He caught a cold

BBC collection

More jaeco. Sorry if the begining is a bit muddled. this is set after "The face..."

           

            “Augh....” I moan as I roll over in bed. My head hurts, my nose is stuffed and I generally feel like crap.

            “What are you still doing in bed?” Zico walks in and sits on the edge, looking down at me, concerned and a bit confused look in his eyes. I squint at him for a minute and roll over away from him. It’s not fair that I’m the only one sick and I don’t really want him to see me like this. Though I’m beautiful, I probably look like crap...all sniffly and gross.

            “Go away Zico!”

            “Hey, I came in to check on you and this is what I get?” He says in a bit of a joking tone, but he does still sound a bit annoyed. I grumble and pull the sheets up over my head. Maybe if I pretend to be asleep, he’ll leave me alone and go away... “Hey,” he lifts up the sheet and bends over to look at me. I knew...I should have known better... “Did you get sick?”

            I cough violently. And look up at him, not even wanting to answer.  

            He sighs and puts a hand on my forehead, “Damn, you’re hot.” Nice to hear...though not how I really wanted to hear it from him. He leans down and presses his forehead against mine. With a mild frown on his face he backs up and makes to walk out of the room. “You have a sore throat?” I nod...it’s sore but I’m more nauseous than anything else.

            “I jus- feel generally bad.”

            “I’m gonna get you some medicine. So get some rest and I’ll be back soon.” Zico smiles softly as he walks toward the door. Shutting the lights off as he goes. I drift off into sleep a little after that.

            A little while later the door opens with a creak and my eyes flutter open. At least I thought I heard it open? I’m...not quite sure. When a head pokes in from the darkness. I’m really excited cause I think Zico, which turns into surprise and slight disappointment when I see it’s my friend, Minhyuk. He flips the lights on with an apologetic look on his face.

            “Hey Jaehyo, you got stick again?” I frown and roll away from him, though he’s my friend I still don’t want him to see me looking disgusting either. Can’t help the fact that I still have some lingering feelings for him.

          “You don’t need to take care of me, Bibum.” I moan. “I’m not staying at your house, so you don’t need to feel responsible for me anymore.” I say in what I hope is not too depressed or y of a tone. But I really don’t want him to be here just cause he feels obligated. And I’m still at least a bit pissed at after the whole Ukwon thing. We don’t spend nearly as much time together and it feels like he doesn’t really care about much besides his kitty anymore. He’s pulling away...just like everyone does...except for Zico. I can argue with him and he cares enough to know what I’m doing. Though he teases me about it. I kinda try to take it as a form of endearment. But he might just pretend to care cause he’s our leader now? But I try not to think that though.

            “Okay then.” Minhyuk shrugs and starts to walk away. I bite my lip, trying to hold back my disappointment and frustration. I sigh...so it’s true. I knew he’d rather spend his time with his new friend. Why’d he even come in then? Cause he felt sorry for me? Bastard. While I’m caught in my thoughts it seems Minhyuk has left the room. So I’m left to stew in my frustration. “Oh don’t give me that face.” He says as he strolls back in with a cup of tea. Handing it to me with a smile. “You’re still my friend, of course I’m gonna be worried.” He sits down on the edge of my bed. “I got you that tea you like.” I smile. It’s the one I gave him when he was sick back when we all lived in his original apartment.

            A few seconds after I’ve taken another sip of my tea, Zico comes back into the room and instantly sets off at Minhyuk. I’m so startled I drop my cup and to tea spills everywhere. I glare at him, shaking my probably burned hand. He completely ignores me and continues.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” He addresses Minhyuk from the doorway. Completely overreacting for no reason.

            “Uh, my friend was sick and you were gone. So...I was taking care of him.” He shrugs a bit. Apparently not seeing the problem. While I stare at them annoyed, confused, and still a little nauseous.

            “That’s my-!” He blurts out. Covering his mouth before he finishes the sentence. I almost think I see a slight flush on his face, but that’s impossible. “You know what. Just get out!” He snaps at Minhyuk. Okay this is just getting ridiculous! But Bibum just throws his hands up and walks out.  Throwing our leader a quick glace as he passes him on the way out. Once the door snaps shut behind him I shout.

            “What the Zico?”

            He drops a paper bag on the bed and paces around the room with his hand over his mouth. Frustrated at something, but not answering my question. “So I told you, you were attractive. You have something to say back?” He continues to pace around the room, but looks back at me expectantly.

            “Thank you?” I say automatically. Still slightly pissed at him for throwing Minhyuk out for no reason.

            “You’re welcome.” He says sarcastically, now obviously pissed off at me! What is wrong with him today?! He gives me a look before turning around and storming out. Agh! I run my hands through my hair. Leaning foreword as my head throbs painfully. I moan and bite my lip. NO, I’m not going to let him go on another soul-searching journey! I need answers this time. I’m tempted to wait for my headache to ease up a bit, but if I do that he’ll be gone. So I push myself up and swing my legs off of the bed. Stumbling a bit, I make my way towards the door in my pajamas. I throw open the door and stagger a bit before falling onto Zico. “What are you doing?” He shouts, holding he up with a shocked but not too upset yet.

            “Making sure you don’t run away again without giving me any answers.” I snarl at him. He sighs and falls back onto the couch. With a yelp I fall haphazardly on top of him and end up straddling his waist. I turn away to cough for a second. Damn it my head is pounding.

            “You need to get-“

            “Not before you tell me what’s wrong!”

            “Jaehyo.”

             “Jiho. I will cough, in your face.” I lean in to show that I’m not joking, and rest my forehead against his. Zico grimaces for a second. Oh great, what did I do wrong this time?! No it’s his fault. Why did he throw Bibum out of he room! He was just trying to help.

            “I told you that I like you!”

            “What the are you talking about Jiho?! You never-”

            “Do you not remember when I kissed you, punk?” He says with a flush on his face and annoyance in his eyes. HOW could I forget that! I feel my cheeks heat up as I look down. But wait-

            “That doesn’t necessarily mean that you like me!” I shout. “You never told me that you like me! How do I know you don’t just want my body.” I say sitting up straighter and presenting my nicely toned body. Before I start couching roughly and curl into his chest, gripping his shoulder for support.

            “Ugh. You’re disgusting.” I hear the wry smile in his voice has he pats my back a bit.

            “That’s not what you said last time.”

            “So you remember.”

            “Of course I remember!” How could I forget something important like that! Zico always teases me about my looks. “It...was really important to me.” I say in a small voice, speaking into his chest. Zico makes a frustrated noise and looks down at me.

            “And then I kissed you. And I thought that would make you understand that I like you...you stupid pretty idiot.” I look up with my cheeks on fire. D...did he just say what I thought he did? So this isn’t one sided...he actually does like me? Not in a super romantic way, but it’s Zico. “But you...haven’t given me anything even close to a response. So...” he stares down at me with those intense dark eyes that I both love and really hate right now. Flipping the situation, I suddenly find myself under him and pinned against the couch. “Tell me Jaehyo. How do you feel about me?” What is this?

            “I....uh...” My stutter resurfaces, under his intense stare. “I...I..l..” As I struggle to get my words out his eyes narrow with annoyance.

            “Just spit it out Jaehoo.” My flush deepens as I feel myself getting more flustered. He sighs, putting a hand his face. “Why do you stutter at times like this, but when it’d be convenient you speak perfectly.” I pout for a second as I try to steady my breathing and mind.

            “I...like you.” I say in a small voice, looking  away from him. Not wanting to face him as he hovers over me. This is so embarrassing. I do probably look horrible like he said, I sound weird and to top it off I still have a headache.

            “What?” He says, leaning in closer as if he didn’t hear me the first time. But I can see the slight smile on his face. So I know he heard me. I keep avoiding his gaze and I repeat myself a bit louder.

            “I...I said that I like you.” I bite my lip.

            “I can’t hear you.”

            “Jiho!” I cry, looking up at him. What the ? Doesn’t he know how embarrassing this is for me? Why is he smiling? Don’t do that! God my head hurts.

            “Finally, you’re looking at me.” If possible my flush deepens.

            “L-lemme go!” I struggle, but my strength is down to about 30% so it’s a pretty pathetic attempt. I just wanna run away and hide under my covers. I’m more than happy that Zico likes me, but...now I don’t want him to see me like this. All pathetic and gross. “You were right.” I pout. “I look bad.” He laughs, but doesn’t let up on his grip. I sneeze. “So if you’ll excuse me.”

            “No can do.”

            “Goddamnit Jiho! I don’t want you to-“ He leans down and kisses me again. I melt into it at first. As it seems to be common knowledge in our house...I love kissing. It’s softer than I thought it would be coming from Zico...but I can tell...he’s good. That is before I somewhat some to my senses and push him off. “Wai- I’m sick!”

            “I have strong immune system.” He says before capturing my lips again, rougher this time, much more aggressive. Not that I particularly mind. Our teeth clank together initially and I can taste a little blood. He pushes me down against Kyung’s couch and I can’t help myself. I eagerly kiss him back. If only I could use my hand’s I’d be pulling him in closer, with a hand around the back of his neck. I’d forgotten how good this felt. Was my last kiss really with Minhyuk? Probably shouldn’t tell Zico that. When we come up for air, Zico pulls away. And I cough a little. With a wry smile he picks me up like a rag doll and takes me back to bed.

 

The next morning Zico wakes up with a cold.

 

This made me want to write so there is some jaeco coming up if anyone wanted to know. :P