First Few Seconds (Woohyun POV)

When I'm In Love...?

 

They say love comes in the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected places. It's something that creates a place for long-term memories in your heart. It's turns thoughts into emotions and vice versa. It sounds pretty enticing at first, the butterflies and all, but when you realize it's a trap, it's too late. That's what I realized when I looked into that someone else's eyes.

 
There are just some days when you can't really suppress that inner child in you. And for me, it happens almost everyday. I won't brag, but a lot of people know me for that happy-go-lucky attitude of mine. And because of that, a teacher asked me to take care of a set of children who are visiting the school. I really have no idea why they brought children here but when someone asked so kindly, I couldn't really refuse.
 
They chose a schedule when the music room is totally vacant. The session pretty much started rough since I arrived a bit late, and I got a bit nervous, which resulted in me playing the wrong notes once or twice. Okay, a lot of times. I really don't know why I got nervous, though. Maybe I was a bit pressured in making the children smile, or maybe it's because of their pretty teacher. But when the session ended, nothing else really mattered except that I had fun spending time with the children.
 
The session ended with the children teasing about how they play better than me. Their laughing faces at the end really warmed my heart. I accompanied their teacher to the faculty room for a while. Before we parted ways with her class, the children gave something to me. My heart felt like flying when I saw that big white stuffed bear that they gave. "Thanks for the time, mister. Keep practicing okay?" One of them said and I couldn't help but chuckle. "I will, don't worry. Next time we meet, I'll play better for you." I said to them before leaving.
 
I came back to the music room, a feeling of warmth and happiness rushing on my bloodstream. As I opened the door a little, I heard a stream of notes that formed a soothing melody. They were telling me to come in, to come closer, to not feel restricted. They welcomed me. And just like magic, my feet moved on their own and made its way beside the player. The piece felt more familiar after ever second, every note.
 
What I realized afterwards left me in shock. It was the piece that my mom used to play whenever I felt sad at home. At that instant, the notes stopped. I looked at the player whose eyes were closed. And my stomach turned, my brain felt fuzzy, and his movements were in slow motion. He turned to me, and I told him how good he played. But he looked startled, and he ran away. When he was gone, I realized that I was smiling, and thought about that mysterious piano player a bit more.
 
Now, here I am, at home, playing the same piece that reminded me of happiness and warmth. The piece that reminded me of what a first love feels. After I finished, I stood up and looked at the white bear that became the sole witness of that day. I hugged it and kissed its nose.
 
--
 
a/n: forgive the little twist in the plot. I ran out of ideas x__x
Comments, Subscribers, and Up Votes are very welcome~ :)