The Last Man Standing!

Last Man Standing

Azarath smiled at the boys through the car window as the slept peacefully. The clouds disappeared from the sky revealing a crystal clear sky. The sun shone bright through the tented widows, flashing in Kwangmin’s eyes. He mumbled under his breath before opening his eyes. Looking up to the sky he smiled. "Hyung, the sun. It's finally—” Kwangmin said shaking his brother, but he just laid there motionlessly. “Hyung?” Kwangmin called bringing his ear to the elder’s nose. “He’s not breathing.” He said with a sharp breath. Azarath tapped the window. “What’s wrong?” she asked her voice muffled by the closed window. Kwangmin ignored her and pulled his brother into his arms. “Please don’t die, please.” He begged tears building in his eyes. “Please, I lived for you. Youngmin, live for me. I’ll die without you.” He said softly kissing the older’s lip. Xylon landed on top of the car shaking it furiously. Kwangmin looked out the window and saw Azarath calling him.

He sighed and kissed Youngmin’s forehead before hopping out of the car and heading over to the guardian. “Aren’t you the guardian of Life?” Kwangmin asked before she could greet him. “Yes, but what—” He shush her and she frowned at him. “How did you let my brother die?!” he yelled causing the guardian to stumble backwards. “I-I didn’t let him die. We made a deal.” She said crossing her arms over her chest. Kwangmin’s face twisted in confusion. “What do you mean?” he asked she just blinked. “You mean he didn’t tell you?” she asked he shook his head. Azarath sighed. “The deal was, he’d give me his life in order to save yours.” She explained Kwangmin stared silently at her. “I only needed one more life to be allowed back home.” She smiled and called for Xylon. “You mean, you used my brother so that you’ll be allowed back into your world?” Kwangmin asked in total shock. She smiled at the boy. “Yes, I did.” She said hopping onto Xylon’s back.

“You selfish !” he yelled flinging rocks at her as she flew off laughing. He could no longer hear her laughter as she disappeared into the clearness of the sky. “I’ll get you!” he said plopping down into the random grass that appear from nowhere. “Hyung, I’m sorry.” He said allowing tears to stream down his face freely as he brought his knees to his chest and hugged them close. A few moments later, arms wrapped around Kwangmin’s thin figure. Kwangmin looked up and smiled at his brother’s presence. “You’re ali—” he began, but was cut off. “I love you.” He said before fading away with the gust of wind. “Don’t leave me! Hyung, don’t go!” Kwangmin said running after the little sparkles, but gave up.

Kwangmin-ah, be the last man standing. Do it for hyung.


Author's Note:

Thanks so much for dealing with the waits and the errors and such. I will try to make more stories that people will like. I'm sorry it had to end the way it did... How many people expected it to end this way, honestly? Feel free to add me as a friend^^ I'm a total people person. *bows* Thank you for reading. 감사합니다!