkie… I…” Hyukjae was looking at him, anticipating on what he’s going to say, for some unknown reason her heart was racing, she was really nervous.

“I have to go back to America.” Kibum continued, saying it slowly so that Hyukjae could hear it clearly. He looks at her, waiting for an answer.

It took a second for Hyukjae to process it and finally understood what he said, and she can’t believe that he just said that. It has to be a joke.

“What? Wait. It’s a joke right? Do I have to laugh?” he said, looking at him, chuckling awkwardly.

Kibum looks at her and shook his head, “No, it’s not a joke Hyukjae. I’m serious.”

And at that moment, Hyukjae just snapped. “But why?!” she pulled away from him, glaring at him, “Is this a payback for always fighting with you? Why are you doing this to me Kibum?!”

Kibum looks helplessly at her, “No, I’m sorry Hyukjae, but it’s my dad… he wants me to go back…” he said, coming closer to her, “I promise I’ll come back… but I just really have to go…”

Hyukjae pulled away from him, she fought her tears from falling, she didn’t cry when they fight, but this, this was too much for her to handle. “But you said you won’t ever leave…” 

“But I will come back… and that’s a promise…” Kibum said, hugging Hyukjae tightly. “Please understand Hyukkie… I love you so much, and this’ll be for our future…”

Hyukjae then gave up and cried in Kibum’s arms. This was what she’s been afraid of, Kibum leaving him. But with his promise to come back, she just nodded and will hold on to that. She trusts him.

“Promise okay? And I love you too…” she said, after calming down a bit.

“Um, just one favor Hyukkie…” Kibum said, breaking the hug and looking at her.

“What?” Hyukjae asks, wiping her tears.

“You have to live with Hae while I’m gone.”


After almost a one hour drive, they arrived at Donghae’s apartment. And Kibum was still pestering her about talking. She gave up.

“Okay Kibummie, please stop pestering me. I’m talking to you now see?” Hyukjae said, looking at him.

“But Hyukkie… you seem irritated? Are you still mad at me?” Kibum asks.

“I don’t know…” Hyukjae sighed, “I’m just not really in the mood right now…” she continued, then she gasped suddenly, “This must be the mood swings they’re talking about when you’re pregnant.”

And at the mention of pregnancy, Kibum scowled immediately, he hated the subject as much as one hated math. He sighed, “Please Hyukkie, not the pregnancy thing again… now let’s go.” He said, opening his door and got out.

Hyukjae sighed, and did the same. She waited for Kibum on the front steps for his things. She still can’t believe that Kibum’s going away and she’s going to stay in Donghae’s house, a close friend of hers, but she didn’t know whether it was still proper to call him her close friend, since they haven’t talked in a while, or rather for years, since he got together with Kibum, and to think he helped her with it.

She predicted it was going to be awkward once she and Donghae would meet. And she was mentally debating whethers he should or not apologize.

‘Just act normal Hyukjae. You’ll be fine...’ she told herself as they got inside the elevator. Kibum pressed the 12th button.

It was awkward inside the elevator, both were silent. Kibum was staring at the elevator numbers, and she staring at her feet. It felt weird for Hyukjae, it seems that their situations got switched, Kibum was now the one giving her the cold treatment, and not her. And to think this was just because she mentioned her pregnancy. It was also the cause of their constant fighting in the past. She felt hurt about it, because it was clear that he didn’t want a child, but her friend told her to give him time and he’ll come around and accept it. But she was losing hope, Kibum’s leaving, and she her only hope is that he wasn’t leaving because of the baby.

The sound of the elevator snapped her back to reality. They got out and walked down the corridor to room 12A2. They found it and Kibum pushed the doorbell, and they waited for Donghae to answer it. But it was taking a while for Donghae to answer, Kibum was itching to push the doorbell again, and was about to when the door suddenly opens and there stood Donghae.

It’s been a while since Hyukjae got to see him up close. He was standing there obviously straight out of bed, tousled hair, nemo printed pajamas, and an annoyed face that says, why-did-you-come-here-so-early. It was such a cute sight for her, he really looks like a kid.

But the kid she saw was gone when Donghae turned serious and got to his senses and was really awake when he heard Kibum call his name. “Hae, I got a favor to ask,” he said, “Can Hyukjae live here?”

Hyukjae can’t believe that Kibum would be so straightforward, but then, she looks at Donghae and waited for an answer, Donghae looks blankly at him first, like he was still processing what he said, and when he did, he looks so shocked. He didn’t look at her once. She started to worry, ‘Oh no… what if he’s mad at me or something?’

“Uhh… come in for a second…” Donghae said, as he made way for them to go in, Hyukjae went in, and was followed by Kibum, but Donghae stopped him, “Let’s talk first.” He said in a low voice, but Hyukjae heard it. Donghae then turned to Hyukjae, “Make yourself at home Hyuk.” He said, and he and Kibum went outside and closed the door.

Hyukjae looks around the room, it was spacious enough, and it was well kept. But what bothers her is what’s happening beyond the door. She sighed and sat on the couch, and hoped that everything would be okay.

&&

Donghae stood with Kibum in the hallway, he still couldn’t believe everything that was happening. He looks at the younger one, obviously asking for an explanation to everything.

“Kibum, what is this? What are you planning?” he asked, his voice demanding.

“Hae, y-you have to understand okay?” Kibum said, his voice trembling a bit. “I’m going back to America.”

“What!? And you’re going to leave Hyukjae and dump her to me? What is she to you? Trash!?” Donghae said, his voice rising, but still careful not to, he’s afraid that Hyukjae might hear him. 

“Of course not! And I’m not dumping her to you! She—she just needs someone to take care of her… b-because of her condition…” Kibum retorted.

‘Condition…’ Donghae was starting to doubt if he’s really friends with this guy. “Yeah, why are you leaving again?”

“I… it’s my father, he wants me to go back, for business.” he said. “Don’t worry, it won’t be long, and I’ll come back for sure. It’s for our future Hae.”

Donghae looks at him suspiciously, something tells him that he’s not saying the truth, but it seems that he is. It’s contradicting, and he didn’t know what to think, but he’s just going to trust Kibum. “Okay fine, whatever.”

“Thanks Hae.”

&&

Kibum was thankful that he believed him, although all of what he said was partly a lie. It was true that his dad wants him to go back and work, but that’s still years to go, when his father’s ready to retire. What he intends to do there is runaway from his situation here in Korea. He wants to have some space, and he didn’t tell it to Hyukjae because she’s going to get hurt and he doesn’t want that. He’s hurt him enough.

They went inside the room again, and found Hyukjae seated at the couch, once they got in Hyukjae stood up and looks at them with worry on her face. 

“Is everything okay?” she asks.

“Everything’s fine Hyukkie…” Kibum said, putting her baggage on the floor and went to Hyukjae. “Hae said you can stay here.” He said and smiled.

Hyukjae smiled weakly and then turned to Donghae, who seated himself on a high chair by his counter, “Thank you Hae.”

He shrugged, but smiled, “Sure.”

“I have to go baby…” Kibum said, looking at Hyukjae and held her close. ‘I’m so sorry Hyukkie…’

“Do you really have to now? Just stay for a while please…” Hyukjae said to him, in a soft voice that was almost like a whisper.

“I can’t, my flight’s at 10, and it’s almost 7. I have to get to the airport now.” he said, leaning in and giving Hyukjae a soft kiss on the nose. He didn’t care whether Donghae’s there, he wanted to share this moment with her. He was sure he’s going to miss her badly.

“I understand.” Hyukjae nodded and lowered her head, he knows she’s trying not to cry. He hugged her tight and kissed her on the lips, it will the last one for the few months, he’s surely going to miss her, her plump lips, and milky skin, her gummy smile.

The kiss was a gentle and sweet one, and Kibum breaks it before he goes crazy and asks for more. He looks at Hyukjae and her face. “I’m going to miss you…”

“Me too…” she said, and tears suddenly fell from her eyes. And he gently wipes them away. “I’ll be back, I promise.” He said and kisse dher once again on the lips and breaks away from her. He’s afraid that if he doesn’t leave immediately he may never leave at all.

“Hae.” He called him, and saw that the latter’s back faced the living room. Donghae turned, “Yeah?”

“I’m going now. Take care of her.” he said, Kibum’s sure he will even though he won’t say it. He trusts Donghae, he’s his best friend.

“I will, don’t worry.” Donghae replied back.

He turned to Hyukjae one last time as he went to the door, he opens it and got out, carefully shutting the door behind him.

&&

Donghae looks at Hyukjae who was sitting on the couch, crying silently, while he was still sitting on the high chair by the counter. He longed to go to her, to have her cry in his arms, to hold her close, to reassure her that everything’s going to be okay and he’ll protect her from anything that will hurt her. But he can’t, and the love show that he saw earlier was a warning, to stay away from her, that she’s already Kibum’s property. His heart felt like it was broken into these tiny little pieces that no one would ever make it whole again, just seeing her with him, hugging, kissing, it hurt a lot.

But now she’s with him and Kibum just left for his flight to America. He doesn’t know what’ll happen, but he just hope that he can control himself and not let his evil side out. He doesn’t want to disappoint Kibum, he knows that he hurt Hyukjae recently, but with what he witnessed earlier, he can see that Kibum really loves her. And he came to him and put her into his care, because he trusts him. he actually felt a little bit guilty about it.

But one thing is for sure, it was a start of their new lives.

-tbc-

a/n: sorry if this took longer than expected... ive had... issues... ><
anyway! ^^ hope you'll like this update~ ^^
please expect another long update after this ><
any violent reactions and other comments are welcome ^^
THANK YOU~ ^^ <3