Tempted

Seasons to Love

Michelle laughed.  “Has it really been that long?”

The woman in front of her nodded solemnly, wrapping her hands around a cup of hot coffee.

“Yeah.  You know, there’s this little thing called social networking.  You should try it sometime.”  Michelle smiled indulgently as she shook the sugar container she was filling.

“I have, Leah.  I don’t have any interest in reading or posting a play-by-play of everyday life.” 

“But you are harder to get a hold of than President Obama.  Seriously.”  Michelle shrugged.

“You could always call or text…or even write a letter.”  Leah snorted and brushed her hair back over her shoulder.

“Or send smoke signals.”  She shook her head.  “But…I guess you wouldn’t be you if you were into the social networking scene.  That’s why I love you.” 

“Aww…well thanks for your confirmation of affection after bashing my lifestyle.” 

“You’re welcome.”  Leah smirked.  “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.  Now tell me what you really came here for.  It was more than just to catch up on three years worth of life.”

“Well…I have the privilege of being the envy of Cassiopeia.”

“Oh, so now even the constellations are jealous of you?”

“Tsk.  Cassiopeia is the official fan club for DBSK.  Their top in K-pop right now.  I’m their stylist.  So yes, constellations should be jealous of me.”  Michelle chuckled softly. 

“Isn’t it hard to work with a bunch of celebrities?”

“Yes and no.  These guys are all great…and super attractive.”

“Well…that kind of goes without saying considering the industry.”

“Have you met them yet?” 

“Hmm?”

“The guys.  Have they been here yet?  Yoochun, like, lives off coffee so I wouldn’t be surprised if he is already a regular.”  Michelle smiled.

“I’ve met them.”  Leah raised her eyebrows, taking a sip of her coffee.

“And?” 

“They seem really nice.”  Leah narrowed her eyes.

“Which one do you like?”

“What?”

“Yunho’s too sporty to be your type…  Jaejoong’s too feminine looking…I just do not see your personality with him.  Yoochun?  Don’t you have a thing for melancholy artists with tortured souls?”  Michelle gave her a look.  “No?  What about Junsu?  I always thought you would be good with someone sweet and funny…no…”  She snapped, startling Michelle.  “It’s totally Changmin.”  She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in her chair.  Michelle pressed her lips together, failing to conceal her smile.  “I can so see that.  He’s handsome and I bet there would be an intellectual connection…he’s witty...”

“Leah…are you matchmaking?” 

“Do you want me to?”

“No.  Let it be.”   Michelle said softly.  Leah cocked her head slightly.

“Are you okay?” 

“Of course.  I just…”

“Have you dated at all?  Do you really want to die alone?”  Michelle was quiet for a moment.  “Sorry.  That was harsh.  I’m just worried about you.  Don’t you want to fall in love with someone?”  Michelle glanced up at her. 

“Things that fall end up broken.” 

The café was quiet for several minutes.  Leah twisted her cup in her hands.

“Listen, Michelle…”  She began softly.  “One of the things we’re doing here is filming a movie.  The lead actress pulled out and they’re looking for someone.”

“And?”

“They want you.”

“What?”  She laughed.  “Don’t joke, Leah.” 

“I’m serious.  I showed them the video of that play you were in for drama class.” 

“What?”

“They want you, Michelle.  Choikang Changmin is the lead!  You’ve got to give it a go.”

“Leah, acting in a school production for drama class is entirely different that acting with a K-pop star in a drama produced by a major Korean entertainment company.”

“Have some confidence in yourself.  Just try it.”

Michelle allowed her thoughts to briefly drift to the handsome man who had become a steady regular at the shop since his arrival a few days ago.  There was depth in those dark eyes.  She was attracted to him.  That was a given. 

She was tempted.

Changmin poked his head around the corner.  “You wanted to see me?”

“Yeah.  Leah gave us a tip on an amateur actress in the area.  She even had a recording of her acting.” 

Changmin sat down beside the computer as the producer deftly pulled the video back up and hit the play button. 

It was the girl from the coffee shop.  Her face was slightly younger and she wore stage makeup, but it was definitely Michelle.  His jaw dropped slightly when she began to sing. 

He was in the entertainment industry.  He regularly brushed shoulders with the best singers in Korea.  This still didn’t quite prepare him for the pleasant surprise of her voice. 

“Let’s have a reading and see how it goes.  If you two have chemistry and she’s good it saves the company from auditioning here in the US or convincing and shipping one of the amateurs at the company here for filming.” 

Changmin nodded absently. 

He had felt a connection with Michelle from the first time they met.  He couldn’t deny that he was attracted to her. 

To act opposite her might be dangerous…

But he was far away from home and the world that so closely coveted his affections and attention. 

He was tempted.

...

Author’s Note:  Hi, everyone!  Thank you for reading despite my slow updates.  If you were wondering what I imagine Michelle singing, I’m thinking of Les Miserables Eponine singing “On My Own” (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOla4fbRFM).  I love that play…  Anyway, please let me know what you think of the story so far.  Constructive criticism is priceless ^_^