Chapter Three

Oh My Baby!

     OST Fiction by BEAST

 

          Goo Hara always considered herself a patient woman.  One would usually think that she would be impatient and spoiled because of the princess lifestyle she was born and raised in.  However, Hara was quite the opposite.  Many of her relatives, friends, make-up artists, stylists, photographers, etc, would note at how patient and polite Hara would behave.  Her mother would always tell Hara, “If I hadn’t pushed you out, you probably could’ve waited nine more months to be born!

 

          However, even Hara had her impatient days.  Today was one of those days.  For an hour and a half, she’s been waiting for Minho to pick her up for their date.  It was already 8:27, and he was supposed to be there at 7 o’clock sharp.

 

          “Where is he?”  Hara asked to no one in particular.  She looked down at her cell phone to see if he called or texted her.  All she saw was the time increase by a minute.

 

          Because of their busy schedules, Hara sometimes never saw Minho for a week.  They haven’t seen each other in two days.  The only way they communicated to each other was by a short phone call or text.  Though Hara knows she’s probably the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful boyfriend as Minho, she hated how it was always hard for them to go out on a simple date to dinner, the movies, or just spending time together casually.

 

          Hara got up from her seat on the couch and headed towards the bathroom.  She stood in front and stared at herself in the mirror.  After she re-applied her lip-gloss, she couldn’t help but continue to stare at herself.  Hara wasn’t much of a conceited woman either, but even she isn’t blind and humble enough to deny her beauty.  She wasn’t a supermodel for nothing. 

 

          As Hara stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, she turned around to study her outfit that she had her stylist pick out for her date.  Hara made a note in her mind to remind herself to praise her stylist, Key, and to make sure he never quits.  Key chose a sleek sleeveless black mini-dress with a sweetheart neckline for her date.  With Hara’s slim figure and tiny waist, the dress fitted her perfectly.  Her soft brown-reddish hair flowed down past her shoulders and covered her sparkly earrings.  On her left arm was a matching sparkly bracelet.  Below her waist, Key chose a pair of black pumps to complete the look.  He also gave Hara a red jacket just in case she got cold.  The outfit was sassy, but classy at the same time- perfect for her date with Minho tonight……

 

          That is, until he finally shows up.

 

          With a sigh of frustration, Hara dialed Minho’s cell number (she was told to never call his work, since it would be unprofessional for him to take any personal phone calls) and called him again.  When all she got was his voicemail, she hung up not even bothering to leave a message.  She took one quick glance at the mirror one more time and headed out of the bathroom.

 

          Ring ding dong. Ring ding dong. Ring di-

 

          “Choi Minho, you’re dead.” Hara answered the phone immediately before Minho could say anything.

 

          “Hara!  I’m so sorry!  I got caught up at work, and you know how much I have to prove myself to the board since I just got out of college a few months ago!” Minho apologized sincerely over the phone.  However, not all was forgiven for Hara.

 

          “Oh no, Mr. Choi.  I don’t care how caught up at work you got, you could’ve at least called me that you were going to be an hour and a half late. It’s going to take more than an apology over the phone for me to forgive for that, Mister.” Hara angrily scolded.

 

          “Well then, what if I apologize to you in person……right now.

 

          “Hm?”

 

          Hara kept her cell phone at her ear as she went to open her front door.   When she opened the door, she couldn’t help herself from smiling.  There Minho stood, with a large bouquet of an assortment of all kinds of flowers and a stuffed goldfish.  He wore a big smile on his handsome face.  He still wore his work suit, but the first three buttons were undone.

 

          “You think flowers and a goldfish are going to make me so happy that I’ll just forgive you?” Hara asked while she chuckled, obviously forgiving him.

 

          “No, I was hoping our wonderful date to the Tuscany to do that.” Minho said as he winked and offered his left arm to his girlfriend.

 

          “Tuscany? Really?!?” Hara asked excitedly.

 

          “Of course, I know how much you love Italian food,” Minho nodded, “you can even take Goldy if you want to.”

 

          Hara looked down at the stuffed goldfish in her arms and gave her boyfriend a questioning look.

 

         “Why a goldfish?”

 

         “Because it reminded me of you.” Minho answered simply, only resulting to Hara hitting him on the arm while laughing.

 

          “You wait here, I’m going to find a vase for the flowers……and a bowl for Goldy.” Hara stuck her tongue out before heading back inside her department.

 

          Minho just smiled as he waited for his girlfriend so they could start their date.  In his mind, he blew a sigh of relief that Hara was able to forgive him quickly.  He eventually found himself thinking of all the times a certain ex-girlfriend of his would be angry at him for being late for their dates.  Whenever Minho was late to a date with Nicole, all he had to do was surprise her with a cookie or ice cream and all was forgiven.  He laughed as he remembered Nicole’s ecstatic expression whenever he used food as an apology, it was like she won the lottery.

 

          “Wait, no.  Stop it.  I promised myself that I wouldn’t think of her again.”  Minho whispered to himself as he hit himself in the head.  He shook his head as if that would shake out all the memories of Nicole.

 

          “Okay, Minho.  Let’s go, finally.” Hara said as she closed and locked the door behind her.  Minho immediately stopped shaking his head and plastered a charming smile towards his girlfriend.

 

          “My Lady,” he bowed like a gentleman and offered his arm, which Hara accepted with a giggle.

 

________________________ 

 

          It was 10:07 at night.  Nicole had finally managed to get Yoogeun to fall asleep after two hours of singing lullabies and telling him bedtime stories. Her son was one absolutely stubborn child.  When he didn’t want to go bed, he really did not want to go to bed.   She was absolutely exhausted as she collapsed on the living room couch next to her older brother.

          “The monster’s finally asleep?” Yunho asked, his eyes not leaving the TV.

 

          "Yes, no thanks to you.” Nicole grumbled as she pushed her brother aside.

 

          “YAH! You know not to mess with me when I’m watching my late-night varieties!” Yunho cried.

 

          Nicole just rolled her eyes as she leaned back, a small smile growing on her face.  Despite the fact that she’s now a mother and her brother actually has a legitimate job, she felt like just the old days.  Before her brother left for his job......and before Nicole left because she was pregnant.  Her and Yunho were finally living back home in the house they grew up in with their mother, and the new addition to their small family.

 

          Her mother’s house only had three bedrooms.  While Yunho moved back into his old bedroom, Nicole and Yoogeun shared her old room.  Not only because there weren’t any rooms left, but because Yoogeun was still too afraid to sleep by himself.  However, in order to make the room more suitable for a three-year-old, their mother took out Nicole’s desk and bookshelf and replaced it with a bed for Yoogeun.

 

          “So…..” Yunho started once a commercial came on, “I heard from Omma that you’re taking Yoogeun to SHINee World today……”

 

          “Yes……so?” Nicole asked indifferently, more interested in the commercial for cookies.

 

          “Doesn’t you know who’s family own that park?”

 

          Nicole felt her body tensed up, but she shrugged off.

 

          “Yes, I do and I doubt we’ll run into him there.   Also, you don’t need to refer to him as if he’s some Harry Potter villain.  He’s not a bad guy.” Nicole replied calmly.

 

          “Hmmm, getting you pregnant and not doing anything for Yoogeun the past three years……seems like a bad guy to me.” Yunho scoffed while rolling his eyes.

 

         “Yah, it isn’t Minho’s fault.  I’m the one who got myself pregnant and left without telling him anything.  Minho doesn’t know anything!” Nicole defended, “And I would like to keep it that way!”

 

          “Why don’t you want him to know? Most girls would want make the that got them pregnant and basically ruined their lives pay!” Yunho argued, “But you? Noooo, you think it’s best for him not to know that he has a son running around!”

 

          Nicole sighed.  Yunho may be somewhat of goof and immature, but he was extremely over-protective of his sister.  Ever since they were kids, Yunho always watched over his Nicole, especially after their father passed away.  This was one of the reasons Nicole ran away to LA.  She knew she could rely on her brother. 

 

          However, Yunho blamed himself when he discovered Nicole was pregnant.  He believed that if he hadn’t left home for his job, everything would’ve ended better.  No matter how many times Nicole told him that it’s not his fault, he still believed for the past three years that part of it is.  However, most of his anger was aimed at Minho.  If they weren’t separated by countries when Yunho discovered Nicole’s pregnancy, she was sure that her brother would be in jail right now……and Minho in a coffin.

 

          “Look, I’ve told you a million times- I don’t want Minho to know anything.  I left to take him out of my life, and I want it that way!” Nicole angrily yelled before getting up, “Keep the TV down so you don’t wake Yoogeun!  I’m going to bed!” 

 

________________________  

 

Sorry to all my subscribers and readers!  This past month has been really busy.  For the first two weeks of June I had final exams.  I also just graduated high school June 18 (YAY!), and because of that I had family and my best friend (who lives in Vegas) come visit.   So to start of July, I'm going post a new chapter!  Hopefully nobody has given up on me yet >.<  I promise to update more often, and considering it's summer- you can even expect a few more stories as well ;)

 

Also, don't forget- comments and subscribers motivate me even more!