Im Sorry..For Everything

A brother's sacrifice

L.JOE P.O.V

"Are you sure? I mean, you do realise the consequences right? You'll be getting his heart while he gets yours so you will only have 1 week to live." The doctor inquired. "Yes, Im sure. Im willing to do it." "May I ask who are you to Mr Gongchan?" "Im his step-brother"

"Ah, I see. But we need Mr Gongchan's permission in order to undergo the surgery." I hesitated. I don't want Hea Jung to find out about this. If possible, I don't want Gongchan to know either that the heart that will soon be his, was mine. 

Eventually, I agreed. Either ways, they both will still find out. But I have made up my mind that no matter what they say, even if they disagree, I will give my heart to Gongchan in exchange for his. I was the cause of all this so I will fix it...even if it means risking my life.

--------------

YOUR P.O.V

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Byunghun oppa is willing to exchange his heart with Gongchan's. I could see the guilt in his eyes. The pain. The sadness. He blames himself for all that has happened, I know. 

"Oppa" I reached out to touch his shoulder, his eyes not meeting mine. "You're not at fault. I don't blame you for all this." He looked up, looking into my eyes. Within a second, my heart ached. He had so much regret in his eyes. "Even if you don't blame me, I still blame myself & I have made up my mind. I want to exchange hearts with Gongchan. I cant bear to see him..leave. I can't bear to see you in this condition. He has something to live for..I don't. I've hurt the both of you too much. This is the least I can do."

Tears started to gather in my eyes again. Hearing those words coming out from Byunghun oppa's mouth pierced my heart so deeply. Instantly, I forgave him. I admit I was mad at him but after what he had said, I had to forgive him. 

 

AUTHOR P.O.V

The rest of Teen Top, who had arrived while L.Joe was talking to the doctor, could only stare wide-eyed at L.Joe. None of them could afford to speak, not knowing what to say to him. Eventually, C.A.P spoke,"L.Joe-ah, are you sure about this?" 

"Yes, I am. Guys, Im sorry but although Gongchan's only my step-brother, he is still my brother & I have to put him first. Im sorry, I know leaving you guys won't be the best idea but its a consequence I am willing to pay. Im sorry"

Upon hearing that, the members broke down. "Hyung, its not the group we're worrying about, its you."

"Im sorry but I've already made up my mind to do this.

Gongchan, who had been silent the whole time, reached out for L.Joe's hand & said, "Hyung, I know, you mean well but I won't let you go through my pain. I know, you want to make things right but Hyung, not this way."

"There is no other way, Gongchan-ah. No matter what you say, you will undergo this surgery. Please, I beg you, go through this surgery. Please, you're my little brother & I will not stand & watch you die." L.Joe looked into Gongchan's eyes pleadingly.

After a while, Gongchan agreed.

 

JUNG P.O.V

Watching the scene in front of me made my heart ache. Hea Jung was going to lose L.Joe & soon, she would lose me too. I couldn't help but to feel guilty for not telling her about me. I just couldn't bear to make her worry. Sad. Disappointed. I was going to leave her just like Joon hyung did & there's nothing I could do about it. 

*Hea Jung-ah, Im sorry...for everything*